Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Julia from Bristol

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 11:13am Post subject: Dinner Party!
Me, Stephen, Billy Connolly, Mike Atherton, Morrissey and Russell Brand

How could it be a disaster? I really don't know

Apart from Russel Brand, I'm there with you Daveross!

I have a cunning plan!

Peachy Keenan

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 4:37pm Post subject: Dinner Party!
What a fabulous thought!

Obviously, there would be Stephen, Michael Palin, Dylan Moran, Dr Karl and my best friend Jen. She would have to come because I know she'd never forgive me if I didn't invite her. Though I suspect she and I would both be lost for words as the four smartest men we know would talk amongst themselves. We would just sit there, as our food got cold, yet basking in the complete loveliness of our guests.

Twittering @peachykeenan!

Shyamz

Posted Sat May 23rd, 2009 1:57pm Post subject: Dinner Party!
If I'm sticking with the living, I'd go with Mr Fry (obviously), James May, Dylan Moran (I'm well with Peachy on that one, he's incredible), Stephen Mangan, Matt Stone and Terry Jones.

(I suppose I could have added a few authors or directors I like, but to be honest, I'd be more concerned about having a good time then I would be about having intelligent conversation...and I reckon these guys could make a party go with a swing).

As I can't cook to save my life chances are the caterers would deliver the food late.
Mr Moran is very amusing after a few glasses of wine, but that would more than likely mean that there would be no wine for anyone else about twenty minutes after his arrival, resulting in very unhappy guests.
Alan Davies and David Mitchel would no doubt arrive at some point, because poor Stephen can't go anywhere without them showing up to spoil everything for me, so I'd probably be spending at least an hour trying to kick them out of my house...a fight I would win, obviously.
Stephen Mangan would probably try to impress Mr Fry and entertain an embarrassed Terry Jones by attempting to do a few Monty Python sketches...not appropriate under any circumstances.
Matt would probably throw up in the bath full of beers I'd set up (and probably so would I after having a bang on the suicidal-strength weed he'd no doubt bring with him).
I'd probably forget (after having a couple of Godfather's too many), that Stephen can't drink champagne and end up sending him to hospital, and I would without a doubt make a very drunken fool of myself with Mr May after finding him alone in my bedroom playing with my cat who I'd have to lock in there for the evening.

Sounds like a good night.

"You should have come you'd have at least lost an eye".

Mandibles

Posted Sat May 23rd, 2009 2:45pm Post subject: Dinner Party!
Me, Stephen, Spock, Geoffrey Rush (as Barbossa), Kevin from the Eggheads and my mate Heather.

It would be a disaster because I don't own a dinner table.

Kevin and Stephen would have a "Brain-off" all night and pass out from IQ exhaustion.

Spock would wander around the house trying to make a comm device out of a spatula and some double A batteries.

Barbossa would find a large cut-out of himself stuck on my bedroom wall and run screaming out of the house.

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.