Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Mon Sep 7th, 2009 4:23am Post subject: For Nitro! Poetry I should be shot for having the audacity to write

Tito, your heart achingly, soul wrenchingly, cheek gnawingly bad poetry is absolutely WONDERFUL! Thank you, thank you...you get first place

Maxx and Quantum, keep it up because although you're not as prolific as Tito, you show decided talent.

Really? Wow.

Maxx England

Posted Mon Sep 7th, 2009 5:58pm Post subject: For Nitro! Poetry I should be shot for having the audacity to write

I stand and watch
the clock

I have clocked the watch on
the stand

I will stand by the clock
and watch

Waiting
Serving
Clearing up

You pay me by
the clock

For a job I cannot
stand

No star, I, no fans standing by
to watch

My collating
my deserving
my gearing up

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

Nitro

Posted Tue Sep 8th, 2009 4:16am Post subject: For Nitro! Poetry I should be shot for having the audacity to write

Maxx, I think you should drive into work on your motorbike and mow the place down, and then post that poem right above your bosses desk <<<<grin>>>>

Really? Wow.

Maxx England

Posted Tue Sep 8th, 2009 9:56pm Post subject: For Nitro! Poetry I should be shot for having the audacity to write

Mastic plasters my soul and seals my weals
The putty of the mind stops the rain on the pane
And silicone vinegar smell tells me I am dry
Though it makes water run from my eye.

I am armoured against your storms by the stucco
You cannot rain hail snow me, fine bucko
Blow wind blow and crack your cheeks
Because I can sit in here for weeks and weeks.

I have candles and firewood and torches
And raise up my hearth so it scorches
So where's your tempests and squalls
When I can sit open legged and warm my.....knees?

tito

Member *

Posted Tue Sep 8th, 2009 10:32pm Post subject: For Nitro! Poetry I should be shot for having the audacity to write

Maxx England said:
Mastic plasters my soul and seals my weals
The putty of the mind stops the rain on the pane
And silicone vinegar smell tells me I am dry
Though it makes water run from my eye.

I am armoured against your storms by the stucco
You cannot rain hail snow me, fine bucko
Blow wind blow and crack your cheeks
Because I can sit in here for weeks and weeks.

I have candles and firewood and torches
And raise up my hearth so it scorches
So where's your tempests and squalls
When I can sit open legged and warm my.....knees?

quantumofire

Posted Wed Sep 9th, 2009 3:13am Post subject: For Nitro! Poetry I should be shot for having the audacity to write

W H Auden wrote-

A poet, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language. Whether this love is a sign of his poetic gift or the gift itself - for falling in love is not chosen - I don't know, but it is certainly the sign by which one recognizes whether a young man is potentially a poet or not.

He also wrote-

"Why do you want to write poetry?" If the young man answers: "I have important things I want to say," then he is not a poet. If he answers: "I like hanging around words listening to what they say," then maybe he is going to be a poet.

http://quantumofire.blogspot.com/

Breaking contradictions in his mind was, to him, like walking through a winter forest snapping twigs underfoot.

Nitro

Posted Wed Sep 9th, 2009 4:41am Post subject: For Nitro! Poetry I should be shot for having the audacity to write

I'm digging on Maxx's streak here of inspired spewetry And I say that with all the love in my black little heart. Keep it up Maxx and maybe Tito will step back in, any minute now. So far, I'm really enjoying it. So thanks to you all.

Words words ye squawking birds
sing shrill or sing low as a blow
below the belt of protest and peeve
Bellow your words on the wind, then to me

how's that for some cack?

Really? Wow.

Maxx England

Posted Wed Sep 9th, 2009 8:06pm Post subject: For Nitro! Poetry I should be shot for having the audacity to write

There are traffic lights outside
better there than in here

There's no room in here for a car
to speed up and change gear

But even though it can't reach thirty
or more
at least it'll never get dirty
from our carpeted floor

We're in a flat with a lift
and what car will fit in?

Take metal teeth to a shorten big one
and leave it all chewed and bitten.

quantumofire

Posted Wed Sep 9th, 2009 8:59pm Post subject: For Nitro! Poetry I should be shot for having the audacity to write

I burn! I burn everything!
All the promises! The smiles, false!
All the malice, sharp and cold!
And knowing how savage your intentions were-
I burn everything!

But tomorrow?
It was a luxury, given by time.
Another of my crimes-
Good inventions left to die,
As the old routine beckons.
Yes!
I burn! I burn everything!

Breaking contradictions in his mind was, to him, like walking through a winter forest snapping twigs underfoot.

Maxx England

Posted Wed Sep 9th, 2009 10:46pm Post subject: For Nitro! Poetry I should be shot for having the audacity to write

Something missing, let's see what happens now. No, that's not brought it back to life. Try again.

Maxx England

Posted Wed Sep 9th, 2009 10:47pm Post subject: For Nitro! Poetry I should be shot for having the audacity to write

Try another enter and edit. And again, nothing emerges. Odd. Odder and odder. Odder and Stoughton, even.

quantumofire

Posted Wed Sep 9th, 2009 11:53pm Post subject: For Nitro! Poetry I should be shot for having the audacity to write

I am a tread upon a thread,
Pulled through time.
I ne'er saw no self begin,
So ne'er will see it die.

quantumofire

Posted Thu Sep 10th, 2009 3:58am Post subject: For Nitro! Poetry I should be shot for having the audacity to write

Auden-

In the first stages of his development, before he has found his distinctive style, the poet is, as it were, engaged to language and, like any young man who is courting, it is right and proper that he should play the chivalrous servant, carry parcels,submit to tests and humiliations, wait hours at street corners, and defer to his beloved's slightest whims, but once he has proved his love and been accepted, then it is another matter. Once he is married, he must be master in his own house and be responsible for their relationship.

Auden-

Poets, like husbands, are good, bad and indifferent. Some are Victorian tyrants who treat language like a doormat, some are dreadfully hen-pecked, some bored, some unfaithful. For all of them, there are periods of tension, brawls, sulky silences, and, for many, divorce after a few passionate years.

Nitro

Posted Thu Sep 10th, 2009 3:09pm Post subject: For Nitro! Poetry I should be shot for having the audacity to write

And some stay together in spite of their irreconcible differences. In a minority of cases, one or both eventually go insane.

Really? Wow.

tito

Member *

Posted Thu Sep 10th, 2009 4:50pm Post subject: For Nitro! Poetry I should be shot for having the audacity to write

Some of the happiest marriages I have ever known have been occupied by insane people.

'Isn't that right shed, shed, near door?'

Sorry, just had a quick word with husband!