Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

fryfan20

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 7:29pm Post subject: episode 2: on the site
there is one on youtube but that is a different one then on the site.

this is Fucking unbelievable what people do to the beautiful word we live in.

sorry makes my just mad and sad

I am what I am

wooden_elf

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 7:32pm Post subject: episode 2: on the site
there is one on youtube but that is a different one then on the site.

this is Fucking unbelievable what people do to the beautiful word we live in.

sorry makes my just mad and sad

I made my comment on the other thread but I still feel furious and murderous.

AHisme

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 7:36pm Post subject: episode 2: on the site
It is really sick.

However, the "hello giraff" bit made me smile.

wooden_elf

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 7:37pm Post subject: episode 2: on the site
However, the "hello giraff" bit made me smile.

YES! So cute!!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 7:38pm Post subject: episode 2: on the site
Yeah, its horrid what people do for, lets face it, money, But as Stephen Fry tweeted, its the people at the end of the chain who hold most responsibility, its supply and demand.

wooden_elf

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 7:42pm Post subject: episode 2: on the site
Yeah, its horrid what people do for, lets face it, money, But as Stephen Fry tweeted, its the people at the end of the chain who hold most responsibility, its supply and demand.

Yes, I agree. And I would say ignorance is somewhat to blame since they're using pulverized ivory and rhino horn in medicine and virility medicine and that tradition is so strong. People in the villages and in the countryside must learn that it doesn't work and that their "supply of goods" will run out if they continue.

fryfan20

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 7:43pm Post subject: episode 2: on the site
It is really sick.

However, the "hello giraffe" bit made me smile.

I also love the giraffe, there so sweet

I am what I am

taluta

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 7:52pm Post subject: episode 2: on the site
I was born and raised in Africa and have been trying to fight this ever since I became cognisant of the horrors that these creatures are subjected to. I have seen things that still reduce me to tears, images I shall never be free of and all of it completely brutal and utterly unnecessary. :'(

What we have to remember is that it is not only Africa that has been pillaged by these insane markets and unless we take a stand morally and financially against these matters, we are the last generation who will be able to enjoy the magnificence that is these creatures!

Sorry :-// I just get really upset... *steps off soapbox*!

'Tell them I came, and no one answered,
That I kept my word,' he said.
Ay, they heard his foot upon the stirrup,
And the sound of iron on stone,
And how the silence surged softly backward,
When the plunging hoofs were gone.

The Listeners
by Walter De La Mare

AHisme

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 7:53pm Post subject: episode 2: on the site

Please don't apologise, you are absolutly right and I wish more people would have thought and did the same.

wooden_elf

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 7:55pm Post subject: episode 2: on the site
I was born and raised in Africa and have been trying to fight this ever since I became cognisant of the horrors that these creatures are subjected to. I have seen things that still reduce me to tears, images I shall never be free of and all of it completely brutal and utterly unnecessary. :'(

What we have to remember is that it is not only Africa that has been pillaged by these insane markets and unless we take a stand morally and financially against these matters, we are the last generation who will be able to enjoy the magnificence that is these creatures!

You should not apologise! I can't imagine how it would be like to see it for real. It would haunt me to my dying days. I applaud you for trying to do something.

You are so right, this is happening all over. I know it's a big problem in South-East Asia and China.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 7:56pm Post subject: episode 2: on the site

I totally agree with you, I hate to think my children will grow up in a world missing such magnificent species!

monochromeprincess

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 9:33pm Post subject: episode 2: on the site
You guys have already said what I wanted to say - it just is so sad sometimes what the human race is capable of; some people seem so different to you and me they barely seem to be part of the same race.

And bless, even in such a short clip there is squishiness. Hello giraffe =D.

@dreamingshadow

fryfan20

Posted Thu Oct 23rd, 2008 11:34pm Post subject: episode 2: on the site
I also like the text on the end: brought to you by a pair of socks.
hihi.

I am what I am

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Oct 24th, 2008 4:43am Post subject: episode 2: on the site
I'm incapable of having children but I worry immensely about these species not surviving until I have a chance to see them in there natural habitats.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Oct 24th, 2008 9:23am Post subject: episode 2: on the site
I found this video upsetting too. :'( I can't believe there are still people on this planet who put money, profit and greed before life. It's sick.

Assuming direct control...