Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Hope

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 21st, 2008 3:32pm Post subject: Exam results!
Congratulations everyone!

I'm not off to University but I did get my GCSE results today and was somewhat amused and really quite pleased to find I got an A in Geography: The reason for this is when sitting the exam there was a 9 mark question (the most important ones) that wanted to know about the population distribution and something else in a Country outside the EU - the only Country I could think of that I knew ANYTHING sensible/relevant about was Peru and only because of Stephen's Peruvian Diary about Spectacled Bears which I had read a week or so before the exam.

Stephen Fry is therefore partially responsible for a Geography success.

Catt_H

Posted Thu Aug 21st, 2008 11:06pm Post subject: Exam results!
I got my GCSEs today.... they don't really mean very much but i'm chuffed with 6A*s and 5As
annoying thing now is the govt. introducing A* levels at A-level, so now i'll want at least one of those.
grrrr

CollectorManiac

Posted Sun Aug 31st, 2008 5:36pm Post subject: Exam results!
I know I'm delayed but I've been away
Well done everybody!!
3 As and a B for me in my AS Levels [the first half of A Levels] so I can apply to Cambridge and the college I'm after has never not given an interview, just got to work even harder this year and cross my fingers

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Aug 31st, 2008 7:39pm Post subject: Exam results!
Wow well done Tango! Those are really good results. Good luck with the next year.

Assuming direct control...

CollectorManiac

Posted Sun Aug 31st, 2008 9:04pm Post subject: Exam results!
Thanks very much

Desdemona

Posted Wed Sep 3rd, 2008 5:50pm Post subject: Exam results!
Congratulations all! They are all really good results.

I'm doing my GCSEs this year, I am fairly scared. Although I have done half of my science already (Double gcse) and I got an A in that. so I am happy.

Skip Life and come with me?

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Wed Sep 3rd, 2008 8:40pm Post subject: Exam results!

I'm doing my GCSEs this year, I am fairly scared. Although I have done half of my science already (Double gcse) and I got an A in that. so I am happy.

Me too! Although I only got a B in mine.

I've rather misunderstood Burt and his bat sperm.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Sep 4th, 2008 11:06am Post subject: Exam results!

Don't be scared. Just give it your all and if you've been working hard all this time in your studies it shouldn't be too daunting come exam time. It's those who slack of all year and expect to be able to just last minute cram that should be scared. You'll be fine. An A in Double Science is something to be proud of.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Sep 4th, 2008 6:02pm Post subject: Exam results!
Oh amyl! I saw that you were the last one to post and thought that your result had come through ... not long before it will, though

Congrats all around - and all the best for your exam, Desdemona, you´ll be fine (your signature bar is gorgeous...)

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Sep 5th, 2008 12:14pm Post subject: Exam results!
Oh amyl! I saw that you were the last one to post and thought that your result had come through ... not long before it will, though

No it shouldn't be much longer Gerti. I hope. I hate waiting it makes me anxious. :S

Desdemona

Posted Mon Sep 8th, 2008 9:22pm Post subject: Exam results!
Desdemona, you´ll be fine (your signature bar is gorgeous...)
Why thank you.
New Result, I got an A* in my Applied Performing Arts course. I am so happy.
They mark performance out of 50 and I got 48 and portfolio i got 60/60.
^__^

Good luck Amyl, and thanks for the advice everyone.

Skip Life and come with me?

Shyamz

Posted Wed Sep 10th, 2008 7:41pm Post subject: Exam results!
Kind of makes me wish I was back in further education, I reckon I could have done a lot better now then I did at school or college.