Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Flossy

Posted Fri Apr 13th, 2007 9:52pm Post subject: Excessive Behaviour?
They talk about the universe being created by the big bang but then what caused the bag in the first place. There has to be something there before the universe was created when you think about it. So did the big bang really create the universe or was there a universe there before the big bang.

Well, the latest theories seem to sugest that there have been big bangs going on for eternity! It seems that each Galaxy could be the result of big bangs in themselves, that big bangs are a part of the collapse and expansion of each galactic component in an infinite universe! Seemingly!!!! It does appear to be a ludicrous proposition to think that the universe just began! Began from where? From god?

I'm an athiest so I dont buy into that!

Conversley, the idea that the universe is infinite, without a beggining and without an end, is equally bizzar! I dont think the human race will be able to get it's collective head around this problem for hundreds of years! What is important is what is observable truth, what we can see and test and confirm. But we will keep speculating what???

sibs

Posted Sun Apr 15th, 2007 3:54pm Post subject: Excessive Behaviour?
They talk about the universe being created by the big bang but then what caused the bag in the first place. There has to be something there before the universe was created when you think about it. So did the big bang really create the universe or was there a universe there before the big bang.

Well, the latest theories seem to sugest that there have been big bangs going on for eternity! It seems that each Galaxy could be the result of big bangs in themselves, that big bangs are a part of the collapse and expansion of each galactic component in an infinite universe! Seemingly!!!! It does appear to be a ludicrous proposition to think that the universe just began! Began from where? From god?

I'm an athiest so I dont buy into that!

Conversley, the idea that the universe is infinite, without a beggining and without an end, is equally bizzar! I dont think the human race will be able to get it's collective head around this problem for hundreds of years! What is important is what is observable truth, what we can see and test and confirm. But we will keep speculating what???Well I kind of wonder whether there are other universes out there other than our own. To make up a universe we have many galaxies. Perhaps there are many universes to make up something else not yet named.

Patterns:

Galaxies are made up of many stars and planets.
The universe is made up of many galaxies containing many stars and planets.
Perhaps there is something else out there made up of many universes.

Perhaps when two universes converge then a big bag is possible and out of the death of two universes one single larger expanse is created. Your right though you could keep going on and on.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Apr 15th, 2007 6:12pm Post subject: Excessive Behaviour?
There is a very informative article in New Scientist (5th February 2005, p30) which pretty much answers all this as far as can be in Feb 2005.

"The universe might collapse in on itself in a big crunch or it could end more violently in a big rip. A slow drift into darkness is still on the cards, but even that could get pretty exciting."

Very compelling reading.

Chris

trouser material

Posted Tue Apr 24th, 2007 6:11pm Post subject: Excessive Behaviour?
I take comfort to think that in this dark and distant future, (possibly) towards the end of the universe's very life itself , human beings will have long, long expired... and absolutely everything anyone has ever done will be rendered totally, and utterly pointless.

Am i weird finding that strangely comforting ?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Apr 24th, 2007 9:31pm Post subject: Excessive Behaviour?
No