Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Shyamz

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 3:17pm Post subject: DON'T vote BNP. There is no excuse.
This is relating to a mock-up of a photo that can apparently be found somewhere hidden away on the BNP website, (I can't remember the link, and am too horrified at the thought of actually visiting said website to go and find it myself), comparing their persecution to that of Jesus.
(Now people here know I'm not religious by any means, in fact I'm borderline Atheist a lot of the time, but that doesn't mean I'm not angered by such lack of respect and principles, particularly in the name of furthering the cause of such a repulsive political party).

It contains (as well as the astoundingly arrogant tag line "what would Jesus do? Vote BNP" underneath the bible quote John 15:20; "if they persecuted me, they will also persecute you"), a picture of Jesus, under which reads:

"Church of England BAN
Press PERSECUTION
Police INTIMIDATION

BNP-PERSECUTED FOR SAYING WHAT YOU THINK"

Persecuted for saying what "you" think?

How dare these people assume that we all think in the same way they do but are simply "too scared" to speak out loud, and that somehow this makes their views representative of the "moral majority" as it's so often called.
I'm constantly dumbfounded by the stupidity of humanity generally, but particularly when it comes to some people's thoughts on the BN-bloody-P.

You read some idiots (including themselves) claiming that this party of ignorant racists have been "misinterpreted" and that none of the vile bigots of yesteryear remain and that they've changed their policies and image over the years. (I even read a comment on a newspaper forum by someone claiming they couldn't see anything racist or inflammatory on the BNP website, so perhaps another poster on the site was wrong about them...as if they would put their real agenda on public display like that, you congenital imbecile).

Everyone knows any political party will say anything they think will gain them enough votes to win an election, whatever those things may be and whatever bandwagon they need to jump on, and as soon as they've moved their laptop and pot plant into their new office they do whatever the hell they please, to keep party donations coming in and to keep them and their families living in the style to which they are not entitled.

BNP voters are no stranger to this fact, and they often even use it as an excuse for voting BNP in the first place, citing them as "up front and honest" about their plans for running the country and "putting Britain first", compared to the "self serving" and "dishonest" main parties.

So why do they believe the BNP are any different?
All parties practice to deceive, and hide their real agendas when election time comes around, but at least their hidden plans are nothing like that of these disgusting right-wing lunatics.

For christ's sake don't use an unwanted vote on these w*****s, there are other minor parties you can give your vote to, like Green Party (who deserve more anyway).

Just think, If they all lie to conceal the truth, then imagine how horrific the hidden truth of these vile a*******s is.

monochromeprincess

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 4:11pm Post subject: DON'T vote BNP. There is no excuse.
Hear hear.
I commend your getting the word out to stop people voting BNP (or UKIP for that matter too...).

Link courtesy of @singitback82 yesterday:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-mayor/artic.....article.do

Every single Briton can stop this dangerous trend of thinking by NOT voting BNP when it comes to the polls. And make your vote for any other party count.

mp xxxx

@dreamingshadow

CollectorManiac

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 4:15pm Post subject: DON'T vote BNP. There is no excuse.
I was just about to post something along the same lines.
I've been out the past 3 weekends campaigning for Hope Not Hate (http://www.hopenothate.org.uk) the primary anti-BNP and anti-fascist organisation, posting leaflets and newspapers, knocking on doors, that sort of thing.
Until this Saturday's session, we hadn't really had any trouble at all. But it seems since the BNP have stepped up their own campaign, we're getting the short straw too.
I was out in Salford this week (I think I've had all the rottweilers and pittbulls one girl can take) and I did have one elderly scotsman march out of his door bellowing "How dare you darken my door with your anti-racist filth!" as I closed his gate, clearly forgetting that he was Scottish.
Billy Bragg did show up and play us a short acoustic set to show his support and do an interview for the website which was lovely of him, and you can see that here if you're interested in seeing what we got up to:
http://bit.ly/iOIzp
We also got a call from the HNH bus that was up in Yorkshire this weekend, and a group of BNP members sent number of kids onto the bus with stink bombs, shouting abuse under the protection of said kids.
There's no excuse for voting BNP once you know the facts, but unfortunately, they're very good at targetting specific groups and disguising their major policies. For instance, there was a women up in Yorkshire this weekend who had joined the BNP based purely on the idea of British jobs for British workers, but after reading one of the HNH campaign leaflets, was alarmed and totally suprised to see that they were a racist and sexist organisation and immediately recinded her support.
If you visit the Hope Not Hate website, there's all kinds of information, including leaflets and posters, and a number of quotes from the BNP at their finest.
Take for instance "There is no such thing as rape, rape is just like force feeding a woman chocolate cake" or "AIDs is a good disease, because blacks, gays and drug users have it" not forgetting the reams around holocaust denial.
I live in the north west of England, and it will take only a 2% increase for the BNP to get an MEP in this area if the turn out doesn't increase based on last time, and that MEP will be Nick Griffin, party leader.
It's a frightening thought, so we need to get people aware and get people to the polls, otherwise they're going to gain money, legitimacy and power, and that we certainly don't need.

