Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

TheElephant

Posted Sat May 16th, 2009 1:19am Post subject: #expensesfallout
I wasn't sure whether to put this here, or in the zero room. Or whether it's appropriate, being a tad political?

I'm new to twitter, but I've been enjoying the #tag things (#creditcrunchtv was great).

Anyway, just wondered if anyone might want to spread this message:

#expensesfallout if you protest vote, make it green and split the ukip/bnp vote

The thought that the BNP and UKIP might profit had already crossed my mind, with all the blagger MPs having even less trust from voters than before. And I've just watched yesterday's Question Time, and it was put to the panel that it may happen by a couple of the audience.

So if you don't know which of the major parties to go for, or weren't going to vote at all, it could allow other people's knee jerk reactions to one issue to put BNP members into the European Parliament as our representatives.

I haven't decided who to vote for yet, but even if it isn't green, I'd hope that protest votesgo to them rather than the alternatives.

Maxx England

Posted Sat May 16th, 2009 5:25pm Post subject: #expensesfallout
I'm not voting far right, I'm not voting for any of the fiddling toerags in the main parties. Unfortunately, I can't vote green.

Everything I see proposed to "fight global warming" is aimed at inconveniencing a wealthy middle class as little as possible at my expense; the solutions cost money I (common as muck peasant) don't have and never will have and they would require a change of lifestyle which would amount to a removal of liberty to move around the country or world freely and without anybody else's permission needed (which is part of modern British/English culture, and if the Nazi Nutters pick up on it, just you watch the support grow).

But if somebody gets up as a candidate for the Technicolour Yoyo party, I'll be there.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

TheElephant

Posted Mon Jun 8th, 2009 12:36pm Post subject: #expensesfallout