Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Musical.moment

Posted Mon Dec 22nd, 2008 10:46pm Post subject: Does anyone go onto the QI forum?
The thing I find with the QI forum, is that I rarely have enough knowledge to post a reply, and I am one of the ignorant members of the general public that is constantly amazed by QI, leaving me in a position where I'm not sure I want to post for fear of looking Stupid

TheElephant

Posted Tue Dec 23rd, 2008 9:51am Post subject: Does anyone go onto the QI forum?
Aye, same username there.

It was the place that pointed me towards sporcle.com, which is both a very good, and a very bad thing.........

Gluben

Posted Tue Dec 23rd, 2008 9:14pm Post subject: Does anyone go onto the QI forum?
I'm a fairly longtime member, under the same name here. For those who fear that their supposedly inferior knowledge (which, trust me, you don't have - yours is probably vastly superior to mine) will be a weakness resulting in being bullied and corrected more times than a John Prescott speech, do not fear.

The emphasis is very much on the sharing of knowledge and tidbits which any individual can bring to the forums. We do not desire to be condescending or immature, like so many talent karaoke contests or makeover shows - merely aiming to get a more accurate picture of "what is" than "what we think is", delighting in the stuff we come across along the way. We all welcome pictures, links to videos, opinions and general paraphenalia, no matter how unrelated you might think it is. As Agatha Christie said in a recent episode of Doctor Who: "The thrill is in the chase, never in the capture".

And it all else fails, have some cake. Cake never fails.