Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

poeticallyblind

Posted Sat Oct 25th, 2008 4:12am Post subject: Following Stephen on Twitter
I have a question regarding response to Stephen's tweets...is this something that only the staff and select realtime friends are allowed to do? I promise on the queen, on my honour and on my country (no much good at the minute!) not to twitter-stalk him, but I have been tempted in the last bit to respond to some of the stunning photos...would love to interact in this way, but ABSOLUTELY do not want to a)bother him b) break some kind of cardinal "Stephen Fry site" rule...can someone please advise?

Thanks lots!
Janet xo

dulieGirl

Posted Sat Oct 25th, 2008 4:41am Post subject: Following Stephen on Twitter
I don't think it's an issue. If you're signed in to Twitter you should be able to post. I think most of the people leaving the messages on the pictures are just random people on Twitter and not people Stephen knows personally. I know some of them are even posters here on this forum. You should be fine to leave the "wow great photo" comment on his picture posts. But, I'm not 100% sure since I don't use Twitter, so I can only look at the photos, I don't have an option to post.

IdeaCollector

Posted Sat Oct 25th, 2008 5:10am Post subject: Following Stephen on Twitter
Nonsense it won't bother him at all. That's why they are posted.

No guarantee of a reply back though as he watches a huge number of people and certainly can't read all the notes. It would make my head swim to follow that many people.

But comment like your life depends on it

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Ctrl+Alt+Del

Posted Sat Oct 25th, 2008 5:46am Post subject: Following Stephen on Twitter
Feel free to tweet-back to him. His only request (which you can find in the early tweets if you go through his history) is that people not bug him about new blogs, articles, projects etc. It's meant to be a bit of a fun thing I think, not some sort of complaints line

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Oct 25th, 2008 9:30am Post subject: Following Stephen on Twitter
As far as I can tell he's happy to get any responses to photos, he certainly keeps entertaining us with more. He did seem very amused at the Rhino ear ones. So was I for that matter! The only request he's made (as Ctrl+Alt+Del said) is that there is no work related requests e.g. to give speeches. The only stress is on me to try and think of something amusing (and failing :D)

That would be me.

amberzak

Posted Sun Oct 26th, 2008 11:20pm Post subject: Following Stephen on Twitter
You can respond to anything he writes. Sometimes he even picks up on things people are writing and makes comments too.

But yes, we are all replying to his pictures and to all his comments. And we are not (or at least I hope not) twitter stalkers.

He encourages people to interact as far as I can tell

sprungl

Posted Mon Oct 27th, 2008 10:04pm Post subject: Following Stephen on Twitter
He is very nice on Twitter and he even replied back to me once, which of course made my day, or even year . And I don't know or ever meet him, sadly.So I guess its okay to twitter back to Stephen.

gadgetgirl

Posted Wed Nov 5th, 2008 11:17am Post subject: Following Stephen on Twitter
Is the twitter feed on the site not working? It still seems to have yesterdays messages about water.

That would be me.

amberzak

Posted Wed Nov 5th, 2008 11:20am Post subject: Following Stephen on Twitter
Is the twitter feed on the site not working? It still seems to have yesterdays messages about water.

I have noticed that that happens sometimes. It will catch up.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Nov 11th, 2008 7:01pm Post subject: Following Stephen on Twitter
He seems to be encouraging his fans to interact with him. He occasionally replies to people's tweets though he has something like 15,000+ followers now so he can't read everything everyone sends him. I don't doubt his home page is flooded. It's still nice of him to keep us updated on what he's doing on his journey. I love all the pictures he posts. ^_^

Assuming direct control...

CAFR

Posted Sun Feb 8th, 2009 3:25am Post subject: Following Stephen on Twitter
His recent Tweets when stuck in a lift were the sort of thing Twitter was created for, in my opinion. Superb.