Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

marzgirl

Posted Thu Feb 25th, 2010 10:33pm Post subject: Favourite Comedians

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGi8jSGpr5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5BGuOUOHcQ

Here are a couple of clips of my favs. Stephen Colbert, John Stewart, Hugh Laurie.......

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

MercuryMay

Posted Sun Feb 28th, 2010 11:15am Post subject: Favourite Comedians

Stephen Fry
Hugh Laurie
Monty Python
Rowan Atkinson

and many more..

Shyamz

Posted Sat Mar 20th, 2010 9:04pm Post subject: Favourite Comedians

New series of Russell Howard's Good News coming up on BBC 3 soon, can't wait for that.

He's become one of my new favorites this past year, he's a real kick in the teeth for all the "alternative" comedy haters out there who are determined to convince us all that all today's comedians are vulgar, rude, swearing idiots who "just aren't funny". If I had my way I'd make Good News compulsory viewing for everyone in Britain.

He's brilliantly funny AND positive, and he's the same age as me (he did seem to fall for a few of the Daily Mail's lies in his last Good News series, I'll forgive him that for now).

Frankie Boyle seems to have run out of ideas now, which is sad, and since my last post mentioning Eddie Izzard a year ago, he seems to have pulled it back a bit- good for him, plus there was the marathon for Sports Relief, what a brilliant man.

I'm sorry to say it, but I'm pretty much over Stewart Lee, after fifteen years of devoted following.

He just seems to have become a very bitter man, something that someone who has achieved all he has really doesn't need or deserve to be. I'm done with him now, there are far better comics out there now who can appreciate the position they are in without getting resentful about not been on telly every five minutes.

kendricktamis

Posted Tue Mar 30th, 2010 7:44am Post subject: Favourite Comedians

In no order my favourite comedian are:

Lewis Black
Andrew "Dice" Clay
Sam Kinison
Ron White
Robin Williams
Larry Miller

Ambrosia

Posted Tue Apr 13th, 2010 6:07pm Post subject: Favourite Comedians

Ladies first, but these are in no particular order.

Sandi Toksvig
Catherine Tate
Victoria Wood
David Mitchell
Peter Kay
Stewart Lee
Phill Jupitus
Bill Bailey

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Aug 12th, 2010 3:49pm Post subject: Favourite Comedians

Shyamz said:
Frankie Boyle seems to have run out of ideas now, which is sad, and since my last post mentioning Eddie Izzard a year ago, he seems to have pulled it back a bit- good for him, plus there was the marathon for Sports Relief, what a brilliant man.

I remember my sister and I being so excited when we got tickets to see Frankie Boyle live in Manchester. Then when we got there it was mostly old jokes reused from Mock The Week. I know it must be hard coming up with new material. It's just in comparison to some of the other stand-ups we'd been to see he didn't hold up as well. We've seen Dara O'Briain three times now and he's still our favourite stand-up.

Assuming direct control...

LilliumLupin

Posted Sun Aug 15th, 2010 5:44pm Post subject: Favourite Comedians

In a completely randomized off the top of my head order:

Craig Ferguson
Tim Minchin
Eddie Izzard
Mitch Hedburg
Brian Regan
Tim Allen
Rowan Atkinson
Monty Python Crew
Robin Williams

and of course Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie.

TheDuchess24

Posted Sun Sep 5th, 2010 12:01am Post subject: Favourite Comedians

As well as the obvious choices of Stephen and Hugh, I'd have to say mine are:

Bill Bailey
Dylan Moran
Billy Connelly
Rowan Atkinson
Jo Brand
Tim Minchin
Noel Fielding

A 17 year old girl from Hampshire with an unhealthy obsession for many things, including the irritatingly unavailable Mr Fry. Will most certainly attempt to kidnap him in the future and force him to marry me.

I apologize in advance, Stephen. ;)

'I am all in a sea of wonders. I doubt; I fear; I think strange things, which I dare not confess to my own soul.' - Bram Stoker.

My blog can be found here!

Lilly-Pond

Posted Wed Sep 15th, 2010 7:58pm Post subject: Favourite Comedians

Naturally, I like / love Stephen Fry.......who doesn't !

I'm not an expert on comedians, but I've recently stumbled across Simon Amstell. He has an unusual face, and voice, but I like him regardless. Of course, what he's like in "real life" who knows. Grandmas House is easy to watch, light hearted visual valium, in fact.

Russell Brand seems to try too hard, but I'm sure he could be funny if he relaxed a bit.......but then again, what do I know.

Lilly-pond x

Lilly x

pebbles

Posted Wed Sep 15th, 2010 10:12pm Post subject: Favourite Comedians

Fry & Laurie
Rik Mayall and Ade Edmundson in their various projects
Monty Python
Mitchell and Webb
Billy Conolly
Dylan Moran (discovered him via this forum and love him to bits, so thanks )
Peter Cook and Dudley Moore
Rowan Atkinson
Gerhard Polt
Loriot