Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Occy

Posted Tue Jan 6th, 2009 2:50am Post subject: FFS
Im never going to get a VISA. WTF - Im not a criminal - I am a hard worker - hell I am a benefit to places I work at and to the children I teach and still - its like walking through quick drying cement - I hate this

Jarus

Posted Tue Jan 6th, 2009 3:03pm Post subject: FFS
You have my deepest sympathy as while (thankfully) I've never had to apply for a VISA those who have often compared it to wading through treacle or in some cases a less sweet, altogether more smelly mixture

Just out of interest what subject do you teach? I know there was/is a massive shortage of Physics/Maths/English/Geography teachers predicted for this year so if you teach one of those subjects they should be begging you to come in.

Occy

Posted Wed Jan 7th, 2009 2:02am Post subject: FFS
English/History/Humanities - and a bit of junior science. I have taken to contacting school individually to find out if they sponsor outsiders as I will need a sponsorship VISA to go over...

Maxx England

Posted Thu Jan 8th, 2009 1:11pm Post subject: FFS
This is insane; this country freely lets in people with no heritage, loyalty or commitment to it or intention of adapting to it's culture and then sets up barriers to those who will fit in (almost?) seamlessly. I hope you get it sorted, it's not a bad place when you do get here.

Small note: Aussies often complain about whingeing Poms, but you know, we suffer from whingeing Aussies over here. Sure you're not one of those, though .

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

Occy

Posted Thu Jan 8th, 2009 2:26pm Post subject: FFS
Nup not a whinger - never have been. If I need a whinge I go online and let it all hang out. hehe.

Im a hard worker when i get down it - spent nearly 10 hrs at home on the laptop today creating work for students and expect to do so tomorrow after I get back from my walk.

Whats more shiftul is that I have an Israeli citizenship and if i had lived in Israel for 12 months I would qualify as highly skilled - how does where I live matter?

When people have a whinge I generally ask if there is going to be a repeat performance at 3 and 6 or if they want some cheese with their whine...