Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amberzak

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 11:10am Post subject: endangered species project poll
Right, so this is the poll to decide which cause we are going to go for.
I have added a couple of extra options, which I gained from the website of Mark Carwardine

Here are the websites for each poll option in turn.

Born Free
http://www.bornfree.co.uk/

David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation
http://www.davidshepherd.org/index2.shtml

Wild Aid (If nothing else, this one lists celebrities who are against animal poaching)
http://www.wildaid.org/index.asp?CID=1

Traffic.Org
http://www.traffic.org/contact/

WWF Extraordinary Gifts
https://secure.worldwildlife.org/ogc/ogc_egHome.cfm

Save the Gorillas
http://www.gorillas.org/Home

Save the Rhino
http://www.savetherhino.org/etargetsrinm/site/1/default.aspx

Something else (Please suggest)

This is your chance to have your say, so please vote. Please take a look at the websites too, as that will help make an informed decision.

You only have 10 days to vote.

Yours

AmberZak and WoodenElf.

wooden_elf

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 11:19am Post subject: endangered species project poll
This is too difficult to choose on a whim. Will think about it thoroughly.

Thank you for posting this poll Rebekah!

wooden_elf

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 11:21am Post subject: endangered species project poll
Wouldn't it be great though if we could give one of those amazing pictures to Stephen???

gadgetgirl

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 11:22am Post subject: endangered species project poll
I'm going to need to think about this too. I'm tempted to think it shouldn't be just for one species but then I love Rhinos!

That would be me.

wooden_elf

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 11:31am Post subject: endangered species project poll
I know this isn't the poll's purpose but I was thinking of having one goal/purpose/charity and then buy one of David Shepherd's paintings. We can give it to Stephen and hopefully spread the word.

Sorry if it's a stupid idea, it was just a thought.

hiffybaby

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 11:34am Post subject: endangered species project poll
I know this isn't the poll's purpose but I was thinking of having one goal/purpose/charity and then buy one of David Shepherd's paintings. We can give it to Stephen and hopefully spread the word.

I love this idea.

wooden_elf

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 11:35am Post subject: endangered species project poll

I love this idea.

Thank you.

What I think of it is that it's do-able.

amberzak

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 11:43am Post subject: endangered species project poll

I am not voting yet anyway. This is a hard choice, and we cannot rush into it - hense why we have 10 days.

wooden_elf

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 11:45am Post subject: endangered species project poll

I am not voting yet anyway. This is a hard choice, and we cannot rush into it - hense why we have 10 days.

It's great that we have ten days' to deside.

I can't wait to get started and I am so looking forward to this. *makes happy dance*

Puppaz

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 2:53pm Post subject: endangered species project poll
Maybe we should ask for the mods to make a separate sub-forum for these topics, I am obviously still for supporting this in any way I can, the only reason I say this is that there is the original taking action thread, a summary of that thread, another one with a poll, and another one on the same general subject.
I am not against this, as its obviously a very good cause, it just may seem to drown out other topics that fluffettes may be wanting to talk about, especially the shy, newer fluffettes that may be nervous about joining in anyway.

Just an idea, feel free to ignore me

taluta

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 3:07pm Post subject: endangered species project poll

I love this idea.

Thank you.

What I think of it is that it's do-able.

Hey hun,
Just a thought on this and please do not take offense, it is most definitely not intended as such. Your idea is not stupid, it is kind and thoughtful.

My thoughts are:
Stephen doesn't need anything and while this may be a kind gesture and monies for said item would be put towards a good purpose. I fail to see how it may help to get word out about what we are doing?! Please feel free to slap me about the face if I am being an idiot i.t.r.

Surely, our individual efforts being used collectively for a good and common goal or purpose, possibly for a charity that he may even recommend or support, would be a far more intimate and generous gesture than a painting, a print no less, not an original.

PLEASE please do not be offended by this, I REALLY do not wish to offend anyone, it is just my view and you may feel free to slam this too if necessary. *hugs and rushes for cover in case of any flying objects*

'Tell them I came, and no one answered,
That I kept my word,' he said.
Ay, they heard his foot upon the stirrup,
And the sound of iron on stone,
And how the silence surged softly backward,
When the plunging hoofs were gone.

The Listeners
by Walter De La Mare

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 3:15pm Post subject: endangered species project poll
I agree with taluta and puppaz, think these threads need to be organised a bit more *wishes andrew sampson wud reply n make new forum* n i think the Stephen Fry will be touched jus by the fact that we have all been so moved by his films that we feel the need to do something ourselves.

This is a very hard choice n it is a shame that we can't choose them all. Will have to think about it for a few days.

Soph

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 3:26pm Post subject: endangered species project poll
Tough decision. I'm entirely behind on whichever charity we decide to contribute to. I've been reading through the previous threads and I'm pleased this issue has been raised, it's one I've always been in support of. I've given to the WWF before, they're a good charity. But, I really can't choose right now. Just wanted to say im in support with all of this, 'cause it is worth it. : ]

Photobucket

Alicef71

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 4:03pm Post subject: endangered species project poll
How will this be organised when a decision has been made? On another forum I belong to, one of the admins has set up a Just Giving Page and we can donate as and when and leave a message.

amberzak

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 6:29pm Post subject: endangered species project poll
Maybe we should ask for the mods to make a separate sub-forum for these topics, I am obviously still for supporting this in any way I can, the only reason I say this is that there is the original taking action thread, a summary of that thread, another one with a poll, and another one on the same general subject.
I am not against this, as its obviously a very good cause, it just may seem to drown out other topics that fluffettes may be wanting to talk about, especially the shy, newer fluffettes that may be nervous about joining in anyway.

Just an idea, feel free to ignore me

I have already asked for this. Waiting to hear from Sampson