Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Sun Mar 8th, 2009 6:09pm Post subject: Films and Fame XL
Possibly the best episode of the series yet? I LOVE Emma Thompson! I think she's fab and I was really pleased to see her on the show. I thought it was sooo sweet when she and Stephen started talking about 'the old times'. For a start is he a freaking computer genius, or what? He deserves at least an arm of that Oscar! And I couldn't breath from laughing so much when Emma Thompson said how she used to lock all the doors and get naked. Brilliant! X-D Mr Fry looked so cute when he was remembering the horror.
Rest of the episode was terrific, as well. David Mitchell was on fire!

Oh yeah, go Alan!!!!!!!

I've rather misunderstood Burt and his bat sperm.

Benjamin

Posted Sun Mar 8th, 2009 8:32pm Post subject: Films and Fame XL
Have you got a link to watch it on iPlayer, perchance?

I've missed all but one of the XLs, and it's starting to upset me.

I'm a histrionic, holistic, herculean halibut.

CLICK TO SEE MY BRAINS.

Help

Posted Mon Mar 9th, 2009 10:34am Post subject: Films and Fame XL
Ahh, they don't put the XL version of QI on the I-Player, baffles me as to why not.
You can however watch it on Youtube, if you can a) actually see and her it because lately they have a tendancy to be a silly stoopid and b) if you can be bothered to search around and find the other 4 bits.
Here's the first bit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obY-mQTPy4A

TheElephant

Posted Mon Mar 9th, 2009 11:49am Post subject: Films and Fame XL
Ahh, they don't put the XL version of QI on the I-Player, baffles me as to why not.
You can however watch it on Youtube, if you can a) actually see and her it because lately they have a tendancy to be a silly stoopid and b) if you can be bothered to search around and find the other 4 bits.
Here's the first bit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obY-mQTPy4A

They do actually, but it doesn't appear if you search for it for some reason.
The same subject came up on the QI forum, and the solution is to take the following path:

TV Channels>BBC2>Saturday

and you should then be able to see it in the list.

This weeks is here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00j093t/b00j6r3s/QI_Series_6_Film/

ginj

Member *

Posted Mon Mar 9th, 2009 11:54am Post subject: Films and Fame XL
Ah, thank you for the You Tube link. I had searched yesterday, but was only able to find the shortened version. Will check out the XL edition during lunch today.

Katrina

Posted Mon Mar 9th, 2009 4:58pm Post subject: Films and Fame XL
It was pretty much the best episode ever. I also enjoyed Stephen's discomfort! X-D

Because I'd totally pull an Emma if Stephen was my BFF!

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

gadgetgirl

Posted Mon Mar 9th, 2009 5:14pm Post subject: Films and Fame XL
Thanks for the iPlayer tip TheElephant, I'd been using the search only and hadn't spotted that. I missed the XL on saturday and have to catch up. I was suprised not to see the luvvie alarm go off in the normal edition this week X-D I enjoyed ET tremendously, bring her on again please!

That would be me.

Soph

Posted Mon Mar 9th, 2009 6:15pm Post subject: Films and Fame XL
I love Emma Thompson even more now, shes officially my favourite QI guest. ;D We just need more Emma on QI and I'll be a bouncey, happy bunny.
It was so sweet hearing them reminisce and Stephen seemed a little embarassed. But golly, Stephen must be a good friend to not give up after seven hours of fixing Emma's computer/script problem. xD And he fixed it 'cause he's so, so clever. And 'cause he's Stephen : ]

My most favourite moment; Stephen with the coconut, putting them together and saying "..Do you not think it sounds like a horse!?" His bottom lip sticking out, with the most endearing expression on his cute little face lol. :-//

They do actually, but it doesn't appear if you search for it for some reason.
The same subject came up on the QI forum, and the solution is to take the following path:

TV Channels>BBC2>Saturday

and you should then be able to see it in the list.

This weeks is here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00j093t/b00j6r3s/QI_Series_6_Film/

It's been there all along.
Thankie, thankie !

Photobucket

ginj

Member *

Posted Mon Mar 9th, 2009 6:51pm Post subject: Films and Fame XL
It really was a sweet story. And it was so Stephen, both in his embarrassment and in his determination to "fix" it. Very cute.

jason

Posted Tue Mar 10th, 2009 9:02pm Post subject: Films and Fame XL
NOOOO... i missed it! and my digital recorder failed on me! ooohh well iPlayer here I come!