Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Shyamz

Posted Thu Jun 4th, 2009 6:59pm Post subject: For fans of Captain Slow.

Isn't she the girl that he was in the car with? I assume it's for TV purposes only but then maybe not.
I can hardly imagin he'd be complaining!
I think James may have had some explaining to do when he got home

That's what I was thinking. Even the nicest woman would be a bit put off by the idea of her guy spending so much time hanging round a young tit model more than half his age.8-O

It's a bit of a step backward for Top Gear I think.
Just because they sometimes choose-wrongly-to listen to some of the criticism the show gets, doesn't mean they have to act on any of it. If they wanted to take a show that-despite what years of criticism has claimed-has never been sexist at all and make it so, then well done, you've done it.

To include a one-of woman in a show or even a new presenter, because they want to (and one who has a genuine interest in cars or racing for that matter) is one thing. But to pick a tit-modeling teenager who seems to be there just as a "James-gets-the-hot-girl" joke is stupid...and insulting to the many long-term fans the show has.

With literally millions of fans worldwide, there must be a couple of hundred who contact the show regularly to tell them what they get up to and to share their rallying or other motoring exploits with them, and would probably cut of a few limbs for a chance like that. It stands to reason that many of these people must be women.
Any one of those would have been much more deserving of that opportunity, and it would have been quite a nice gesture too I think (to the fans), if they picked one of them at random and let them try something most of them might never otherwise get the chance to do.
(And I don't contact the show or even have a car so I 'm not saying it in an "It-should-have-been-me" way before anyone says. I freely admit I wouldn't be any use to anyone taking part in a rally).

Talk about pissing on their chips, if I was a regular e-mailer to the show I'd be so mad right now thinking they'd picked a kid with (as far as I know) NO experience what so ever over one of them who likes cars, and who might actually be of some use.

Shyamz

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 12:36am Post subject: For fans of Captain Slow.

Sep 17-James May Memoir.
I could be a little bit excited for this X-D

I noticed it to, but also noticed that the listing on Amazon has been removed, which isn't a good sign in my experience (I had a series 1and 2 DVD of the sit-com Perfect World saved in one of my wishlists for me to buy when it was released, but that was removed about four months before it was due to come out and it has never been back since. Which is bad seeing as Amazon always get anything new that comes out).

I wonder what happened?

tui

Posted Sat Jun 13th, 2009 9:49pm Post subject: For fans of Captain Slow.
Oh dear! oh dear!

21st June 9pm, James and Stephen on at same time

Thats like asking me to choose between dairy milk and galaxy!

Shyamz

Posted Sat Jun 13th, 2009 11:14pm Post subject: For fans of Captain Slow.
S***t, is that when Top Gear comes back? Sorry but Top Gear wins with me every time.

tui

Posted Sat Jun 13th, 2009 11:23pm Post subject: For fans of Captain Slow.
S***t, is that when Top Gear comes back? Sorry but Top Gear wins with me every time.

TG on at 8pm
Kingdom clashes with James' moon programme :'(

yep top gear would win with me too

Fiona

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 12:40am Post subject: For fans of Captain Slow.
Thought my fellow Mr May fans would appreciate this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-11.....arted.html

Help

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 2:03am Post subject: For fans of Captain Slow.

I was just coming to post that very thing!
YUMMY!

Shyamz

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 6:14pm Post subject: For fans of Captain Slow.

TG on at 8pm
Kingdom clashes with James' moon programme :'(

yep top gear would win with me too

So much May in one night!

Shyamz

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 6:27pm Post subject: For fans of Captain Slow.

Well that's just filth...

EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Shyamz

Posted Mon Jun 22nd, 2009 12:06am Post subject: For fans of Captain Slow.
On a perfectly serious note (for once in my case) did anyone see part one of the moon series? Even not as a May fan you'd have to admit that was genuinely interesting.

Help

Posted Mon Jun 22nd, 2009 12:19pm Post subject: For fans of Captain Slow.
I saw every single minute

Not really a fan of the moon but I found the programme genuinely interesting.
I did feel a bit sorry for him when he was spinning around the place, it made him look a LOT older for some reason.
I think it was good because you could see just how much James was loving every single minute of it.

Shyamz

Posted Sun Jul 5th, 2009 5:17pm Post subject: For fans of Captain Slow.
Apparently he's also going to be on Friday Night With Johnathan Ross on the 10th of this month, which is nice.
Not sure how I feel about him doing that show really. Not that I have any problem with Ross, it just doesn't strike me as May's sort of thing.

Help

Posted Mon Jul 6th, 2009 2:16pm Post subject: For fans of Captain Slow.
Apparently he's also going to be on Friday Night With Johnathan Ross on the 10th of this month, which is nice.
Not sure how I feel about him doing that show really. Not that I have any problem with Ross, it just doesn't strike me as May's sort of thing.

Ooo thanks for this information

Shyamz

Posted Tue Jul 7th, 2009 2:47pm Post subject: For fans of Captain Slow.
I'd love to see him stood next to Hammond.

Stephen's about 6'5", which is the same height as Clarkson, so Hammond would look pretty much the same next to Stephen as he does Jeremy. Which is weird as Stephen normally seems to be taller than everyone else regardless.

Shyamz

Posted Sat Jul 11th, 2009 2:09pm Post subject: For fans of Captain Slow.

Ooo thanks for this information

Saw it, and Ross completely missed the point I thought.
It would be great to be trapped in a lift with James May, as he'd never be short of things to talk about.