Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

meekychuppet

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 8:23pm Post subject: Firebox is about to crash it's servers
When you guys see THIS

ClareBear

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 10:18pm Post subject: Firebox is about to crash it's servers
Me wants the USB hub

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Wed Apr 11th, 2007 10:21pm Post subject: Firebox is about to crash it's servers
mmmm not really into the ol' Dr. Whatsit....

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 1:12pm Post subject: Firebox is about to crash it's servers
I always envied a couple of kids I knew when I was 9 years old who had a TARDIS wendy house. Of course, it wasn't bigger on the inside but it was still the best Doctor Who toy I'd ever seen.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 1:14pm Post subject: Firebox is about to crash it's servers
mmmm not really into the ol' Dr. Whatsit....

Not your fault. I think a lot of the appeal of Doctor Who lies not in the fact that it's sci-fi, humour or adventure, but in the fact that the Doctor is English. Yes, I know the stories and scripts explicitly state that he's an alien, but in a metaphorical sense he's an Englishman. This is exactly what makes him an alien everywhere he goes; English people stick out like sore thumbs.

Gravesy

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 2:13pm Post subject: Firebox is about to crash it's servers
When you guys see THIS

We'll have to come up with a Fry related term to replace The Slashdot Effect

John Steed, I grew up with Sylvester McCoy and Ace as Dr Who and his companion. Is there any wonder that I was reluctant to watch the current series?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 2:17pm Post subject: Firebox is about to crash it's servers
I grew up with Tom Baker, but I only watched occasionally. I got hooked when he regenerated into Peter Davison because he'd been the Doctor for so long that young people didn't even know he could change. I watched the Davison era avidly and lost touch after Colin Baker's first season, though I don't know why. I had nothing against him like so many of the CB haters out there. I only caught up with McCoy a few years ago when a friend with whom I shared a bedsit happened to have the most complete set of Doctor Who videos I'd ever seen. Personally I thought McCoy was very good indeed. In fact I like every single one of them for entirely different reasons.

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 3:17pm Post subject: Firebox is about to crash it's servers
Not your fault. I think a lot of the appeal of Doctor Who lies not in the fact that it's sci-fi, humour or adventure, but in the fact that the Doctor is English. Yes, I know the stories and scripts explicitly state that he's an alien, but in a metaphorical sense he's an Englishman. This is exactly what makes him an alien everywhere he goes; English people stick out like sore thumbs.

No Im not sure that would be it, I dont have a problem with English men, or any of the English to be true. I think its because it was never on in my house, I never watched it growing up, I never really seen any of the old versions, I only heard of it in passing from my parents. When the new one came along, I didnt watch the first lot, so I kinda lost track of it all.

Aoibheann

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 3:55pm Post subject: Firebox is about to crash it's servers

No Im not sure that would be it, I dont have a problem with English men, or any of the English to be true. I think its because it was never on in my house, I never watched it growing up, I never really seen any of the old versions, I only heard of it in passing from my parents. When the new one came along, I didnt watch the first lot, so I kinda lost track of it all.

know what you mean... always thought it was more of a boys thing myself

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 8:04pm Post subject: Firebox is about to crash it's servers
I've never really understood the argument that cult tv programmes were somehow a boys only arena. What, by contrast, would be the female equivalents - programmes appealing to women as strongly as they believe Doctor Who does just to boys?

Aoibheann

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 8:30pm Post subject: Firebox is about to crash it's servers
I dont think ALL cult tv shows are boys things, just Dr.Who.

I was born to late for the whole Dr Who thingy. Didnt really have any interest in it when it started up again with Eccleston.

David is VERY attrective tho.

meekychuppet

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 8:35pm Post subject: Firebox is about to crash it's servers
I dont think ALL cult tv shows are boys things, just Dr.Who.

I was born to late for the whole Dr Who thingy. Didnt really have any interest in it when it started up again with Eccleston.

David is VERY attrective tho.

The OC, Hollyoaks, Beverly Hills 90210, Heartbreak High, Dawsons Creek...

For boys my arse.

Aoibheann

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 8:40pm Post subject: Firebox is about to crash it's servers
I LOVE the O.C!!!! went on holiday with my mam to California for a month a few years ago and saw them filming it on malibu beach! It was cool.

Kaseryn

Posted Thu Apr 12th, 2007 9:11pm Post subject: Firebox is about to crash it's servers
I had the Tardis wendy house. It WAS bigger inside. Honest. Tom Baker was my era and preferred to later incarnations. Though i haven't really watched many of their episodes i'm always very impressed with hartnell/partwee and troughton tho..

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Apr 13th, 2007 12:37pm Post subject: Firebox is about to crash it's servers

For boys my arse.

*snigger*