gadgetgirl

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 4:30pm Post subject: DON'T vote BNP. There is no excuse.
I'm with you 100% but I can't help but feel (hope!) you are preaching to the converted here. I don't really want to vote this time round but I will do my duty to ensure the BNP do NOT get in.

That would be me.

CollectorManiac

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 4:31pm Post subject: DON'T vote BNP. There is no excuse.
Well, though most people are against the BNP, not everybody is aware of how serious the threat is, and when so many are disillusioned with politics, there's a high chance of people just not voting at all, and that's how the likes of Griffin and his band of scumbags get in :S

Shyamz

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 4:55pm Post subject: DON'T vote BNP. There is no excuse.
There's an Anti-BNP Facebook group too (sadly links don't work unless you're signed in, but it's pretty easy to find).
I think the article monochromeprincess mentioned is on there to, (and you're right about UKIP as well).

How can any right-thinking person not be horrified at the thought of how awful it would look if we-a modern developed country-willingly vote a right-wing party like them into any level of power, will make us look to the world, never mind to the rest of the European Parliament?

Yet some of the people who intend to vote for them truly don't seem to care about this.

I remember a recent London local news item about them staging a photo opportunity at some meeting or other, with them in pig masks and suits, shoveling fake money out of troughs or something pretending to be MP's.

Is it not obvious to people what they're doing?

CollectorManiac

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 5:12pm Post subject: DON'T vote BNP. There is no excuse.
Yeah there are a few groups on facebook, some specific ones like students against the BNP, all pretty good at keeping things updated too
As a party, they are aggravatingly good at playing on people's fears, making them an excellent propaganda machine, the truth needs to get out there so that people can make a genuinely educated choice really

Maxx England

Posted Mon May 25th, 2009 5:36pm Post subject: DON'T vote BNP. There is no excuse.
There is actually an reason for voting BNP. Really - you revel in possessing a shameless bullying personality deficiency. And inadequate genitals.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

ShaylaMorris

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 7:59am Post subject: DON'T vote BNP. There is no excuse.
I found this on the Derren Brown blog site. I think this is the picture that the poster was looking for?

http://derrenbrownart.com/blog/?p=2264

Stoopiduk

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 11:30am Post subject: DON'T vote BNP. There is no excuse.
I cannot describe how great my desire for a Britain rid of the BNP really is, but I have to say, people go about these things the wrong way.
I despise these people and everything they stand for under their facade of tough speaking politicians, but I would fight with everything I have to ensure those people have the right to vote how they see fit. It's their view of our country and their view of the world that needs to be guided by education, not vandalism and abuse.
In my home town of Colchester there are many BNP billboards, most of which have been vandalised. This makes me sick. Cans of spray paint and tearing apart posters is not the way to bring down a political group. We should be informing the would-be BNP voters of the wrongs their party would inflict on our country and trying to prevent the spread of their message rather than giving them more reason to play the victim.
The BNP might well use dirty tricks and messages that prey on the innocent, but fighting fire with fire is not the right way to go about it. I rather think the BNP like very large fires.

