Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Apr 5th, 2009 2:38pm Post subject: Does Stephen Fry take any bi-polar medication?
Welcome back Swainer

personally i'd like to say i dont really care whether he does or doesn't take medication, he still is a fantastically interesting man and has given a lot of himself to us all, so he has my respect.

I'm off to drink tea and smoke like a chimney

Tg

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Apr 5th, 2009 3:22pm Post subject: Does Stephen Fry take any bi-polar medication?
Swainer, you still seem to be equating Mr. Fry's level of bipolar disorder with your friend's, and it would seem that they are not of the same level. How Stephen's friends and family respond to his episodes have really no bearing on how you should respond to your friend. I understand you are looking for someone to blame because you feel somewhat helpless in dealing with your friend's illness. Unfortunately, Stephen Fry's cyclothymia and the way he and his loved ones deal with it really doesn't have anything to do with your friend's illness. He may be trying to make people think that it does, but hopefully more rational people will be able to make him see that it doesn't. By coming here and making the assertions that you have, you are falling into that same faulty thinking that your friend has. I hope that at least being able to air your concerns in public as you have has provided you with some relief.

Theen

Posted Mon Apr 22nd, 2013 8:06am Post subject: Does Stephen Fry take any bi-polar medication?

I just saw an interview where he admits to taking medication for his mood disorder.
Its from this year. So he maybe started a little while ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiLNRWfmZkI