Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

stephenfryagain

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 5:14pm Post subject: Episode 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN5VHDje6b4

gadgetgirl

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 5:37pm Post subject: Episode 2
"we know where that thermometer has been". Poor rhino!

That would be me.

AHisme

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 5:41pm Post subject: Episode 2

I was thinking the same. LOL

I don't get why they would take the ear notch out. I didn't get it before but now that I have understood what it is it's even more confusing.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 5:42pm Post subject: Episode 2
Aww rhino. It's impressive how all those people work together so well as a team and get in there so fast to help the rhino and are helping sort out it's little wounds. I've always wanted to see a rhino but I imagine they'd be quite intimdating to get up close to, they're built like tanks! O_O

Assuming direct control...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 6:19pm Post subject: Episode 2

I was thinking the same. LOL

I don't get why they would take the ear notch out. I didn't get it before but now that I have understood what it is it's even more confusing.

I don't understand that either but was amazed at how many people it takes to help one rhino. Think they're all remarkable people!

wooden_elf

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 6:45pm Post subject: Episode 2
They are doing an amazing job the rangers and guards. It can't be easy fighting against the poachers who seem to have every advantage.

wooden_elf

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 7:21pm Post subject: Episode 2
OMG!

I just watched the video on this site and it makes me want to scream. It wants me want to see someone get punished!! How DARE they do this!!??! I knew this was going on but seeing the tusks and horns makes me cringe with disgust and fury.

fryfan20

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 7:23pm Post subject: Episode 2
that's quite a lot of work moving a rhino
good that they didn't have to lift him in the box, that would be a hernia waiting to happen

I am what I am

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 9:25pm Post subject: Episode 2
And I thought I was having a bad day! At least I haven't been drugged, dragged, probed, and pierced. There's still the commute home, though.

Super duper kudos to Stephen et al for protecting all these marvelous creatures.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

monochromeprincess

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 9:30pm Post subject: Episode 2
Is this video actually on stephenfry.com ? Because I couldn't see it when I looked. Hmmm....?

Some cool footage though - got some images now to put to the twitter descriptions, which is great

@dreamingshadow

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Oct 24th, 2008 5:13am Post subject: Episode 2
I think the wrong one has ended up on youtube when i read the description of what it was supposed to be. Looks like he was shooting for the one that's on the site and missed.

Still a most excellent look at conservation

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Soupy Twist

Posted Fri Oct 24th, 2008 8:58am Post subject: Episode 2
Indeed, there seems to be a mix-up. This way we got treated to two interesting videos. Poor rhino

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Oct 24th, 2008 9:07am Post subject: Episode 2
Yeah there's two different videos. There's one that's been posted on here which has a table covered in rhino horns and the one on his Dork talk channel on youtube which is a video of a rhino being sedated and transported.

Assuming direct control...

Soph

Posted Fri Oct 24th, 2008 4:28pm Post subject: Episode 2
I didn't quite fully understand what was said on twitter, but this video really helped and explains it well. It's good of Stephen to all these videos, pictures and so on - it's helping raise awareness all the time.

Photobucket