Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

fryfan20

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 11:41pm Post subject: Episode 4: Wild Rhinos
I was scared of the rhino and almost screaming at my computer screen Stephen, please be careful (!)

but he was also very beautiful, also one more Hello giraffe. well, better: hello drinking giraffe.

I like to be in Africa, okay by me in Africa
lots to see in Africa....

I am what I am

wooden_elf

Posted Tue Oct 28th, 2008 11:54pm Post subject: Episode 4: Wild Rhinos
I was scared of the rhino and almost screaming at my computer screen Stephen, please be careful (!)

but he was also very beautiful, also one more Hello giraffe. well, better: hello drinking giraffe.

I like to be in Africa, okay by me in Africa
lots to see in Africa....

No worries. I am sure he'll be very careful.

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Oct 29th, 2008 3:36pm Post subject: Episode 4: Wild Rhinos
I love the warthogs...something about watching a warthog run always has me in stitches.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

gjhsu

Posted Wed Oct 29th, 2008 3:59pm Post subject: Episode 4: Wild Rhinos
I love the warthogs...something about watching a warthog run always has me in stitches.

Don't be fooled, though, they're MEAN little buggers if you tick them off

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Oct 29th, 2008 5:20pm Post subject: Episode 4: Wild Rhinos

Don't be fooled, though, they're MEAN little buggers if you tick them off

Much like the badger.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Wed Oct 29th, 2008 5:29pm Post subject: Episode 4: Wild Rhinos
Badger?

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

wooden_elf

Posted Wed Oct 29th, 2008 5:31pm Post subject: Episode 4: Wild Rhinos
Badger?

rotflol

I am brain washed!

gjhsu

Posted Wed Oct 29th, 2008 7:17pm Post subject: Episode 4: Wild Rhinos
Badger?

That takes me back.....

Soph

Posted Wed Oct 29th, 2008 9:26pm Post subject: Episode 4: Wild Rhinos
Badger?
That badger song is now in my head, and I fear it will never leave ! >_____<

Anyone else notice Stephen's reflection in someones camera ? Heh, something minor I like to point out. I noticed too, "Thiers an ear notch, like the one I've got." I thought he said he couldn't take the ear notch out of the country.. Omm, naughty Stephen. I like the "Aww, it's so nice" bless. I can't get over how adorable this video is. ^_____^ Reeeally looking foward to Last Chance To See.

Photobucket

TinaL

Posted Thu Oct 30th, 2008 7:51am Post subject: Episode 4: Wild Rhinos
I know what you mean, TinaL. Stephen's been incredibly generous in sharing his time and video adventures with us. I heard he's pretty much going to take December off from projects, save for writing. Don't know if that means fewer videos/tweets or what. He's spoiling us rotten and I love every millisecond of it.

"spoiling us rotten" is a very lovely way to put it LOL
Hm...I guess we shouldn't be sad when it's over...maybe all that matters is that he actually did/does all this with twitter and his videos even if it was a one time thing.
He is the best.

@bertawooster

kimmysanders

Posted Mon Nov 3rd, 2008 1:01am Post subject: Episode 4: Wild Rhinos
Hmmm, that hoax rhino seemed awfully real to me! If that had been me behind the camera you would have heard lots of *eeeeeee* noises, which I was making at that point in the video. What an amazing trip--I read Last Chance to See several years ago (major Douglas Adams fan) and I'm so glad he's following up this way. I hope he's patting some aye ayes and lemurs at present.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Nov 14th, 2008 2:15pm Post subject: Episode 4: Wild Rhinos
How endearing does Stephen sound behind the camera ? And talking to the animals !?
I love the begining, the very silent atmosphere followed by a sudden 'Oo,' I have to say amused me quite a bit. And I loved him saying 'baboons' and 'gazelle' and 'ostrich.' (it sounds like he doing that thing were you put enphesis on the end of a sentence to make it sound like a question.) Just me ? Okay.

Such a lovely video, my favourite video by a clear mile, put a fixed smile on my face.
I feel exactly the same, I'm going to miss this, I'm enjoying it while it lasts. *watches again*

It was such a lovely video. I love how he kept saying "I like warthogs". ^_^ The bits with the weeing rhino and the drinking giraffe were the best.

I know what you mean, TinaL. Stephen's been incredibly generous in sharing his time and video adventures with us. I heard he's pretty much going to take December off from projects, save for writing. Don't know if that means fewer videos/tweets or what. He's spoiling us rotten and I love every millisecond of it.

Couldn't agree more with you. He's the most amazing guy to be a fan of. I'd say that he deserves to take December off even if it means leaving us without updates.

He'll probably be writing the sequel to Moab if he's taking time off to write. He deserves a rest anyway. He's been all non-stop since erm.....since forever!

Assuming direct control...

Soph

Posted Fri Nov 28th, 2008 8:10pm Post subject: Episode 4: Wild Rhinos
How endearing does Stephen sound behind the camera ? And talking to the animals !?
I love the begining, the very silent atmosphere followed by a sudden 'Oo,' I have to say amused me quite a bit. And I loved him saying 'baboons' and 'gazelle' and 'ostrich.' (it sounds like he doing that thing were you put enphesis on the end of a sentence to make it sound like a question.) Just me ? Okay.

Such a lovely video, my favourite video by a clear mile, put a fixed smile on my face.
I feel exactly the same, I'm going to miss this, I'm enjoying it while it lasts. *watches again*

It was such a lovely video. I love how he kept saying "I like warthogs". ^_^ The bits with the weeing rhino and the drinking giraffe were the best.
'The weeing rhino' that almost makes it sound endearing. : ]

Photobucket