Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Tootall

Posted Sun Apr 19th, 2009 12:59am Post subject: Finding "Latin!" or "Tobacco and Boys"
Hello folks, first time poster here.

I'm a would be Acting student, applying to drama schools and in need to quickly replace a monologue I was using for another, the tutor recommended something from "Latin! or Tobacco and Boys" but for the life of me I can't find a copy anywhere.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks!

Soupy Twist

Posted Sun Apr 19th, 2009 8:47am Post subject: Finding "Latin!" or "Tobacco and Boys"
Welcome, Tootall. Latin! is published in Stephen Fry's 'Paperweight'.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Apr 19th, 2009 1:49pm Post subject: Finding "Latin!" or "Tobacco and Boys"
Is it? I didn't know that. I have so much to learn yet. Thanks for posting that, Soupy, I will have to look for Paperweight, because I am very interested in reading Latin.

As a quick aside, Soupy, we were at the dog park yesterday, and there was a very cute Westie there. Everytime he ran past I said "Soupy Twist" (because of your avatar).

Soupy Twist

Posted Tue Apr 21st, 2009 9:30am Post subject: Finding "Latin!" or "Tobacco and Boys"
Is it? I didn't know that. I have so much to learn yet. Thanks for posting that, Soupy, I will have to look for Paperweight, because I am very interested in reading Latin.
You will love Paperweight, not only Latin! but also the brilliant Donald-Trefusis-texts and othert brilliant articles. Paperweight is a gem!

As a quick aside, Soupy, we were at the dog park yesterday, and there was a very cute Westie there. Everytime he ran past I said "Soupy Twist" (because of your avatar).

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Apr 25th, 2009 5:21pm Post subject: Finding "Latin!" or "Tobacco and Boys"
I have just opened up my copy of Paperweight, and I have to say it is in very good condition. Can't wait to start reading it. Thanks again, Soupy Twist.