Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

katysara

Posted Tue Jul 8th, 2008 7:29pm Post subject: Exploitative website - ANGRY!!!
X-D

KSx

P.S. Like your current avatar. There are so many good quotes!
[Talking about criteria to define a worthwhile existence and therefore avoid annihilation by the baddie].
Lister: “Just a minute, who’s to say what’s worthwhile?”
Rimmer: “Well let’s face it Listie, lying on your bunk and reading ‘What Bike’ and eating sugar-puff sandwiches for eight hours every day is unlikely to qualify.”
~Red Dwarf V.

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

Red Raven

Posted Tue Jul 8th, 2008 8:52pm Post subject: Exploitative website - ANGRY!!!
X-D

KSx

P.S. Like your current avatar. There are so many good quotes!
[Talking about criteria to define a worthwhile existence and therefore avoid annihilation by the baddie].
Lister: “Just a minute, who’s to say what’s worthwhile?”
Rimmer: “Well let’s face it Listie, lying on your bunk and reading ‘What Bike’ and eating sugar-puff sandwiches for eight hours every day is unlikely to qualify.”
~Red Dwarf V.

lol yeah, I love that show. Lister is awesome! I saw a pic of him from recent(past couple of years) and it's so cute! He looks so much like he did only older. haha!

Red Dwarf is what I watch when Dr Who isn't on. So I guess it'll be marathons for the next 2 years(except when the specials are on). I can't wait for some Moffatt Who!

katysara

Posted Wed Jul 9th, 2008 1:46pm Post subject: Exploitative website - ANGRY!!!
The guy who played Lister is now in Coronation Street - and he does look older, but good - but not a patch on Red Dwarf days. Not sure if you can get it in the USA. It's on ITV (more recently called ITV1) over here. Don't know the times, I have better things to do with my time!

KSx

~ Stephen Fry

Gayalondiel

Posted Wed Jul 9th, 2008 1:48pm Post subject: Exploitative website - ANGRY!!!
The guy who played Lister is now in Coronation Street - and he does look older, but good - but not a patch on Red Dwarf days.

Is he really? How the mighty have fallen...

Gaya (who really, really doesn't like soaps).
xx

katysara

Posted Wed Jul 9th, 2008 1:57pm Post subject: Exploitative website - ANGRY!!!
Yup, he is - I'd recognise him anywhere. Mother watches Coronation St and so sometimes I am forced to notice it when I pass through the lounge to get to my office!

KSx

~ Stephen Fry

Red Raven

Posted Wed Jul 9th, 2008 4:16pm Post subject: Exploitative website - ANGRY!!!
The guy who played Lister is now in Coronation Street - and he does look older, but good - but not a patch on Red Dwarf days. Not sure if you can get it in the USA. It's on ITV (more recently called ITV1) over here. Don't know the times, I have better things to do with my time!

KSx

Thank f*&^ we don't have Coronation St here. I can't bear soaps.

wildfire

Posted Wed Jul 9th, 2008 4:48pm Post subject: Exploitative website - ANGRY!!!
Red Dwarf was ace. I love this scene.!

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Jul 9th, 2008 10:33pm Post subject: Exploitative website - ANGRY!!!
i am madly in love with chris barrie...so yay red dwarf!

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Red Raven

Posted Thu Jul 10th, 2008 3:07am Post subject: Exploitative website - ANGRY!!!
Red Dwarf was ace. I love this scene.!

X-D

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Jul 10th, 2008 4:10am Post subject: Exploitative website - ANGRY!!!
Yes I know what you mean Red.

KSx

P.S. What does TL;DR mean?

Too long; didn't(or don't) read

" or don't " ???

ANyWay, red, since y'all are talking about laughing uncontrollably...
today i was in a 9 hour meeting, and i haven't even worked a full day of a job in weeks. i was SO RESTLESS and i ended up drawing :

1) a civil war soldier riding an ostrich (which, before you think that's very creative of me....does happen, apparently, at "dixie stampede"...wtf?!?...i am dissappointed a little in dolly parton's business sense)

2) in keeping with "1)", a ww2 soldier riding a razorback pig and a butterfly dropping bombs

3) a crocodile driving a car, which accidentally hit and injured a robot, with mr peanut (of planters peanuts) coming to help the robot with a monocle and first aid kit...accident occurred outside of the "fire shoppe" which sells fire, and there are customers carrying thier fire home. that last bit, the fire shop, is what i am the most excited about. i think i could draw that ten times.

is that TL DR ???

sorry :-//

that looks like, "is that too long, doctor?"

it's also fun to draw someone playing the banjo while rollerblading.
which i cannot do, but i can just feel it in my bones, it would be sense-ational!

i think i will stay up late and draw more stupid.

Red Raven

Posted Thu Jul 10th, 2008 11:21am Post subject: Exploitative website - ANGRY!!!
Too long; didn't read <-To explain why you didn't read something or to express to the person writing it that it's too damn long.

Too long; Don't read<- As a warning to other people

Often it's used to let someone know that you can't be bothered to read their wall of text.

Your post, Banjo, was not too long.

Also, a fire store sounds like a great idea!

alphapigeon

Posted Tue Apr 30th, 2013 10:54pm Post subject: Exploitative website - ANGRY!!!

Although this particular blog is nearly five years old I protest at the injustice done to the 'exploitative' website mentioned.
Mark Tyrrell and Roger Elliot have to earn a living. Just as Stephen Fry, presumably, does not work for nothing.
The person who wrote this angry blog (Mr Fry?) was obviously suffering from depression at the time. Anger is a highly emotional state which overwhelms the reasoning, intelligent part of the brain.
As the clinical depression website makes clear anger is a symptom of depression and the first essential step to 'curing' it is to lower emotional arousal so that learning and a sense of autonomy can come about.
I have no connection with Mark Tyrrell or the website but whoever contributed to this blog should apologise for the libel, for that's what it is - most unfair!

TobiasMonk

Posted Wed May 1st, 2013 12:56am Post subject: Exploitative website - ANGRY!!!

Ok first of all Mr. Fry is not the OP author of this thread. Secondly, opinion is not libel, full stop, so your notion that one should offer up an apology is ridiculous. This is about mental illness, which all too often result in death, and you want us to consider how they earn a living. Spare us the lecture on fairness, and more importantly, refrain from any armchair diagnosis of people on this site.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

alphapigeon

Posted Wed May 1st, 2013 10:01am Post subject: Exploitative website - ANGRY!!!

To libel is to publish a false statement which is damaging to a person's reputation.

Depression can, as you rightly say, result in death which suggests (to me at least) that current medical procedures are not necessarily effective. Why, then, not have an open mind and at least consider alternatives?

TobiasMonk

Posted Wed May 1st, 2013 10:56pm Post subject: Exploitative website - ANGRY!!!

This has absolutely nothing to do with open mindedness, but rather the way in which you chose to express your protest. What I've stated above stands.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman