Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 7:50pm Post subject: Desert Island Movies
I have 6, which exceeds the limit and may get me voted off of the island, but here they are anyway:

To Kill A Mockingbird
Fargo
Citizen Kane
Star Wars
The Shawshank Redemption
Groundhog Day

Wait a god damned minute! If he gets to break your fucking rules Canuck, why couldn't I?!! In fact, if you were agreeable to that you should've...you fucking....argh!!

God dammit.

Fuck.

And Tobias, everyone always mentions 'Citizen Kane' because they think they are supposed to, not because they actually like it. So arm yourself man and don't go Wikipedia-ing your justifications for having chosen it or I'll flay you with my dependably dull knife X-D Right after I've tickled Canuck with it a little heh heh heh....

FFS Rosebud, er Nitro, you're gonna get us both voted off the island for sure now....dagummit, there's always one crybaby X-D You presume too much, especially in thinking that I might feel the need to justify, and with Wiki, my selections to you, or anyone else for that matter, but I do own "Citizen Kane" on dvd and I will be taking it to the island, because I like it. And if you intend to bring your dull knife to a gun fight, well...ok Heh, sorry for that unabashed Indiana Jones reference, truth is, my list had 7 but I removed Raiders of the Lost Ark at the last minute.

Oh and for the record, "To Kill a Mockingbird" is my all time favorite...for many reasons.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 8:32pm Post subject: Desert Island Movies
I'm not sure the three movies I'd take would necessarily be my favourite or the most moving ones, but instead they'd be things I don't mind watching over and over again. The Naked Gun or Murder by Death would fall into that category. Shawshank Redemption is my favourite film of all time but gets me so intensely involved I don't watch it that much. I'd probably find a cheesy scifi flick too e.g. Return of the Jedi or Star Trek. That's too many again of course.

That would be me.

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Feb 21st, 2009 8:53pm Post subject: Desert Island Movies

Though I loved Pan's Labyrinth(best bad guy of all times) I'm not certain I could watch it over and over again. And actually, Cinema Paradiso is one of my favourite films of all times along with Il Postino, so I may choose one of those.

Have you seen "The Bicycle Thief"?

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Nitro

Posted Sun Feb 22nd, 2009 5:46am Post subject: Desert Island Movies
[

FFS Rosebud, er Nitro, you're gonna get us both voted off the island for sure now....dagummit, there's always one crybaby X-D You presume too much, especially in thinking that I might feel the need to justify, and with Wiki, my selections to you, or anyone else for that matter, but I do own "Citizen Kane" on dvd and I will be taking it to the island, because I like it. And if you intend to bring your dull knife to a gun fight, well...ok Heh, sorry for that unabashed Indiana Jones reference, truth is, my list had 7 but I removed Raiders of the Lost Ark at the last minute.

Oh and for the record, "To Kill a Mockingbird" is my all time favorite...for many reasons.

I was just messing with you Tobias, really. No need to break out Indiana on me. No presumptions either, except towards jesting. That's 'jesting', not 'jousting'.

I drank way too much coffee this morning. Still, let's get something straight: A crybaby I am not. Occasionally overly irritable, but not a crybaby. X-D if you intimate anything else I shall stuff my thumb right into my big mouth.

"Hey Boo...."

Really? Wow.

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Feb 22nd, 2009 7:06pm Post subject: Desert Island Movies
I was just messing with you Tobias, really. No need to break out Indiana on me. No presumptions either, except towards jesting. That's 'jesting', not 'jousting'.

Of course it was all in jest, no worries.

Walt Whitman

michael

Posted Mon Feb 23rd, 2009 5:13pm Post subject: Desert Island Movies
i'm bringing
mewvies

what?? it'll hone my hunting skills.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

j9r

Posted Wed Feb 25th, 2009 2:14am Post subject: Desert Island Movies
If stuck somewhere I want 3 movies that are fun and I can watch over and over and over again.

Princess Bride
Philadelphia Story
The Thin Man

Not a deep film in the bunch.

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka

TobiasMonk

Posted Wed Feb 25th, 2009 2:30am Post subject: Desert Island Movies
If stuck somewhere I want 3 movies that are fun and I can watch over and over and over again.

Princess Bride
Philadelphia Story
The Thin Man

Gaaaah, how could I forget "Mawwiage"!!!

Walt Whitman

j9r

Posted Wed Feb 25th, 2009 2:55am Post subject: Desert Island Movies

Princess Bride
Philadelphia Story
The Thin Man

Gaaaah, how could I forget "Mawwiage"!!!

Or "I do not think that word means what you think it means"
Or "I not a witch, I'm your wife"

I can quote almost every line and it always makes me laugh.

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka