Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

AxmxZ

Posted Sat Oct 20th, 2007 3:28am Post subject: does anyone know when this america project starts?
Is it bad form to post Stephen's Facebook updates here? It's trip related, but I feel like I'm betraying a trust if I do. Certainly don't want to incur the wrath of The Bent-Nosed One. *shudderscrumbleshides *

Hm. That's a doozy. I'd message him and ask. I'd be surprised if you couldn't - I mean, the only real difference between folks like you and folks like us - those deprived of his FB friendship - is the few hours/days by which we were late to the Facebook friending frenzy.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Oct 20th, 2007 3:35am Post subject: does anyone know when this america project starts?
yeah, just ask.

this is his website as well, after all.

plus, i bet the facebook limit thing is just because no one can really handle having thousands of friends, sending you eggs that hatch puppies everyday.
(not that i'm dissing the puppies...)

AxmxZ

Posted Sat Oct 20th, 2007 3:42am Post subject: does anyone know when this america project starts?
yeah, just ask.

plus, i bet the facebook limit thing is just because no one can really handle having thousands of friends, sending you eggs that hatch puppies everyday.

Let me diss them for you then.

There. Done and dissed. And ditto for all the pirate/zombie/ninja/chartered accountant invitations too. Bollocks to the lot.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Oct 20th, 2007 3:50am Post subject: does anyone know when this america project starts?
LMAO! i hope i never sent you one!

what i don't get is: who's sittin' around makin' puppy omelettes?

AxmxZ

Posted Sat Oct 20th, 2007 4:11am Post subject: does anyone know when this america project starts?
Actually, you know what? I take back the 'chartered accountant' diss. Because if they *had* made a 'Bite-your-neighbor-to-transform-him-into-a-chartered-accountant' meme, I would go for it in a heartbeat. Especially if for every set number of people you bit, your mascot learned one of Tim Brooke-Taylor's classic 'Chartered Accountant' dance moves. And then, once you've risen to the rank of general, or whatever the equivalent would be for chartered accountants - hedge fund manager, perhaps? - your bowler-hatted avatar would be able to dance the whole thing on demand at full speed.

Mr. Brooke-Taylor, if you please.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4T_eRLmekD0

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Oct 20th, 2007 4:46am Post subject: does anyone know when this america project starts?
Is it bad form to post Stephen's Facebook updates here? It's trip related, but I feel like I'm betraying a trust if I do. Certainly don't want to incur the wrath of The Bent-Nosed One. *shudderscrumbleshides *

Hm. That's a doozy. I'd message him and ask.

Yeah, that's worked out so well in the past.

Stephen: Oh, piss pales another message from Jeremy. DUH-LETE.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

AxmxZ

Posted Sat Oct 20th, 2007 4:52am Post subject: does anyone know when this america project starts?
Ask MinervaMoon then. They seem to be rather chummy.

/is not bitter at all.

MinervaMoon

Posted Sat Oct 20th, 2007 2:53pm Post subject: does anyone know when this america project starts?
Ask MinervaMoon then. They seem to be rather chummy.

/is not bitter at all.

Well, "chummy" is a bit of an overstatement . . .

AxmxZ

Posted Sat Oct 20th, 2007 7:36pm Post subject: does anyone know when this america project starts?
*cock an eyebrow at MinervaMoon's avatar*

Even so, a question from you might actually get through and get an answer.

StickyKeys

Posted Wed Oct 24th, 2007 3:32pm Post subject: does anyone know when this america project starts?
Ha! Now Minerva gets shy, you simply must be more American!

I read the Fry in America article and saw this:

"My major thought is that I don't want to go there and say, 'Aren't Americans stupid?' My experience is that they are more intelligent than anyone gives them credit for and polite, and charming. And also honourable."

My goodness, what's being said out there about us?!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Oct 24th, 2007 5:32pm Post subject: does anyone know when this america project starts?
And he promises it won't be the usual Times Square/ Hollywood yawn-fest.

Advertisement
He says: "In New York I won't go to Manhattan, in California I won't go to LA. It's about being in the State, not about places we have been before."

Oh that's good to hear. I'm glad he's going to places that don't get the attention.

yeah, just ask.

Let me diss them for you then.

There. Done and dissed. And ditto for all the pirate/zombie/ninja/chartered accountant invitations too. Bollocks to the lot.

You can block those invitations. As soon as I found out how to do it I blocked the lot - vampires, zombies, werewolves, anything else like that. I really dislike applications that you can't interact with and all you do is annoy people with invites just so you can go up a level. I like things like gifts, games, wall posts but that other stuff are just glorified chain mails.

Assuming direct control...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu May 29th, 2008 9:10pm Post subject: does anyone know when this america project starts?
back to business...

http://www.c21media.net/news/detail.asp?area=100&article=42074

for real? more? more america?

i thought at first it meant he was coming back, but no probably not. still, i'm interested to see the first series if he felt there was 2 series worth of things to talk about!!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 2:07am Post subject: does anyone know when this america project starts?
Yeah, I saw that, too. It makes it sound like the documentary has already aired and they're giving the people more of what they want. The people do want more Fry after all.

http://www.4rfv.co.uk/industrynews.asp?id=76720

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

nongenderous

Posted Sun Jun 1st, 2008 8:09pm Post subject: does anyone know when this america project starts?
You can block those invitations. As soon as I found out how to do it I blocked the lot - vampires, zombies, werewolves, anything else like that. I really dislike applications that you can't interact with and all you do is annoy people with invites just so you can go up a level. I like things like gifts, games, wall posts but that other stuff are just glorified chain mails.

So do I. I am becoming allergic to all the bloody applications. I turn down every single request, and I don't feel bad about it. Today someone had turned me into their pet. I just ignored the request as I always do.

JSKanga84

Posted Sat Jun 7th, 2008 2:11am Post subject: does anyone know when this america project starts?
Wait. The article says that they're doing a series based on 5 essays. So are they talking about some written, possibly publishable material that SF will expound upon in the series?