Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Maren

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 5:11pm Post subject: FOOD...
Today I'm going to fry asparagus with little pieces of fish (Mai-Mai), ham, onions and tomatoes, we'll have baked potatoes with it and a Riesling.

For lunch I had a big cup of strawberries.

Zefla

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 8:04pm Post subject: FOOD...
Fishfinger sandwiches.

*kills thread dead*

As long as its got spinach and tartare sauce on it. I'll eat it. Now I want one damn you. I don't want my actual food! Salad and jacket potato with cheese. I'm in love with spinach and radishes at the moment.

Actually...sod it. I want to go to New Orleans...mmmm cajun and creole food.....*insert drool*

Red Raven

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 8:15pm Post subject: FOOD...
*insert drool*

*expel drool*

^I fixed it for you

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 8:25pm Post subject: FOOD...

let's talk about food.

Let's talk about food baby
Let's talk about you and me
Let's talk about all the good things and the bad things that may be
Let's talk about food

X-D

the threads that do not evolve into food talk evolve into below the waist talk, so maybe that and the original sum up everything.

iiiiiiii waaaaaaaaant...what do i want today?

i want a bbq sliced beef basket with a slice of bread and some coleslaw or sliced tomatoes and banana peppers. which have not grown yet. i will have to wait till later in the summer for that. and then have watermelon.

ysabella

Posted Thu Jun 5th, 2008 12:34am Post subject: FOOD...
I just had some BBQ brisket last week where they left this fatty strip along the side - I've never seen that before, I guess everyone cuts it off. OMG, it was SUPAH BOMBAD GOOD.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Jun 5th, 2008 1:17am Post subject: FOOD...
awe, man, always leave the fat on things while it's cooking, otherwise it dries out in the process.

i wonder...then...do people cut it off between cooking and serving??

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu Jun 5th, 2008 1:43am Post subject: FOOD...
Jalapeno Poppers

Photobucket

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

j9r

Posted Thu Jun 5th, 2008 1:46am Post subject: FOOD...
Food glorious food....

There is a local place that does fried olives - olives stuffed with anchovies then breaded and fried, with fresh lemon on top. Too die for. Wouldn't do all of that work my self but sure willing to eat the fruits of someone else's labor.

Or pulled pork sandwiches, homemade coleslaw on the side with a good COLD beer......or mac and cheese, yum.

Okay, now I have to make dinner.....

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka

JSKanga84

Posted Thu Jun 5th, 2008 3:39am Post subject: FOOD...
I need to make banana bread this week; I've got 3 overripe bananas. And I want to make some ratatouille, and maybe some mozzarella and tomato salad. mmmmm.

Britannicus

Posted Thu Jun 5th, 2008 4:04am Post subject: FOOD...
Oooh...we made this chicken a week or so ago that was soooo good! I was craving chicken that had tomato sauce on it, but the closest recipe we could find called for crushed tomatoes. Well, we didn't have crushed, but we did have stewed, so close enough. And we didn't have white wine, or some of the spices. So we let some onions and carrots stew together for a while the chicken breast strips fried up, then into the carrot-onion mix we threw in some cumin, a tiny bit of chili powder, and -- because we needed some sort of fluid to keep it from all boiling away -- we chucked in a can of french onion soup. After that had simmered a bit, we put in the tomatoes, and then dumped the mixture into the pan with the chicken and let it marinate for about an hour until the liquid bit had thickened up. Oh God it ended up so good. It was almost sweet. Very yum.

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Red Raven

Posted Thu Jun 5th, 2008 4:21am Post subject: FOOD...
For dinner tonight I had a 16oz ribeye, medium rare with baked potato and salad. It was so good! I have a bit left over that I'll eat for lunch tomorrow, I can't wait. We ate at a place called Texas Roadhouse, first time I ever ate there and it was a damn good steak!

Help

Posted Thu Jun 5th, 2008 6:15am Post subject: FOOD...
Fishfinger sandwiches.

*kills thread dead*

With loads of ketchup?
YES PLEASE

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Jun 5th, 2008 6:47am Post subject: FOOD...
Jalapeno Poppers

Photobucket

Aaaaargh! Damn you Toby!

katysara

Posted Thu Jun 5th, 2008 11:13am Post subject: FOOD...
Clare I love fish finger sandwiches too. But I have to have a little salad cream on it. I wish I was going to Toby's for dinner...

I can't think of anything that England/UK does that is disgusting - maybe the Scottish invention of deep fried Mars bars (also some places do deep fried Snickers and deep fried Cadbury's Creme Eggs... and it seems people are trying it with all sorts of things now like Oreos and Reeses Cups). Or black pudding (basically blood sausage - yes, made out of congealed blood). These are eaten by thousands of Brits every week.

Deep fried Mars bar:

See black pudding (the black bit in the picture!):

Which, believe it or not, also comes deep fried in batter (like the Mars bars):

I tried black pudding once - I've never had a deep fried chocolate anything - OMbanana there must be 500+ kcals per bar, depending on how thick the batter is.

KSx

I am an administrator on this site.

"Having a great intellect is no path to being happy."
~ Stephen Fry

See my website: www.katysaraculling.com

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Jun 5th, 2008 10:16pm Post subject: FOOD...
yeah, black pudding sounds creepy to me.

thinking about that makes my eyes wince up.