Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

sars

Posted Sat Oct 18th, 2008 5:36pm Post subject: Episode 1: Packing
Perhaps Jeeves would have remembered to put in socks, underwear and some shoes? And some other toileteries.
And what happened to the bag with all the cables etc, which he mentioned in this morning's Guardian column. What a shame to get him back, after his injury, only to lose him again for a few months.

_jayne_

Posted Sat Oct 18th, 2008 5:48pm Post subject: Episode 1: Packing
Personally if I was packing to go somewhere like that I'd put it in a back pack which leads me to believe he won't be doing much trekking. Sort of place to place by car or something?

Correct me if I'm wrong by all means. I just see suticases as a more urban way of holding clothes.

einar

Posted Sat Oct 18th, 2008 7:10pm Post subject: Episode 1: Packing
I would suggest that the speed of the packing and the smallness of the amount of luggage is caused by the experience of traveling of Mr. Fry.

I have noticed myself that after I started traveling more around because of my work, my bad and lenghty packing has been reduced to a not that bad and quite moderately sped packing. I would suppose Mr. Fry, with his years of globetrotting, would have perfectioned his packing to such a degree that he now only takes with him the things his experience has thaught him invaluable, and has increased the spead with wich he can ascertain wich items belongs to the aforementioned category on a year by year basis since his days as a disciple at universities situated at some distance from his parental home.

(As the blog reviels, he packed some electronical gadgets not seen in the video, so there might have been a slight repack occuring after the making of his videogram.)

M-y-s-t-e-r-y

Posted Sun Oct 19th, 2008 9:22pm Post subject: Episode 1: Packing
I never know what to pack! I thought the video was really cute and quirky. Wish i could speedpack that fast too...

Sidthespid

Posted Mon Oct 20th, 2008 5:42pm Post subject: Episode 1: Packing
I was less focused on the contents of the suitcase and more interested in the decor. Loving the wood behind the bed!

Jikan

Posted Tue Oct 21st, 2008 8:39pm Post subject: Episode 1: Packing
I noticed he didnt pack anything to wear with the black tie for dinner in the evenings. Hmmmmmm, do they only wear a tie at dinner there then...or is this going to be a very interesting meal lol.

wooden_elf

Posted Tue Oct 21st, 2008 8:41pm Post subject: Episode 1: Packing
I noticed he didnt pack anything to wear with the black tie for dinner in the evenings. Hmmmmmm, do they only wear a tie at dinner there then...or is this going to be a very interesting meal lol.

Gosh, I didn't think of that. lol

That would be a very distracting dinner!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Oct 21st, 2008 11:47pm Post subject: Episode 1: Packing

Gosh, I didn't think of that. lol

That would be a very distracting dinner!

It would indeed. :blush:

Assuming direct control...

Jikan

Posted Wed Oct 22nd, 2008 12:09am Post subject: Episode 1: Packing
Just imagine when he is in dire need of 2 squirts of insect repellant just after the can runs out........

"Bother, if only I hadnt sprayed the can those 2 times in the packing video!"

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Oct 22nd, 2008 1:35am Post subject: Episode 1: Packing
Naughty naughty you guys XD

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Selma

Posted Wed Oct 22nd, 2008 2:47am Post subject: Episode 1: Packing
Jeeves would indeed have approved of the tie but I'm not so sure about the hat.

I would be interested, in fact, to see the Jeeves-packed version of that suitcase. Safari suit? Flannels? Is the panama hat permissible in the tropics?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Oct 22nd, 2008 2:05pm Post subject: Episode 1: Packing
Jeeves would indeed have approved of the tie but I'm not so sure about the hat.

I would be interested, in fact, to see the Jeeves-packed version of that suitcase. Safari suit? Flannels? Is the panama hat permissible in the tropics?

I always imagined that if Bertie and Jeeves went on safari Bertie would go full hog and wear the hat and suit much to Jeeves' chagrin. Meanwhile Jeeves would wear his usual valet gear and be perfectly cool and crisp even when everyone else is melting and sweating away in the tropical heat. X-D

wooden_elf

Posted Wed Oct 22nd, 2008 2:18pm Post subject: Episode 1: Packing
I always imagined that if Bertie and Jeeves went on safari Bertie would go full hog and wear the hat and suit much to Jeeves' chagrin. Meanwhile Jeeves would wear his usual valet gear and be perfectly cool and crisp even when everyone else is melting and sweating away in the tropical heat. X-D

X-D Omg, yes!!! And I know Bertie would be so excited!! *squee*

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Oct 22nd, 2008 2:41pm Post subject: Episode 1: Packing

He would! Bertie would love it, he'd have a big machete as well.

wooden_elf

Posted Wed Oct 22nd, 2008 2:42pm Post subject: Episode 1: Packing

He would! Bertie would love it, he'd have a big machete as well.

He'd be like a child in a candy shop!!! :D