Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Julia from Bristol

Posted Tue May 12th, 2009 8:56pm Post subject: Dinner Party!
You are holding a dinner party for 6 people. There's you, Stephen & four others.
You have to say who, why & what would make it a disaster!

I have a cunning plan!

exoskeleton

Posted Tue May 12th, 2009 11:53pm Post subject: Dinner Party!
haha, this seems fun!

I would invite both my parents, my sister, and ...
and one of my friends from another website who I have never met but we have tons of interests in common and she's really fun. she also likes Stephen so she would totally appreciate his presence.

it would be a disaster because my family is very slow to figure out who Stephen is even though I explain. also they might find it weird to meet my online friend.
it would be awesome because my family is. they are great at making conversation with strangers go smoothly. they're funny and smart and I try to keep up.

sockdolager.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Wed May 13th, 2009 1:55am Post subject: Dinner Party!
Me and Stephen and Jeeves and Control and General Melchett and House.

It would be a disaster because Stephen would be taking teacup twitpics all evening while Jeeves pines for Bertie who obviously got lost on the way while Control keeps looking under the table for Russion spies while Melchett chokes on his filet mignon is sauce bernaise that I foolishly allowed three wondering Italian chefs to cook for us while House hallucinates the whole night.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

gemini

Posted Wed May 13th, 2009 8:06pm Post subject: Dinner Party!
All right. there would be me (obviously) Stephen, my mum (cause she would kill me if Stephen was there for dinner and she wasn't invited), Mr Spock, Jeeves (because I'm curious like hell how they would get on with each other) and of course Hugh (just in case Stephen gets bored with the others). And it would be a disaster because I can't cook.

Laur1991

Posted Thu May 14th, 2009 8:42am Post subject: Dinner Party!
Let's see... I'd invite Stephen Fry, Brent Butt (funniest guy in the world.) , Conan O'Brien (Other funniest guy in the world.) , and my parents (just to make things less awkward.)

What would make it a disaster? lol Conan would probably do something stupid and weird out Stephen. Then Brent would get all shy and ask to leave early. My parents would beg him not to go, since they hate Conan O'brien and have no idea who Stephen Fry is. By this point, Stephen would have sent out over 132 tweets and over 25 twitpics explaining how horrible my dinner party was.

michael

Posted Thu May 14th, 2009 4:50pm Post subject: Dinner Party!
By this point, Stephen would have sent out over 132 tweets and over 25 twitpics explaining how horrible my dinner party was

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

doubt he'd be so cruel but it cracks me up.

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

Julia from Bristol

Posted Thu May 14th, 2009 5:29pm Post subject: Dinner Party!
By this point, Stephen would have sent out over 132 tweets and over 25 twitpics explaining how horrible my dinner party was

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

doubt he'd be so cruel but it cracks me up.

So, who would you invite michael?

I have a cunning plan!

michael

Posted Thu May 14th, 2009 6:11pm Post subject: Dinner Party!

some of THESE GUYS
because they dance & i know Mr Fry won't.
They can dance in his place.

and a siberian tiger
because i like them a lot.

it would be a disaster if we ran out of flamingos.

maybe i shouldn't invite the tiger....hold that thought...i'll get back to you.

BeamaCasey

Posted Thu May 14th, 2009 6:53pm Post subject: Dinner Party!
Oo fun!

There'd be me, Stephen, my friend Nicola cos I need someone that I know, Lee Evans cos I find him incredibly funny, Moe from the Simpsons cos hopefully he'd attract some of Bart's prank phone calls, and Rich Hall for his sarcastic dryness.

It'd be a disaster because Moe would immediately try (and fail) to pick up Nicola, Lee Evans and Rich Hall would have a comedian face-off, I would fail to make even awkward conversation, and Stephen would say that this is how the Boston Tea Party got off to such a bad start. And to top it all off, Bart wouldn't call.

Julia from Bristol

Posted Thu May 14th, 2009 7:18pm Post subject: Dinner Party!

some of THESE GUYS
because they dance & i know Mr Fry won't.
They can dance in his place.

and a siberian tiger
because i like them a lot.

it would be a disaster if we ran out of flamingos.

You'd need an interesting menu michael! Probably lots of fish!(Unless you were thinking pink..!)

maybe i shouldn't invite the tiger....hold that thought...i'll get back to you.

I have a cunning plan!

michael

Posted Thu May 14th, 2009 8:09pm Post subject: Dinner Party!

You'd need an interesting menu michael! Probably lots of fish!(Unless you were thinking pink..!)

flamingos eat brine shrimp and cyanobacteria.

wonder if Mr Fry likes that?

Julia from Bristol

Posted Thu May 14th, 2009 8:16pm Post subject: Dinner Party!

flamingos eat brine shrimp and cyanobacteria.

wonder if Mr Fry likes that?

He'd be polite I'm sure!!

I have a cunning plan!

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu May 14th, 2009 10:51pm Post subject: Dinner Party!
Stephen, I and hmm.....let's see....

1. Craig Ferguson (love him, he's hilarious, he knows stephen, and he's an awesome writer)
2. Seth MacFarlane (love him, he's hilarious, very very very smart guy)
3. David Mitchell (see parenthetical about Seth McFarlane)
4. Robert Llewellyn (absolutely adore his wet liberal rants and carpool)

It ends up being a disaster b/c we all jump into politics off the bat which leads a bit to religion and I find myself a lone theist in a group of people whom I would rather like to impress. So I get nervous despite knowing i'm also a hippy at heart and therefore accept any arguments they make and my anxiety kicks in and I am forced to lock myself in the rest room for an hour in order to get my panic levels in check while my guests have tons of fun chatting.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

JSKanga84

Posted Fri May 15th, 2009 1:21am Post subject: Dinner Party!
Oooh! Oooh! Me next!
Stephen and me....
My colleagues I eat dinner with every week, Hannah, Grace and Brian; they're my crew, and my friend Brent, who cracks me up and can have a good conversation with anyone he meets.
It would be a disaster because we would be at my apartment where I don't have enough seating for six around my dining room table, so we'd be in each others' way, and then my oven would blow the fuse in the entire building and the electricity and A/C would go out. Conversation-wise, Stephen and Brent would be bored because me and my crew like to talk about Romance linguistics and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Then Brent and Stephen would become good friends through their common bad experience of my dinner party. As a result, they would make a blood pact to never visit my home again in the course of their natural lives.

David Ross

Posted Sat May 16th, 2009 3:30pm Post subject: Dinner Party!
Me, Stephen, Billy Connolly, Mike Atherton, Morrissey and Russell Brand

How could it be a disaster? I really don't know