Shyamz

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 1:20pm Post subject: DON'T vote BNP. There is no excuse.
Normally I would agree with stoopiduk's thoughts on people having the right to vote as they wish-that is their right-, but in the case of the BNP-where many of the people voting for them are doing so after been tricked into doing it-I would disagree.

(It does happen a lot. One of Tango's previous posts demonstrates that very well).

So there I'm afraid we part company.

Thanks Shayla, that is the link.

Pretty hideous isn't it? Just further cements my belief that even in a democracy where people have the right to vote as they wish, some are less worthy of votes than others, (and yes I'm aware of the Animal Farm similarities inherent in that statement...)

Stoopiduk

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 2:13pm Post subject: DON'T vote BNP. There is no excuse.
A fair point, but surely these misguided people are in need of enlightenment more than anything else. I know for a fact that if someone just kept shouting at me that I was wrong, It'd probably make me angry and dislike that other person and their view. If another point of view were explained to me rationally then I'd be far more likely to stop, listen and consider the other arguement.
Ranting that the BNP are evil pigs is all very well and good, but I doubt it actually does much good at all. BNP rhetoric is thrown in the face of Joe Public every day, so flinging back handfuls of mud and counter-slogans simply lowers the deabte to a playground level. Surely we can all take the adult stance on this one?
There must be a more constructive way of dealing with this problem than ranting on the net and creating Facebook groups. Perhaps dealing with the source of the malcontent and frustration these people have would be a start.
I'm all for education on this one, not forcing someones vote. If every member of the BNP knew what they actually stood for, I dare say many of them would move to another tribe. If they still believed that the BNP were the party for them, then very well.
That's the way democracy works, isn't it?

CollectorManiac

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 3:31pm Post subject: DON'T vote BNP. There is no excuse.
Much though I would like to just beat down each and every member of the BNP with my bare hands, campaigns like Hope Not Hate and Searchlight are a much better idea, they are peaceful and they give people the necessary information without stooping to the level of these scumbags.
If nothing else, it keeps the media on our side. Take for instance a few weeks ago, there was a stop the BNP protest near me, in Leigh. More militant BNP supporters turned up to chide the protesters, who to their credit stood their ground and didn't retalliate. However, an equally militant ANTI-BNP group then showed up and fought back, culminating in one BNP member being hit with a hammer. Naturally, the local press got wind of this and the BNP came off as being bullied, despite having 'started it' to talk like a 5 year old. Fighting fire with fire can only heighten the reputation of the party and give them more needless publicity. It's a much wiser bit imo to educate people and expose the party, rather than making them appear oppressed, thus lending whole new fuel to their 'white minority' bollocks argument.

Nitro

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 3:47pm Post subject: DON'T vote BNP. There is no excuse.
I don't know crap about ya'lls politics but will say this: whoever or however the government managed to get all those cameras up in public 'for your own security' or what the hell ever justification they used, and started making it a thousand times more difficult for non-criminals to purchase guns really blew it. Governments all twisted up sure do love an unarmed citizenry and spying on you willy nilly while you walk down the street to shop sure don't hurt either X-D

One of the best things I saw while in England was one of those cameras on the road that snaps pics of liscence plates, all mangled up and desecrated by some vandals. I think in NYC ( since we seem to be following suit with you guys on some things ) there's actually an organized group that periodically goes about spraying the lenses of 'security cameras'.

If the BNP is right-wing there with facist flavorings, it sounds like what's happened to our Republican party here. It was taken over in the 80's mostly by religious fundamentalists ( of the Christian variety ). I'd say NEVER vote for any party who purport a special relationship with any god. If they can, they'll make you serve him/her/it too X-D

Really? Wow.

Stoopiduk

Posted Tue May 26th, 2009 4:11pm Post subject: DON'T vote BNP. There is no excuse.
I'm not sure being armed to the teeth is really the answer to any of our nation's problems. I personally think tight gun laws are a fantastic thing in this country, and the whole world could benefit from a similar arrangement.
I respect what you're trying to say about it making us easier to rule, but I would not feel any more secure with a gun in my hand.