Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Willdew

Posted Sun Mar 16th, 2008 9:57pm Post subject: Favourite QI moments?
I was wondering what everybody's favourite moments were from QI, and why.

To start off, mine is "they say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is...." from series 5, episode 13 where the panelists start singing and turn it into a musical on the spur of the moment.

Why do I like this moment so much? Like much of QI, it's spontaneous, but there's a frightening synchronicity to the moment that makes me marvel at the notion that it wasn't rehearsed. And poor Stephen's reaction, when he hides his head behind his hands and begs them to stop because he's laughing so hard it hurts....

AxmxZ

Posted Mon Mar 17th, 2008 9:15pm Post subject: Favourite QI moments?
"Put Smarties tubes on cat's legs, make them walk like a robot." I had the same exact reaction as Alan when I saw that. I still have a hard time believing that wasn't somehow set-up.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Mar 18th, 2008 12:18am Post subject: Favourite QI moments?
I vote for Acropolis, too. Although Alan sitting on Santa Stephen's lap was close. If only Stephen really did tickle that tush

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

karen m

Posted Wed Mar 19th, 2008 6:07am Post subject: Favourite QI moments?
has got to be mein handy LOVE IT! or..... when stephen told the joke 'what's red and funny? A blood clot' and went into one when alan just looked at him, alan davies face was pure classic! In fact, anything where alan is being ridiculed is funny so in all the whole program is the best bit. I have an inappropriate crush on alan davies and i'm not ashamed to admit it (and least not on here :P)

the-archivist

Posted Fri Mar 21st, 2008 1:04pm Post subject: Favourite QI moments?
Either Jo Brand's story about Brian Blessed's expedition to Everest, or Alan Davies' story about taking the cats to the vets. The look on Davies' face as he explained the cats' escape was priceless.

CollectorManiac

Posted Fri Mar 21st, 2008 3:14pm Post subject: Favourite QI moments?
much though I love the acropolis moment and all other moments that make fry cry out for his mummy lol, and his various accents and whatnot, my facourite has to be Rich Hall climbing up and lieing on the desk, just tickles me something rotten, that or the whole rich/stephen moons exchange, culminating in 'rich hall I think Iove you', which has atleast twice past mr fry's lips

karen m

Posted Sat Mar 22nd, 2008 6:42pm Post subject: Favourite QI moments?
going off the subject slightly, has anyone gone to dave website, it has the qi quiz, managed to get 11/20 without reading up or sneakily watching on youtube, you've got to love quizzes that point out how stupid you are! I suppose thats the point of a quiz though lol

TheAlchemist

Posted Mon Mar 24th, 2008 2:49am Post subject: Favourite QI moments?
*as sung creepiy by Mr. Fry*
"There's always someone in theeeere!"

(series3, ep3 i believe)

j9r

Posted Mon Mar 24th, 2008 10:09pm Post subject: Favourite QI moments?
So many to choose from........

Stephen telling Jo she had a "Fulsome set of fun bags".

Or the entire season 4 xmas show.

Dara's face while he tries to understand why someone would put a cat in a copier. Priceless.

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka

WhyGenTom

Posted Mon Mar 24th, 2008 11:14pm Post subject: Favourite QI moments?
Phil Jupitus' impression of Mr Fry, especially in the episode where they're talking about cleaning coins with brown sauce. 'No wonder Twinings had you pal'

or...

Rich Hall / Stephen Fry having an exchange about the second moon which resulted in Rich saying 'Don't tell them I'm ****ing weird... I'm not the one telling people there's a second moon' and after a long factual rant from Mr Fry, Rich asking him 'is there a rest stop between you and the end of this show?'