Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amberzak

Posted Sun Apr 20th, 2008 11:43am Post subject: Does S. Fry act for low budget films, if it for a good cause
I have been working with some special needs children in a school doing a film workshop, and was amazed at how the took to it. This has inspired me to start a filmaking club for special needs and children at risk (This includes youth who have been or are close to permanent exclusion) And to run workshops going into schools.

I briefly spoke to one of my teachers, who is a screenwriter, and he said that a short story I did for my degree would make a good film. i am doing a degree in English and Creative Writing. but he also said that to get a budget, we would normally need someone famous on board.

When I wrote the script I actually saw Stephen Fry playing the part.

Does anyone know how to contact him, or his agent, just to find out if he is interested. It wont be for some time yet that we will be doing it.

ClareBear

Posted Sun Apr 20th, 2008 12:00pm Post subject: Does S. Fry act for low budget films, if it for a good cause
Agent's details:

http://stephenfry.com/press_publicity/agent.html

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Apr 20th, 2008 12:10pm Post subject: Does S. Fry act for low budget films, if it for a good cause
Stephen Fry once did do voicework for The Transporters an online tv show for children with autism to help them develop their understanding of emotions. So maybe he would do something like a film for a good cause like that again you never know; though he is a very busy person he seems to find time to do everything. I wouldn't get your hopes up too igh but it's still worth a try.

Assuming direct control...