Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

RobertBruce

Posted Mon Nov 17th, 2008 8:36pm Post subject: Endangered Species thread summary
I have not finished reading all the posts in this thread but thought I'd let you know that despite what people we all engage with might say about not having any regrets in life, I think you need to know that I do.

In fact I have more than a few. Regrets I carry with me include and relate to:

#2. the beautiful women I have hurt since I first started dating by putting rowing and rugby and cricket and squash and hiking and golf and music and mates and pubs and clubs and other ladies ahead of their needs

#4. ex bosses I never thumped in the gob for being complete tossers

#3. not pouring a bottle of sticky Liptons Peach flavoured Iced Tea over a mother screaming at her child in the supermarket aisles of either Tesco, Morrisons or Sainsbury

But by far the biggest failure and thus the worst regret I have to date is:

#1. Not becoming a Game Park Ranger so that I could make a realtime difference to the animals and their wellbeing.

taluta

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 12:59pm Post subject: Endangered Species thread summary
I have not finished reading all the posts in this thread but thought I'd let you know that despite what people we all engage with might say about not having any regrets in life, I think you need to know that I do.

In fact I have more than a few. Regrets I carry with me include and relate to:

#2. the beautiful women I have hurt since I first started dating by putting rowing and rugby and cricket and squash and hiking and golf and music and mates and pubs and clubs and other ladies ahead of their needs

#4. ex bosses I never thumped in the gob for being complete tossers

#3. not pouring a bottle of sticky Liptons Peach flavoured Iced Tea over a mother screaming at her child in the supermarket aisles of either Tesco, Morrisons or Sainsbury

But by far the biggest failure and thus the worst regret I have to date is:

#1. Not becoming a Game Park Ranger so that I could make a realtime difference to the animals and their wellbeing.

All points considered. I shall refrain from listing mine!
What is the deal with Johnny Clegg? LOL - have to ask because I have been a fan of his since the 80's.

'Tell them I came, and no one answered,
That I kept my word,' he said.
Ay, they heard his foot upon the stirrup,
And the sound of iron on stone,
And how the silence surged softly backward,
When the plunging hoofs were gone.

The Listeners
by Walter De La Mare

RobertBruce

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 6:08pm Post subject: Endangered Species thread summary
Hey!

I have been a fan also since the '80's. I got hooked on the early sound Sipho taught him and which he then blended with western rock. And the Jaluka years were great too. Then the Savuka years too..

I go to see him whenever he plays Hammersmith Odean.

taluta

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 6:20pm Post subject: Endangered Species thread summary
Hey!

I have been a fan also since the '80's. I got hooked on the early sound Sipho taught him and which he then blended with western rock. And the Jaluka years were great too. Then the Savuka years too..

I go to see him whenever he plays Hammersmith Odean.

Take me with you the next time... PLEASE *batting eyelashes shamelessly* LOL!

He is great, his music represents his passion in the best possible way. He is a great guy too, modest, decent! Believe his son is about to release, or has, his first album, would be curious to hear his music. One of my all time faves of Johnny's is Impi, gives me gooseflesh each time... and then I just go moggy and sing along! :-//

The Listeners
by Walter De La Mare

taluta

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 6:25pm Post subject: Endangered Species thread summary
:-// Sorry everyone... I think we may have veered a bit off topic here in the last couple of comments...

Back to business... CONSERVATION.... so.. where were we then?

The Listeners
by Walter De La Mare

RobertBruce

Posted Tue Nov 18th, 2008 6:49pm Post subject: Endangered Species thread summary
:.... so.. where were we then?

We were about to launch an investigation into the impact motor assembly detritus has on the gestation period of the Uitenhage Swamp Lizard. But I think that will be resolved when we learn if Master Clegg Jr is a chip off the old man's block!!

The Oracle

Posted Fri Jan 16th, 2009 11:22pm Post subject: Endangered Species thread summary
I belong to IFAW

taluta

Posted Fri Jan 30th, 2009 4:39pm Post subject: Endangered Species thread summary
Hi everyone, is it just me or has interest in this tapered off - or am I looking at the wrong thread?

We really need to get something concrete underway in the way of contributions if we seriously wish to do this thing.

Just my opinion. Let me know if I have missed a whole event and am way behind because then I wants teh know!!!

The Listeners
by Walter De La Mare