Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

jordache

Posted Sat Dec 6th, 2008 9:34pm Post subject: Embarrassing moments
They are out there. Those embarrassing moments that make you wish the ground would open up and swallow you.
Red nose day, and not that long ago. ( Wear a red nose for a day, and raise money for the Comic relief charity.)
So the car that stopped, I think for directions, had two people in it one of who was wearing a small stained gauze bandage on his nose.
Quick as a flash I snorted out, "That is not a very good false nose for Red Nose day, its not even red"
To which the poor fellow replied, "I'm not wearing this for a joke, I have just had surgery for skin cancer."
I swear, I nearly died on the spot. My stuttered embarrassment was only compounded by my rapid running retreat.
So, lets be having you, spill the beans, what happened just before the earth swallowed you up?

Nitro

Posted Sat Dec 6th, 2008 9:42pm Post subject: Embarrassing moments
Oh Jordache, there are so many to choose from in my little life that the sum total of them all is an embarassment in itself X-D

One of my embarassments is that there is a consistent tendency to state the obvious, or worse, ask a question about something glaringly obvious to everyone else but myself. Not quite as boring as pointing to a clock and asking,"Oh, is that for telling the time?" but it's a simliar example enough to, hopefully, make my point about this tendency for my brain to completely stutter and drop the contents of that right out of my mouth and beyond my control X-D

Really? Wow.

IdeaCollector

Posted Sat Dec 6th, 2008 11:12pm Post subject: Embarrassing moments
now i'm on the spot i can't think of one for me....but i can think of a horrible one that happened to my friend.

he plays in a family friendly musical group that does kinda silly songs at youth conventions and what not and one day while signing autographs he met a man who was holding his baby daughter.

she was a rather big baby so my friend smiled at her and asked the father her age.

"7 months" came the reply.

"My god, she's such a big girl. (to clarify length as well...not fat) she almost looks like she's two" said my friend.

"Well she was 13 lbs when she was born" said her father.

"My gosh!! That must have killed your wife!" exclaimed my shocked friend.

The reply came back..."It did".

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Katrina

Posted Sun Dec 7th, 2008 4:35am Post subject: Embarrassing moments

"My gosh!! That must have killed your wife!" exclaimed my shocked friend.

The reply came back..."It did".

WOW! I really can't think of anything more awkward! I don't have anything that bad, because I tend not to get too embarrassed. I did walk into the men's bathroom a couple weeks ago, so that was kind of weird. A bunch of guys looked at me and I was just like, "oops!" But the good thing is that there are 50,000 people here and I'll probably never see those guys again! :-//

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

jordache

Posted Sun Dec 7th, 2008 1:52pm Post subject: Embarrassing moments
How delightfully cringing. I heard that to experience life fully, one needs to add liberal portions of risk. I think also an unpredicted drizzle of embarrassment too. Reminds me of a visit to Norway a lifetime ago, I went out skiing, being a novice at the sport but convinced that I had mastered the skill to expert level, I left the main group and took off on my own, with the particular aim of finding a suitable place to answer the call of nature. Being in a very lonely and beautiful place of hills and pine forest I found a suitable vantage point, removed my ski planks, dropped my clothing to let nature take its necessary course, while I enjoyed the view, the solitude and the calm silence that comes with blankets of deep virgin snow. Except, that in nonreversible steaming mid flow, a car load of sightseers drove slowly by. I shall take to the grave their facial expressions that ranged from delight to abject horror. :-//