Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

sprungl

Posted Mon Oct 27th, 2008 10:16pm Post subject: Favourite Blackadder moment
I have three can't decide.In no order:
-The moment Melchett finds out Blackadder shoot his Speckled Jim.I also love that entire episode because the lovely Jeremy Hardy is adorable in it.
-The ending of course of the Blackadder goes forth.
-GREAT BOOZE-UP, EDMUND! is brilliant as well!The face acting and the word play simply brilliant.

McGrew

Posted Sun Nov 9th, 2008 4:14am Post subject: Favourite Blackadder moment
"They do say, Mrs Miggins, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are of course wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork in your head. "

Corinthian

Posted Sun Nov 9th, 2008 8:33am Post subject: Favourite Blackadder moment
Has to be this:

Melchett: So then private Baldrick, are you ready to give those French a good licking?
Darling: Er, sir. I think it's the Germans we'll be licking.
Melchett: Don't be preposterous Darling! I wouldn't lick a German is he were glazed in honey!

Shyamz

Posted Wed Nov 12th, 2008 12:04am Post subject: Favourite Blackadder moment
"Go get the door Baldrick"...

..."Baldrick, I suggest you make the explanation you are about to give, phenomenally good".

Soph

Posted Sun Nov 16th, 2008 6:18pm Post subject: Favourite Blackadder moment
'If anything happens like when you open your paintbox we'd all be drenched in flem !'

Theirs some really good moments mentioned in here and I may be about to repeat them. I quite liked the ending for Blackadder Third, Prince George takes a cannonball fire to the chest, it's quite serious you think he dies. But George awakes with '"I too have cigarillo case aswell.. Oh, must of left it on the dresser." And dies. (Dead as some doo doo. ; ] )

The courtroom scene of 'Corporal Punishment' is perhaps the funniest scene of the series. After Blackadder shoots General Melchett's beloved speckled Jim, his only true childhood friend, a pigeon. A very unfair trial was held with General Melchett as the magistrate. With only George's simple brains to help as his defense lawyer. Baldrick, not surprisingly, is no help at all, as his defense witness. He is sentenced to death by firing squad. A very joyful, joking firing squad nonetheless.

Aswell, I like the hidden but existing relationship between Melchett and Darling. ; ] I love this I didn't think it would come in so close to the top spot on the countdown.

Photobucket

designfault

Posted Sun Dec 7th, 2008 6:02pm Post subject: Favourite Blackadder moment
i love blackadder completely and list all general melchett moments as favs.especially where he is passing sentence on blackadder for killing speckled jim.there were some classic baldrick moments too and hugh laurie playing the prince of wales was just inspired casting.i hope i speak for all of us when i suggest that fry and laurie reunite for a xmas special.PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!