Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

flookwit

Posted Sat May 17th, 2008 3:55pm Post subject: Eees and yippees!
For the last two weeks, 'Dork Talk' in the Guardian newspaper's mag. has had an end tag line that runs, "Stephen Fry will be back in July". I have quite enjoyed reading the various contributors that have stood in for him over the past few months. But it will be nice to see him back. I am wondering if he might do a kind of retrospective on some of the more fanciable gadgets he reviewed? For example, the Asus Eee PC.

I don't know if anyone else has one (and there is a new version, the 900 coming out / has come out? soon) and what they have thought of the Eee, but if 'Linux Format' (the magazine) is to be believed, Stephen Fry is quoted as saying, "..........I love my Eee and I will always remember it as a vanguard of What Was To Come...." [sic].
(The article is mainly about the Eee PC 701 and tweaking it, & the new 900, but it has a paragraph with handsomely serious Stephen picture for those who might be interested).

The article also looks at the percentage of Eee PC owners who have remained faithful to the original OS in the Eee, (A form of Linux) - most people have stuck with the Linux based OS, rather than install Windows as a lot of people were suggesting to do. So, maybe SF might talk Linux in one column??

(Personally, I would like to kick my Windows based PC into a ....... well, I leave it to your imagination).

My only gripe with my Eee, is that the battery life is comparatively short between charges. It would never last the journey from Haywards Heath to Victoria, say. I use the word comparatively only because I use my MacBook most of the time and so I am comparing Mac with Eee, which is really rather unfair of me, I suppose.

Anyone else been using an Eee?

So, yeah, where was I ?
I am looking forward to the return of a Dork Talk blog from Stephen on a regular basis: 'Yippee'.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat May 17th, 2008 10:28pm Post subject: Eees and yippees!
i had a strange dream about him writing another review-of-a-product-blog a few nights ago.

don't worry, i'm not psychic. unless he's going to write a review of custom built inflatable dolls.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat May 17th, 2008 11:15pm Post subject: Eees and yippees!
don't ask me why i dreamed that, i don't know.

flookwit

Posted Sun May 18th, 2008 5:35am Post subject: Eees and yippees!
unless he's going to write a review of custom built inflatable dolls.

Err Banjo, was your dream 'X- certificate' ?