Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Squaredog

Posted Sun Sep 28th, 2008 9:26am Post subject: Does Stephen Fry Read This Forum?
I'm sorry, I can't bring myself to say 'Mr Fry' - that seems garishly sychophantic and 'Stephen' inappropriately familiar. So 'Stephen Fry' it is. Maybe in the future 'Stevie' or 'Fryster' but for now...'Stephen Fry'. Yes I'm comfortable with that.

Anyway, does Steviepoops read this forum or are we all yammering away in the alley behind the theatre like a hoard of lovely nothing-faces?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Sep 28th, 2008 12:06pm Post subject: Does Stephen Fry Read This Forum?
Who knows? It seems he reads responses to his blessays/Dork Talk column judging by the one where he responded to people freaking out and misunderstanding his comments about Terry Pratchett books from a previous article. He does seem to be aware of those people who say they want more frequent podgrams and blessays, longer ones, raw ones, structured ones. Based on all that he may look at the comments on there from time to time unless all these people have been seen sending letters to him via snail mail. But as to the forum I have no idea. He seems such a busy man I can't fathom how he even has time to do all the things he does.

Assuming direct control...

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun Sep 28th, 2008 10:01pm Post subject: Does Stephen Fry Read This Forum?
Yes.

I do visit the site daily, I do read all your comments and discussions but as I hope you can understand, it is almost always impossible to reply personally.

Homepage has been updated. And they misspelled "wil".

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Sep 29th, 2008 8:23am Post subject: Does Stephen Fry Read This Forum?
...and

Stephen Fry in America is already generating fantastic articles within the Forum. We've set up a special section for al your questions, comments and answers. And yes, Stephen does read all your comments.

I didn't think he had time to read the forum.

dulieGirl

Posted Mon Sep 29th, 2008 1:30pm Post subject: Does Stephen Fry Read This Forum?
I didn't think he had time to read the forum.
I generally make the same assumption about celebrity website forums. Not that I'm saying Mr. Fry is lying about checking the forums. I guess I would never assume anything I post here would be read by anyone other than the regular posters out in the interwebnether, not celebs.

ClareBear

Posted Mon Sep 29th, 2008 1:35pm Post subject: Does Stephen Fry Read This Forum?
ugh, I hate the word sleb.

The future is still egg-shaped.

Occy

Posted Mon Sep 29th, 2008 2:45pm Post subject: Does Stephen Fry Read This Forum?
BlahBlah - Stephen reads, Stephen doesn't read - ultimately this is a fantatsic place because we can came here with one common interest - the man himself - and many of us have found multiple things in common.

It is thanks to the very existence of this site that many people have found support that they may not otherwise have had. People dealing with their sexuality, with depression and at times with obsession have found support and like minded people.

I believe Stephen looks in when he can but I cant blame him for not replying. If he replies to you and not to me, Im going to be upset aren't I? So it is best to read and respond generally to the group rather than to individuals.

There's also a danger of people who are "spoken to" to think they are more worthy than others which is bollocks

I know what Im trying to say...

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Sep 29th, 2008 4:19pm Post subject: Does Stephen Fry Read This Forum?
I don't think anyone was complaining Occy or expecting any kind of response. Why should we? I come here to talk to people I've made friends with and are interested in hearing from. I like discussing topics of interest to me like for example on the multimedia board I like talking about Doctor Who with other fans and see what exciting links and treasures other fans have found. I like hearing what people from around the world have say about their everyday lives. Others will come here looking for support for various reasons. I like coming here because people are level headed and aren't arrogant and up their own arses like people on some forums I've been on are. I don't like the tunnel vision some forums impose on it's users.

radioactiveduck

Posted Mon Sep 29th, 2008 5:02pm Post subject: Does Stephen Fry Read This Forum?
I like coming here because people are level headed and aren't arrogant and up their own arses like people on some forums I've been on are. .
That's true. I can honestly say this is the nicest forum I've been on. There aren't any arguements. I'm quite shy so all I usually do is lurk but everyone here seems so friendly. It wouldn't really matter if stephen didn't read the forum but it's good if he does

dulieGirl

Posted Mon Sep 29th, 2008 11:25pm Post subject: Does Stephen Fry Read This Forum?
I don't think anyone was complaining Occy or expecting any kind of response.
Yeah, not complaining in any way. I just don't get caught up in the idea of whether he reads the posts or not. I just post here because I find a lot of what's going on fun and amusing.

Occy

Posted Tue Sep 30th, 2008 12:53am Post subject: Does Stephen Fry Read This Forum?
I was referring to the initial poster.