Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

@AceKildare

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 1:51am Post subject: For Stephen and any Twitterers who'd like to...
First of all, hello. I hope this post finds you well.

I've been trying to bring this little idea to the notice of Mr Fry for the last few days via Twitter, but I do realise that his timeline is swamped daily from fans and the like and he couldn't possibly read each one, never mind reply to them all.

To that end I finally had an epiphany and thought I'd try to post this here, first it would reach a wider audience faster and second I can stop polluting dear Stephen's timeline with constant tweets.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to provide a link to a blog post, which I will do now: http://tinyurl.com/dal7wy

If you are so inclined Stephen, or any other fellow Twitterers that may be reading this, could you please read the post. If you are not interested in brightening up someone's day so be it, if you are then by all means please join in.

The one thing I will ask is that you ReTweet the link to the post so others can read it and decide for themselves whether or not it's a worthwhile venture.

I hope many of you will join in, and ReTweet the post as I think it would be nice to see the idea spread and catch on.

Thanks for reading,
@AceKildare

ps. If you decide to go along with it, could you possibly @reply me so that I know? It has also been suggested that we tag the tweets #RToK, I'm not sure what exactly these tags do but I have seen them used quite a bit so I think having them added would be a good idea.
Thanks again.

gjhsu

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 2:22am Post subject: For Stephen and any Twitterers who'd like to...
This looks like a fun idea.

The #hashtags make it easier for people to search Twitter for people's posts on a similar subject.

@AceKildare

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 2:30am Post subject: For Stephen and any Twitterers who'd like to...
Thanks. You going to join in?

@AceKildare

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 2:33pm Post subject: For Stephen and any Twitterers who'd like to...
So nobody else is playing?

Help

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 2:39pm Post subject: For Stephen and any Twitterers who'd like to...
I think if you start it with #Random Tweet of Kindness, the hash makes it easier for people to find.
I am following you on Twitter. Why is that because you follow people on there it sounds like you're stalking them and obviously I'm not.

fanoffry

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 4:39pm Post subject: For Stephen and any Twitterers who'd like to...
What a nice idea. I'll try and play... when I've woken up a bit.

@AceKildare

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 6:53pm Post subject: For Stephen and any Twitterers who'd like to...
Fantastic, the more the merrier.