Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 10:21am Post subject: Episode 2 - BORED OF THE DANCE
Stephen's new podgram is up!! This one is available in text form in the Blessay section as well so you can read or listen to it. I've just downloaded it now and playing it on my iPod and the first picture up of him in the podgram is really cute. ^_^ (Sorry I had to say it his cheeks look all flushed and his smile is so sweet). This podgram looks like it's mostly going to be about his problem with dancing.

Assuming direct control...

Midsomerlover

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 10:38am Post subject: Episode 2 - BORED OF THE DANCE
I'm listening to it right now!!!

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 11:13am Post subject: Episode 2 - BORED OF THE DANCE
I used to feel the same as Stephen Fry when it comes to dancing. It used to fill me with as much horror as PE and swimming lessons at school did. :'( Then when I was older and started going to goth nights with my friends I was always the one left at the sides while everyone else went off dancing. I eventually got tired of being left on my own feeling miserable so I started to join in. Overtime I stopped feeling quite so self-conscious about it and actually started to enjoy myself. I couldn’t go dance in a mainstream trendy club though, I just don’t feel like I can relax in those places and feel terribly uncomfortable like I’m on display at a meat market or something.

Still, there are some songs, some kinds of music I cannot dance to. No matter how much I enjoy listening to them I can’t dance to them. Some people don’t understand what I mean by that. *sigh* Sometimes music is best when you just listen to it in private and get lost in it, sinking further and further in and exploring the little details of it. Stuff you don’t notice when you simply hear it in the outside world. Speaking of which, how off-putting is it when you go into a shop and it’s blaring out loud music? I’ve walked out of shops just as quickly as entering because I found the music so nauseatingly loud and obnoxious. It just makes me feel uncomfortable.

Assuming direct control...

octobersun

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 1:31pm Post subject: Episode 2 - BORED OF THE DANCE
Just downloaded... most amusing x

Ffrioserch

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 1:58pm Post subject: Episode 2 - BORED OF THE DANCE
It's soooo good to hear Stephen in better spirits!

As a fellow non-dancer, I can sympathise whole heartedly with his plight. Although I have at times attempted to flail about in some kind of rhythm, I am completely unable to co-ordinate or even balance enough to be convincing, so I have avoided the dance floor since my early twenties. I'm much happier for it!

emilY

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 2:43pm Post subject: Episode 2 - BORED OF THE DANCE
Have to admit (albeit a bit shamefully), as an 18 year old girl, I don't get the whole dancing thing either :-// ...people try to physically drag me up at parties! If I'm ever in clubs I just hope that it's so jammed packed I couldn't possibly move.... because... what do you actually move, and by how much? X-D There really should be a guide.

Most dancing styles don't impress me all that much, although I do like that Vodafone advert with the tap dancing guy in the street! And there was an advert for Skins series two which actually made me contemplate watching if for the first time just 'cos the dancing/music was good!

JSKanga84

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 3:22pm Post subject: Episode 2 - BORED OF THE DANCE
I just wanted to make a comment about dancing, and it's going to sound tremendously racist, and it's not meant that way at all. Just watch people dancing, you'll see it's true. White people will follow the lead of black people on the dance floor.
It's odd and a bit funny. The next time you're in a situation where there are a lot of people dancing, take a look around. You'll notice it.

octobersun

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 3:44pm Post subject: Episode 2 - BORED OF THE DANCE
Indeed, I too have to agree. I dance with the grace of a stroppy toddler. And, not sure why, but I feel like I have just exposed myself in the most obscene manner... on the other had, alcohol is a great stimulant that lowers this inhabitions, much to my embarressment the next day.

Ffrioserch

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 3:50pm Post subject: Episode 2 - BORED OF THE DANCE
Alcohol is a great leveller !!

JSKanga84

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 4:24pm Post subject: Episode 2 - BORED OF THE DANCE
I understand his frustration, but as a former ballroom dancer, I definitely do not share it. But if it hadn't been for ballroom dancing, I would probably feel the same way.
As it is, I miss dancing... :'(

RoyB

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 4:48pm Post subject: Episode 2 - BORED OF THE DANCE
Well, I didn't expect to hear such a non-succinct explanation of a subject I generally never attempt to dwell upon. Nevertheless, I find myself coming to only one conclusion.

I AM STEPHEN FRY!

Well, a lesser known (pronounced "unknown") American version of differing caliber.

I have been enjoying the blogs for a while now, but the podcasts are far more enjoyable in that we get to hear Stephen's delivery. My imagination can supply much, but in this case, hearing it from the horse's mouth is better. With apologies to Stephen and equines everywhere.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 7:31pm Post subject: Episode 2 - BORED OF THE DANCE
I'm glad Stephen mentioned early on about the text version because I was readying the old digits for some industrial-strength dictation taking.

Kinda disappointed he didn't mention any more about his arm. How it's doing and all that. Guess it's fine. He does sound 89 billion times chirpier and cheerfuller than the last Podgram.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 8:05pm Post subject: Episode 2 - BORED OF THE DANCE
could you please, please, please post the piccie, amyl_nitrate? Thanks a lot

My computer only does .mp3 (despite a fellow Frymason´s much appreciated help and links), and if for some reason my computer had not lost its voice (since I had vexing V*s*a wiped off its harddrive) I could even LISTEN to the podgrams Oh well, I´ll live...

canis rufus

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 9:08pm Post subject: Episode 2 - BORED OF THE DANCE
Alcohol is a great leveller !!

And is indeed the only way anyone can ever get me on a dance floor. And it takes lots of said alcohol and physical dragging...

Fantastic podgram!!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 10:28pm Post subject: Episode 2 - BORED OF THE DANCE
Behold the beauty!

L'Oreal Cover Girl pose.

Trippy.

Hippy.

Atari!

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry