Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

redjeans1979

Posted Tue Mar 11th, 2008 3:12pm Post subject: Dog Mess
There is someone who lives near me who has a big Alsation dog.

Everyday, when I go to buy a paper and some ciggys I have to walk carefully around dog turds the size of tennis balls. All covering a least 3 meters of the pavement.

To make things worse they let their dog do this right next to the bus shelter so all the school kids and old people tread in it!

I have only caught the culprit doing it once but am convinced they are guilty (other dog owners Ive seen have smaller dogs and use poop scoops).

Its disgusting, thoughtless and wrong.

Can anyone suggest a way to stop this from happening?

Has anybody else got a similar menace in their community?

peetyweety

Posted Wed Mar 12th, 2008 12:09pm Post subject: Dog Mess
I sympathise. When I take my kids to school, I have to constantly be on dog poo alert so they don't tread in it. The school is only a quarter of a mile away and there are two dog waste bins on the way, it is filthy, inexcusable and filthy dirty but I guess these people don't think about...er, scratch that, don't think. At all...sigh!!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Mar 12th, 2008 1:05pm Post subject: Dog Mess
Eurgh there was this school I was working at for a day or two and I hated walking down the road towards it because it was always covered in dog poo here there and everywhere. It was disgusting I had to walk in the road in some places.

Assuming direct control...

st.bipolar

Posted Wed Mar 12th, 2008 1:17pm Post subject: Dog Mess
well this isnt really a menace but all the same it refers to something im afraid to thread in.

when i was driving down a country road a while ago loads of frogs started bounding across i stopped and got out of the car and waited till they passed but some grasshole drove right over them!

Red Raven

Posted Wed Mar 12th, 2008 1:23pm Post subject: Dog Mess
well this isnt really a manace but all the same it refers to something im afraid to thread in.

when i was driving down a country road a while ago loads of frogs started bounding across i stopped and got out of the car and waited till they passed but some grasshole drove right over them!

There are places here near the coast with little froglets that get in the road. They stay there tho so you have no choice. I always scream as I drove through.

st.bipolar

Posted Wed Mar 12th, 2008 1:58pm Post subject: Dog Mess
well there wasnt that many so i picked them up and put them in the bushes also the other day i almost ran over a pine martin!

st.bipolar

Posted Wed Mar 12th, 2008 2:05pm Post subject: Dog Mess
[img][/img]

aaahhh think thats a baby one

Red Raven

Posted Wed Mar 12th, 2008 3:04pm Post subject: Dog Mess
[img][/img]

That is soooo cute! I want one!

st.bipolar

Posted Wed Mar 12th, 2008 3:20pm Post subject: Dog Mess
[img][/img]

yea there nice but very very rare over here dont wrry red if i see one ill knock it out and send one over to ya

Red Raven

Posted Wed Mar 12th, 2008 3:52pm Post subject: Dog Mess
[img][/img]

yea there nice but very very rare over here dont wrry red if i see one ill knock it out and send one over to ya

Nooo don't thunk 'is little noggin! Give him snuggles and love kisses and name him Bertimus Howard and feed him yummy things and build him a small hidey hole so he feels safe.

That is what he needs. I will come to collect him soon.

peetyweety

Posted Wed Mar 12th, 2008 8:35pm Post subject: Dog Mess
That is so cute, I think I may implode with loveliness!!!!

Red Raven

Posted Thu Mar 13th, 2008 12:07am Post subject: Dog Mess
That is so cute, I think I may implode with loveliness!!!!
Me tooo!! That's why I must have him!

When I see a small, cute, fuzzy animal like that I always recall Of Mice and Men and understand with all my heart how he managed to love the bunnies to death. Bless em.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Mar 13th, 2008 10:21am Post subject: Dog Mess
Awww the pine martin is so cute and adorable! I want to hug and squeeze it! I've never seen a pine martin before it looks so tiny!

st.bipolar

Posted Thu Mar 13th, 2008 1:17pm Post subject: Dog Mess
dont worry girls pine martins for all! just have to get the right size club and there will be one one its way!

amyl ive only ever seen two like the red squirrel they are very rare and irelands second most protected animal after a mythical animal called the dober chu belive it our not

and that is a baby

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Mar 13th, 2008 2:28pm Post subject: Dog Mess
It's a baby? No wonder it's so small. ^_^ I haven't seen a red squirrel in years. I remember seeing them when I was a little girl but now all I see are grey squirrels. It's so sad how rare they are now. Hedgehogs are in danger too. There aren't as many as there used to be because of them losing their homes and the increase in cars on the roads. Poor guys.