Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Wed Nov 26th, 2008 6:10pm Post subject: Episode 6: Fish Fry
Innocent child eyes! Mazungu! "Thankyouverymuch"!

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Soph

Posted Wed Nov 26th, 2008 6:57pm Post subject: Episode 6: Fish Fry
Aww that was lovely ! They're so cute, so curious too. : ]

I was smiling all the way through that. (except for the cutting of the fish.) Poor ol' Mr nile perch.

Photobucket

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Nov 26th, 2008 8:06pm Post subject: Episode 6: Fish Fry
There is such a difference between children who are raised with video games and whatever they want and those who are not so materialistically blessed.

i much prefer the latter myself as it reminds you of what you need to be happy and not those things you want to have make you happy.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Katrina

Posted Wed Nov 26th, 2008 11:19pm Post subject: Episode 6: Fish Fry
My favorite was the little boy who randomly did a somersault!

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

SarahJoyce

Posted Thu Nov 27th, 2008 5:17am Post subject: Episode 6: Fish Fry
I'm so thankful for these videos. Some of the greatest experiences of my life were in Uganda and I miss it dearly. I love the chance to see it again.

Veg Chick

Posted Thu Nov 27th, 2008 8:51am Post subject: Episode 6: Fish Fry
Such a sweet film

I really enjoyed it and there was something about the children, an innoccence, it made me smile

Wonderful.

I am nothing

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Nov 27th, 2008 4:11pm Post subject: Episode 6: Fish Fry
Here are the twitpics:

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

M-y-s-t-e-r-y

Posted Thu Nov 27th, 2008 5:52pm Post subject: Episode 6: Fish Fry
bless.

Why are they all so innocently adorable?

Soph

Posted Fri Nov 28th, 2008 8:07pm Post subject: Episode 6: Fish Fry
They really do look like the most happiest of children. Don't you just wanna give each of 'em a cuddle.

Photobucket

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Nov 30th, 2008 10:51pm Post subject: Episode 6: Fish Fry
My favorite was the little boy who randomly did a somersault!

Mine too.

Here are the twitpics:

I love this picture so much. It really made me smile when it was first posted. They look so happy!

There is such a difference between children who are raised with video games and whatever they want and those who are not so materialistically blessed.

i much prefer the latter myself as it reminds you of what you need to be happy and not those things you want to have make you happy.

I agree with you there about the difference. That difference is affecting young people in more ways than one. One that I'm growing aware of is in education. In teacher training they keep telling us how students now can't cope with things like books or reading and how their attention span only lasts 5-10 minutes because they are more interested in technology. Are they giving young people too little credit?

On the materialistic side of things *sigh* the most extreme example I can think of tjhat I've witnessed was on a bring your own toys to school day in a school I worked in for just a day for cover. A boy brought in a pin the tail on the donkey game. Wait for it. This was not the game we know of old but instead a large plastic donkey with a sort of crane device next to it with a string attached and a magnetic tail at the end of the string. The children take it in turns to push a button and watch in awe as the crane spins round and the magnetic tail attaches itself to the donkey's butt. What......the.......fuck?! Why?!? Can't children even run around with blindfolds on anymore? That is just promoting laziness to the extreme and is the most pointless butt dribble of a game ever created!

Assuming direct control...

SarahJoyce

Posted Mon Dec 1st, 2008 12:24am Post subject: Episode 6: Fish Fry

I agree with you there about the difference. That difference is affecting young people in more ways than one. One that I'm growing aware of is in education. In teacher training they keep telling us how students now can't cope with things like books or reading and how their attention span only lasts 5-10 minutes because they are more interested in technology. Are they giving young people too little credit?

It's a bit sad that there isn't more effort to help children increase their attention spans. What better time to learn such important skills.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Dec 1st, 2008 8:27pm Post subject: Episode 6: Fish Fry

It's a bit sad that there isn't more effort to help children increase their attention spans. What better time to learn such important skills.

I think it's sad too. We really should be doing more to help them increase their attention spans not going oh well and ignoring it until they're adults.

Assuming direct control...

Shine

Posted Tue Dec 30th, 2008 3:30am Post subject: Episode 6: Fish Fry
where is the Episode 6 video? I just watched episode 1 to 5 but do not see a 6 there - although there is a thread here for it!

(apologies if the answer to this is in this thread... i skimmed over it breifly but did not want to spolier myself for the video itself)

Everything is readily available.