Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

springhorton

Posted Fri Mar 11th, 2011 10:16pm Post subject: Douglas Adams

Hi, I thought this would be an appropriate topic to post here. Today is Douglas Adams' birthday and since he was friends with Stephen and I sooo loved his work, I thought it would be good to acknowledge it. So Happy Birthday Douglas Adams!

Mandala

Inactive

Posted Mon Mar 21st, 2011 5:00am Post subject: Douglas Adams

Wildly late to this one. I was very confused when Douglas Adams died. We can all marvel that some of the best people in that generation all used to sit together at some pub like some Irish version of heaven. Or maybe that's how it all makes sense.

I became fast childhood friends once due to the recital of a few good Douglas Addams jokes. Douglas who? Silly me. Vital to find the other people with the really bizarre humor in your vicinity. The sooner the better. Now there are two. And we're just the ones on here...

springhorton

Posted Tue Mar 22nd, 2011 1:52am Post subject: Douglas Adams

Hello! There are actually quite a few here. I have found the best friends I've ever had here and amongst the twitter fluffettes. I have found people to collaberate with as I am also a writer like Douglas Adams. His work can make me feel ok when very little else will.

It is baffling that he had to go so young. I wonder what will become of his legacy and if any more of his books will be made in to movies. They deserve to be, the Dirk Gently ones too!

Mandala

Inactive

Posted Thu Apr 14th, 2011 12:04am Post subject: Douglas Adams

I should not be at all surprised there are writers wandering around lose on the SF forums. Good to hear! Good humor is in short supply, always. Douglas Adams jokes are effortlessly useful in any situation. DA vs. Spanish Armada - DA wins. I'll make a wild assumption this is also a magnet spot for Noel Coward. Personal reading suggestions?