Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 7:22am Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
I can't possibly imagine I'm the only one on the forums who has a movie or movies they love so much they often find themselves starting it from the beginning almost the moment the credits finish rolling by. Or, alternatively, I am sure there are some people out there who may watch the same film multiple times in a week. What are those movies for you?

I admit I have a deep, deep fondness for those sorts of romantic comedies that never quite made a splash. Two films I often find myself watching repeatedly are You've Got Mail and Must Love Dogs neither of which will ever go down as hallmarks in cinema history but both of which never fail to make me smile. Other oft-repeated-viewing films for me are the live action 101 Dalmatians (sometimes you just need puppies and Glenn Close in a simply mad black and white wig!), Big Trouble, and a favourite from childhood - I was quite possibly the only third grader to rent it on a weekly basis - Noises Off!

Come along people, what films can you just not stop watching?

Shyamz

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 2:47pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
The Virgin Suicides...hardly like me to pick something so seemingly sappy and girly - and I'm hardly a Sophia Coppolla fan either- but I did love it.
Even though I still cry like a fool at the record playing bit. (I admit I'm an idiot :-// )

I went through a period of watching BASEketball over and over again, but it is brilliant.
It's got Matt Stone and Trey Parker (the South Park guys) in it, and was made by the blokes who did Airplane. In my oppinion it started the trend for comedy sport movies, and is still the best one. (and they're pretty good comedy actors too).

Oldboy, because I was so amazingly impressed by it, and Kikujiro (a Takeshi Kitano film), as it's so sad, and shows that he isn't just a top gore - merchant.

Pricilla, Queen Of The Desert, all of the Prince movies, and I would probably watch Devdas a lot more, but it's a bit long and there isn't enough time in the day really.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 7:42pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
There are a few films that come to mind like Labyrinth, The Cat's Meow, Velvet Goldmine, Withnail and I, Wilde, Chicago, Return To Oz. I'm sure there are more. There aren't many films that no matter how much I like I can watch again and again in the same week or day but these ones are some of them.

Assuming direct control...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 9:05pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
There are a few films that come to mind like Labyrinth, The Cat's Meow, Velvet Goldmine, Withnail and I, Wilde, Chicago, Return To Oz. I'm sure there are more. There aren't many films that no matter how much I like I can watch again and again in the same week or day but these ones are some of them.

I've never heard of Withnail and I, what is it about?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 9:19pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
It's set in the late 60s. It's about these two out of work actors living together in a filthy flat who decide to go on holiday to the countryside. To sum up the plot like that it doesn't sound like much but it is. It's lots of incidents that happen to Withnail (Richard E. Grant) and Marwood (Paul McGann) (well that's possibly his name, it's never really exactly given and he's one of the main characters!). They're hopeless in the countryside, freak out and get freaked out by the locals, Withnail get's drunk throughout the film, Marwood tries to avoid Uncle Monty's (Richard Griffiths) attention and junkies are bumming in their flat when they return home. It's hard to describe.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 9:21pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
It's set in the late 60s. It's about these two out of work actors living together in a filthy flat who decide to go on holiday to the countryside. To sum up the plot like that it doesn't sound like much but it is. It's lots of incidents that happen to Withnail (Richard E. Grant) and Marwood (Paul McGann) (well that's possibly his name, it's never really exactly given and he's one of the main characters!). They're hopeless in the countryside, freak out and get freaked out by the locals, Withnail get's drunk throughout the film, Marwood tries to avoid Uncle Monty's (Richard Griffiths) attention and junkies are bumming in their flat when they return home. It's hard to describe.

It sounds interesting!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 9:25pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
It is! The soundtrack is awesome too. It's mostly Jimi Hendrix and the closing music is wonderful I'd love to get a copy of it.

Here's a a fansite. There are quotes and the drinking game on there.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 9:52pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
Ta for the link!

Ernest Worthing

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 11:08pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
I don't really have any films on DVD. I often watch full series' of Peep Show every day, though...I love it so much.

whatonearth

Posted Sun Feb 10th, 2008 11:12pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
Aw Withnail and I! I was just talking about that with someone else today and thinking how much I want to watch it again. The ending is very touching.

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Feb 11th, 2008 1:56am Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
'The Last Of The Mohicans"
and
"The Nightmare Before Christmas"
and
"Silverado"
and a bunch more...

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Feb 11th, 2008 1:59am Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
and
and
"Silverado"

I am probably the only person in America (or formerly in America, I suppose) who hasn't see The Last of the Mohicans !

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Feb 11th, 2008 2:15am Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
and
and
"Silverado"

I am probably the only person in America (or formerly in America, I suppose) who hasn't see The Last of the Mohicans !

That's just wrong!

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Feb 11th, 2008 2:23am Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
and
and
"Silverado"

That's just wrong!

I know! They're so going to take my passport next time I go over the border! Want to know something worse? I always confuse it with Legends of the Fall, which I also haven't seen. XP

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Feb 11th, 2008 3:28pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
and
and
"Silverado"
and a bunch more...

Nightmare Before Christmas! There's another one I could watch again and again. Oh and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. ^_^