Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

IdeaCollector

Posted Sat Jul 5th, 2008 9:33pm Post subject: Er.. No, I don't think so.
amen on the whole karen...well minus mitchell and webb whom i adore!

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

karen m

Posted Sat Jul 5th, 2008 11:04pm Post subject: Er.. No, I don't think so.
granted there are exceptions..... i don't mind todays comedy, i just prefer the other stuff. there was a boom of brilliant comedy that set the bar and it was set pretty high. i agree with you on mitchell and webb though

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Jul 10th, 2008 5:04pm Post subject: Er.. No, I don't think so.
I simply love Dara and his Irish accent (he was a panellist both times I attended a QI recording in 2007, excellent!)
If I had the choice to have a cup of tea with him or with Stephen I´d find it hard to decide.... so I´m glad I´ll never be faced with that choice
David Mitchell is fun as well, and Jo Brand, and Phil Jupitus of course !

Human_Nature

Posted Sat Jul 12th, 2008 10:07am Post subject: Er.. No, I don't think so.
I don't spend my time getting annoyed with the individuals who as a rule I would not want to breath the same air as me on the show, I sit there laughing at the show as its brilliant. if i don't like a person on a show i like I tend to not listen to them after 2 minutes they fall on deaf ears then I sit back and enjoy the rest.

If i let each annoying person get to me on TV i would stop watching it as mainly 85% of TV annoys me anyhow but sky helps take away the boring days in this town of zombies we live in were drink and drugs are the main recreation moaning about the wind blowing the wrong way as well, and the only exercise is walking and half the time you can't as the 100 mile a hour wind would knock me back to England given half a chance.

So my acceptance is futile of TV entertainment as the above activities are mainly life threatening ...:P

Dallyhard

Posted Sat Jul 12th, 2008 11:02am Post subject: Er.. No, I don't think so.
Hear hear!

But Jupitus is still a tosser.

IdeaCollector

Posted Sat Jul 12th, 2008 6:05pm Post subject: Er.. No, I don't think so.
In the words of Alan Davies after the famous "They say that the Acropolis where the Parthenon is" bit....

What-evah!

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Jul 12th, 2008 9:05pm Post subject: Er.. No, I don't think so.
As someone willing to see Morrissey you're not one to talk about taste anyway. Morrissey is well annoying and rubbishey.
X-D X-D X-D

Phil and Bill every episode because they tag team SF and crack me up.

I know! I love it when they tagteam together or Bill Bailey and Sean Lock. Note how you never see all three together. If you did Stephen would be doomed!! X-D

Assuming direct control...

JSKanga84

Posted Sat Jul 12th, 2008 9:47pm Post subject: Er.. No, I don't think so.
Although that would be kind of awesome. I love seeing comedians make each other laugh. It brings me great pleasure. X-D

Shyamz

Posted Fri Aug 15th, 2008 6:34pm Post subject: Er.. No, I don't think so.
Alan Davies...enough already.

And I agree it's great to have a few comedians on the same show, they have the confidence to bounce things of each other and wind each other up a bit, there have been some really good moments on Q.i because of that.

helvissa

Posted Sun Sep 7th, 2008 5:20pm Post subject: Er.. No, I don't think so.
Oh i do love Mr Davies!

And Mr Jupitus. And even Jeremy Clarkson was impressive on QI I thought because he was very knowledgable. In fact, Vic Reeves was awesome - I thought he'd be too surreal for the show but wow, what a lot of stuff that man knows! (though presumably knowing lots about pirates came with having recently presented some tv progs about pirates....)

PS: Morrissey's not rubbishey!

Shyamz

Posted Wed Sep 10th, 2008 7:07pm Post subject: Er.. No, I don't think so.
I so agree with the Vic Reeves comment, I've been a fan for eighteen years now and I had no idea he took such an interest in so many things until Q.i happened.

It was a pleasant surprise that.

Dallyhard

Posted Tue Oct 7th, 2008 11:47pm Post subject: Er.. No, I don't think so.
Very clever yes. But does anyone know why/when VIc Reeves decided to not be funny anymore?

Yes I know I know. I am awful but I know you like it, really.

Shyamz

Posted Wed Nov 12th, 2008 12:23am Post subject: Er.. No, I don't think so.
To be honest, I did truly think that House Arrest and Does The Team Think were good shows, and not just because I'm a fan of him and Bob.

It proves that when they get back together they are still great, it's just a shame that he has had to take so many creatively suspect jobs since he became a father of four and needed the cash.

With comedy going the way it is currently, it will be difficult for them to get back on our screens with something new, as networks seem mainly to be on the lookout for sit-coms, which have never been their thing.
But the weirder side of comedy will always go down well with British people, so if they were given the chance, they could do just as well again as they did in the nineties, and with Shooting Stars of course.

...Which incidentally, is coming back for a Christmas special I hear.
I must remember to get in touch with the BBC soon to get tickets for that if it's true.

Fiona

Posted Fri Nov 14th, 2008 2:55pm Post subject: Er.. No, I don't think so.
I have to be honest and say that sometimes i'm not all that keen on Mr Davies on the show. Not all the time though, just some shows :-//

Not a fan of Phil Jupiter (sp?) or Vic Reeves the majority of the time anyway!

Shyamz

Posted Wed Nov 19th, 2008 6:57pm Post subject: Er.. No, I don't think so.
Don't worry, I'm with you on the Alan thing to.