Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Fri Jan 14th, 2011 3:19am Post subject: Encryption

Do you use encryption software and if so, what product do you use? Do you only encrypt files or do you encrypt your entire hard drive?

BTW, if you're not familiar with it there's a cool little email program called 'Hushmail'. ( i think it's like..just hushmail.com ). There are two catches: 1) you MUST sign in to this once every 3 weeks and 2) I believe the person you're emailing either has to use hushmail or some type of encryption code that hushmail recognizes ). Just thought I'd mention

Um, if you're not familiar with how this works it's basically just your email is 'scrambled' ( the words ). The person you Send To cannot read this unless they can answer your hint question correctly. It's also A LOT easier than this horrible explanation of mine might make it out to be

Really? Wow.

KrossX

Posted Sat Feb 19th, 2011 4:20pm Post subject: Encryption

I used TrueCrypt for a time, to create a virtual disk with my work and data I thought important. But then I realized I didn't need to be so paranoid and it all ended up as an encrypted 7zip file on my pendrive with just backups in it. Encrypted just in the case of losing the drive somewhere, which has happend... several times.

Nitro

Posted Sat Feb 19th, 2011 9:04pm Post subject: Encryption

Your story reminds me of one of many, many dumb things I've done with computers I've had.

One lesson I can't seem to stop learning: At least one in every ten drinks placed near my key board will topple over and spill on it.

Really? Wow.

AlanNotHim

Posted Sun Mar 6th, 2011 9:31pm Post subject: Encryption

I use Linux and encryption of drives is part of the distro. (Fedora) For mail I use Gnu Privacy Guard. SSH for connecting to servers.

Hushmail has had breeches. Someone was using it for selling Human Growth Hormone and they lets the feds crack his e-mail.

\"Life is not all champaign. Sometimes it is real pain.\"

Nitro

Posted Mon Mar 7th, 2011 2:31am Post subject: Encryption

Yeah, I should've tried to sell donkeys instead

Really? Wow.