Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Occy

Posted Tue Jan 15th, 2008 12:45am Post subject: DVD
Anyone know if there's any plans on releasing Kingdom on DVD - its the only way Ill get to see it

EstherLayton

Posted Tue Jan 15th, 2008 2:05am Post subject: DVD
Series 1 is on DVD and has been for a very long time. In fact, it was released on the day after the final episode was broadcast!

I think they will probably release the Series 2 DVD in the same way. It is, after all, a common practice with drama serials. They are sold as soon as the original broadcast is finished.

Fingers crossed for that - but maybe you could always download the episodes via bittorrent? Might be worth a try.

Est x

Occy

Posted Tue Jan 15th, 2008 10:21am Post subject: DVD
ok ebay here i come i guess

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Jan 15th, 2008 10:30am Post subject: DVD

I think they will probably release the Series 2 DVD in the same way. It is, after all, a common practice with drama serials. They are sold as soon as the original broadcast is finished.

Well the BBC do at any rate. ITV on the otherhand are very very hit and miss. For instance no vhs or dvd releases for Hunting Venus or All About George. Nothing, no repeats, gone, bye bye. ITV release the dramas that get the ratings, so stuff Bad Girls always get released. Kingdom series 1 being released so quickly is a good sign. I think if Kingdom was bought by other countries and has had good ratings so far series 2 should get a release.

Assuming direct control...

Fiona

Posted Thu Jan 17th, 2008 1:32pm Post subject: DVD
I've been waiting for the DVD of All About George for ages. Loved that show. Can't find it anywhere

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Jan 18th, 2008 5:08pm Post subject: DVD
Someone on the imdb board for it contacted ITV about it and they said they had no plans to release All About George or make a second series. :'(

Midsomerlover

Posted Mon Jan 21st, 2008 7:41pm Post subject: DVD
Anybody knows when Series Two will be released? Again just after broadcast or not?

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

bogandken

Posted Tue Feb 5th, 2008 6:03am Post subject: DVD
Unfortunately ITV have no plans to release Kingdom series 2 on DVD.

Fiona

Posted Tue Feb 5th, 2008 1:47pm Post subject: DVD
Maybe they're not planning it yet because the series still has so much to go

That makes me sad about All About George, really does.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Feb 5th, 2008 6:40pm Post subject: DVD
Unfortunately ITV have no plans to release Kingdom series 2 on DVD.

Where did you hear that? Did you contact them?

bogandken

Posted Tue Feb 5th, 2008 8:04pm Post subject: DVD
Hello! Yes I did send them an e-mail and they had no plans to release it. I am totally gutted!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Feb 5th, 2008 8:11pm Post subject: DVD
That sucks! I wonder why they're not bothering?

Oh I know. A petition. We should petition them like with the QI and Boffle dvds though they were BBC so would it work with ITV?

bogandken

Posted Tue Feb 5th, 2008 8:34pm Post subject: DVD
I'm right with you there!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Feb 5th, 2008 9:26pm Post subject: DVD
I have episode four ready for download. PM me and I'll send you a link.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

shatzi

Posted Tue Feb 5th, 2008 9:38pm Post subject: DVD
...Don't they know this program has many fans in the US and other countries? At least in Region 2 I can watch it on the computer. This is ridiculous, robbing people of even seeing it. Then networks wonder why people post shows on YouTube...