Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Johnag

Posted Thu Jan 29th, 2009 7:07pm Post subject: Ear Lobes...
Hi all,

After watching the Eyes and Ears show again the other night, I have been looking at peoples ears to see if they have hanging type lobes or no hanging lobes, I myself fall into the no hanging lobes group...

Most people I have seen in my area seem to also fall into the no hanging lobe group also, yet on the show they said the no hanging lobes where the minority...

Have they got this fact the right way around...??

John...

Lauren

Posted Fri Jan 30th, 2009 4:38am Post subject: Ear Lobes...
I guess it's all just genetics. Because the gene for "hanging" ear lobes is dominant, it would make sense for more people to have them.

Then again, blond hair and blue eyes are recessive genes, but in some parts of the world there are more people with them than there are brunettes with brown eyes.

So it just depends on where you live I suppose, and how the people around you have "evolved". =)

Follow me on Twitter! @Lauren1991

Queen Marge

Posted Fri Jan 30th, 2009 2:07pm Post subject: Ear Lobes...
Can people without hanging earlobes wear earrings?

Mandibles

Posted Fri Jan 30th, 2009 2:18pm Post subject: Ear Lobes...
Yep, the piercing process is exactly the same.

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

eatingfry

Posted Wed Apr 15th, 2009 11:48am Post subject: Ear Lobes...
ah, i remember doing this in biology two years ago. i, aswell as my mother and two brothers, have hanging earlobes, which is a dominant trait. my dad however has non hanging earlobes, this is the recesive trait.

we also did a survey throughout our bio class and most people had hanging earlobes, only about ten percent (three people) had non hanging. although sometimes recessive traits can oddly seem more common than dominant, such as blue eyes. apparently blue eyes are a recessive trait, yet so many people (in my biology class) have them in comparison to other colours.

Julia from Bristol

Posted Wed Apr 15th, 2009 12:54pm Post subject: Ear Lobes...
I saw a chap the other day who had 4 very heavy earrings in one lobe that had stretched it almost to his jaw line!

I have a cunning plan!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Apr 16th, 2009 2:49am Post subject: Ear Lobes...
I saw a chap the other day who had 4 very heavy earrings in one lobe that had stretched it almost to his jaw line!

That is just 'bizarre'. I have seen a few men and women that have HUGE holes in them as well.

Julia from Bristol

Posted Thu Apr 16th, 2009 10:15am Post subject: Ear Lobes...
Can anyone explain the idea behind those earrings that take up the whole of the ear lobe (about half an inch in diameter) I've seen members of African tribes with similar things but....?

I have a cunning plan!

mrjb3

Posted Fri May 1st, 2009 12:32pm Post subject: Ear Lobes...
HANGING > NOT HANGING.

I mean on ears.

Not on breasts.

Help

Posted Fri May 1st, 2009 2:55pm Post subject: Ear Lobes...
Can anyone explain the idea behind those earrings that take up the whole of the ear lobe (about half an inch in diameter) I've seen members of African tribes with similar things but....?
My boyfriend has stretched/gauged ear lobes.
You start with a noraml sized piercing which is 1.6mm and then you get a expander which tapers up to say 2.0mm and leave it for a bit and then increase and increase until you reach your desired size.
Or if you're really rock and roll you can get it scalpelled up to a bigger size much quicker.
Aslong as you don't stretch over 12.7mm then it should heal itself back up.
It's actually hugely popular and not at all uncommon, infact it's becoming very common atm. I'm surprised people on here seemed so shocked
He also has tattoos on his head-shocking
I know some people don't like them, he gets the occasional funny look and what have you, but that couldn't bother him in the slightest!

Anyways, I have hanging earlobes

PamJH

Posted Fri May 1st, 2009 3:10pm Post subject: Ear Lobes...
Looks like my earlobes are not hanging. Attached, maybe?

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat May 2nd, 2009 5:39am Post subject: Ear Lobes...
Mine are attached too.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat May 2nd, 2009 10:00am Post subject: Ear Lobes...
Do your ears hang low?
Do they wobble to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot?
Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them over your shoulder
like a continental soldier?
Do your ears hang low?

That would be me.

Julia from Bristol

Posted Sat May 2nd, 2009 10:44am Post subject: Ear Lobes...
Do your ears hang low?
Do they wobble to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot?
Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them over your shoulder
like a continental soldier?
Do your ears hang low?

I know that from somewhere but I don't remember it about earlobes! I'm remembering an artist like Lonnie Donnigan or someone like that & it was a song. I'll think about it during the day

I have a cunning plan!

mrjb3

Posted Thu May 7th, 2009 1:19pm Post subject: Ear Lobes...
lol i've never heard that before!

got a link for the song?!