Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 3:10am Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!

Nightmare Before Christmas! There's another one I could watch again and again.

This is Halloween,this is Halloween
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night.......

I know all the words

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Panja

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 3:56am Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
There aren't too many movies that I could watch through and then immediately watch through again. When I first rented V for Vendetta though, I think I watched it 5 times in 3 days or something like that. I'd like to say that it was for Stephen Fry, but I confess I didn't know who he was at the time, I just think it's an amazing movie and I'm a huge fan of dystopian films.

The only others I can think of right now that I've watched and then watched immediately again are Dirty Dancing and While You Were Sleeping. Terribly girly of me I'm afraid, but there it is. They are both really great movies and I just saw Dirty Dancing on stage and it was wonderful!!

End of unnecessarily long post.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 10:37am Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
V For Vendetta is another good one I could watch again and again.

Nightmare Before Christmas! There's another one I could watch again and again.

This is Halloween,this is Halloween
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night.......

I know all the words

Heh I still have my NBC pencil with a Barrel figure on the end from when the film first came out.

Assuming direct control...

Shyamz

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 3:04pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
It's set in the late 60s. It's about these two out of work actors living together in a filthy flat who decide to go on holiday to the countryside. To sum up the plot like that it doesn't sound like much but it is. It's lots of incidents that happen to Withnail (Richard E. Grant) and Marwood (Paul McGann) (well that's possibly his name, it's never really exactly given and he's one of the main characters!). They're hopeless in the countryside, freak out and get freaked out by the locals, Withnail get's drunk throughout the film, Marwood tries to avoid Uncle Monty's (Richard Griffiths) attention and junkies are bumming in their flat when they return home. It's hard to describe.

It sounds interesting!

Another one of my favorites, and one of the most quoted films ever, you've got to see it, it's brilliant, and Richard E. Grant is always worth watching.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Feb 12th, 2008 3:50pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
It's set in the late 60s. It's about these two out of work actors living together in a filthy flat who decide to go on holiday to the countryside. To sum up the plot like that it doesn't sound like much but it is. It's lots of incidents that happen to Withnail (Richard E. Grant) and Marwood (Paul McGann) (well that's possibly his name, it's never really exactly given and he's one of the main characters!). They're hopeless in the countryside, freak out and get freaked out by the locals, Withnail get's drunk throughout the film, Marwood tries to avoid Uncle Monty's (Richard Griffiths) attention and junkies are bumming in their flat when they return home. It's hard to describe.

It sounds interesting!

Another one of my favorites, and one of the most quoted films ever, you've got to see it, it's brilliant, and Richard E. Grant is always worth watching.

...and Paul McGann too!!

Maren

Posted Wed Feb 13th, 2008 2:54pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
my most watched film is "Still crazy".
I don't use the word "love" so often - but I love it! I love it! I love it!!!

Soupy Twist

Posted Wed Feb 13th, 2008 4:12pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
among aothers:
Pride & Prejudice with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth
Gosford Park

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 11:53pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
Raiders Of The Lost Ark

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 11:58pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Sent this to you on Facebook already, but here's the trailer for the new Indiana Jones!

Nele

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 5:21am Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
Wow, your lists are shourt mine goes:

Sense and Sensebility (Alan Rickman is BRILIANT in it, the scene were he says that he wishes Marianne all imaginable happyness and Willoughby that he may endeavour to deserve her... Goosebumps! Sometimes I just play and rewind this bit for hours... pathetic...)
Of course I have to agree with Pride and Prejudice (Firth, Ehle) adaptation being marvellous
Peter's Friends... all my favourite actors and Stephen is simply amazing
Wilde (my first Fry experience, watched it, because I love Oscar Wilde came out and well, for me, a star was born)
Secretary ( James Spader is adorable, a film that truly teaches tolerance and respect)
Mary Poppins (Julie Andrews is the epitaph of Englishness, a truly classy broad)
Duet for one (Julie Andrews again, this time swearing, abusing, puking, commiting suicide, good stuff)
Relative Values (Stephen + Julie Andrews = Heaven)
Unconditonal Love (Never Forget, Never Regret, the gift from above, unconditional love.... If you live in America than go and buy it, I promise, you won't regret it)
Kill Bill (Art, other people go to a museum I just watch the crazy 88 being slaughtered)

And that's just those movies I could watch ten times every day but believe me there is more... Yes, I am slightly addicted

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 4:24pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Sent this to you on Facebook already, but here's the trailer for the new Indiana Jones!

Yippee-i-o-ki-yay!!!

Walt Whitman

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 6:35pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!

I haven't seen that film in years! I must track it down sometime and watch it again.

Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Ahh!!! MUST GO SEE! I have been waiting for this new one for ever ever! I love the Indiana Jones films I could watch those over and over and over. The same with The Mummy films, I really like them too. ^_^

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 8:04pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!

I haven't seen that film in years! I must track it down sometime and watch it again.

Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Ahh!!! MUST GO SEE! I have been waiting for this new one for ever ever! I love the Indiana Jones films I could watch those over and over and over. The same with The Mummy films, I really like them too. ^_^

Whoa, check out this cast

"On May 22, Indiana Jones is back in a new globe-trotting adventure, "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull." Directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Harrison Ford as Indy, "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" features an outstanding cast, including Oscar® winner Cate Blanchett, Karen Allen, Ray Winstone, John Hurt, Oscar® winner Jim Broadbent and Shia LaBeouf. Frank Marshall is the film’s producer. George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy are the executive producers. The screenplay is by David Koepp from a story by George Lucas and Jeff Nathanson."

I have all of the Indiana Jones and both Mummy movies on dvd!

Walt Whitman

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 8:09pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!

Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Whoa, check out this cast

"On May 22, Indiana Jones is back in a new globe-trotting adventure, "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull." Directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Harrison Ford as Indy, "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" features an outstanding cast, including Oscar® winner Cate Blanchett, Karen Allen, Ray Winstone, John Hurt, Oscar® winner Jim Broadbent and Shia LaBeouf. Frank Marshall is the film’s producer. George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy are the executive producers. The screenplay is by David Koepp from a story by George Lucas and Jeff Nathanson."

Now that's a cast that's made my eyes pop! So many cool people I only knew about Cate Blanchett not the others!

I have all of the Indiana Jones and both Mummy movies on dvd!

I have the IJ boxset on vhs and The Mummy ultimate collection on dvd but not The Scorpian King. Do you have that one? What did you think of it? I wouldn't mind watching it again. It wasn't brilliant but I didn't think it was rubbish either.

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 9:25pm Post subject: End, Rewind, Watch Again!
I have the IJ boxset on vhs and The Mummy ultimate collection on dvd but not The Scorpian King. Do you have that one? What did you think of it? I wouldn't mind watching it again. It wasn't brilliant but I didn't think it was rubbish either.

I don't have The Scorpion King on dvd, it was o.k., but not something I'd go out of my way to get. I have all of the "Pirate's Of The Caribbean" dvd's too. Hmm, I realize there's an obvious pattern here, I just want everyone to know that I watch a lot of other film genres as well! X-D

Walt Whitman