Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Shaun Griffiths

Posted Wed Sep 25th, 2013 5:43pm Post subject: Fraud

Mr Fry,
I have now come to the conclusion that you are a complete fraud.
Re: your open letter to Mr Cameron and IOC, you are happy enough to tell the world of your own opinions, but seem unwilling to publish or debate with anyone with an alternative view to your own.
Please see my reply to the above mentioned letter that is still awaiting review !, if ever !:
"Your comment is awaiting moderation. 17 August, 2013 at 11:48 pm - See more at: http://www.stephenfry.com/2013/08/07/an-open-lette.....c/#respond. "
Please remove my account and delete all personal information you may hold on my email or machine ID from your web site. How very dissapointing.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Oct 1st, 2013 12:07pm Post subject: Fraud

Have you seen the state of the forum here? It appears to have been in this spammed to hell and back state for months now and the site admin seem to be gone so I'm not surprised you haven't had a reply or your post moderated. The staff behind the scenes are clearly overwhelmed by all the spam so I don't imagine moderation of blog posts is a high priority of the moment. That besides, did you seriously expect a personal response from Stephen Fry on your blog post?! I've never seen him reply to blog posts or to posts on this forum. He's not the one running the site (as far as I cant tell), it's a team of admin and moderators. How many celebrities do you know personally run forums and respond to every single message? It would be quite insane I thought to even try. But it doesn't make them a fraud. It just means you're being unrealistic.

Assuming direct control...

Andrew Lawson

Posted Tue Oct 1st, 2013 12:39pm Post subject: Fraud

I think the moderators are at work somewhere in the background. I posted a reply to one of Stephen's blogs and it spent one day under moderation then vanished. I don't know the reason for it being removed but suspect it was to save my blushes, (I was quite candid in sharing my personal experiences in a spirit of empathy).
Whatever the reason someone decided it was unfit.
It would be nice to think Stephen occasionally visited the site but I fear Amy is probably right, he must be far, far too busy.
I personally applaud Stephen's open letter re. the 2014 winter Olympics. As a nation that has always stood for freedom and tolerance we simply cannot condone this evil persecution of the homosexual community by Mr. Putin which we will be doing if we participate in the games.
Evil happens when good people do nothing.

Andrew Lawson

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Oct 11th, 2013 12:25pm Post subject: Fraud

It's Amyl not Amy.

Assuming direct control...

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Oct 11th, 2013 11:18pm Post subject: Fraud

The blog is all Stephen, and as such we have no ability to mod there.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

TobiasMonk

Posted Fri Oct 18th, 2013 6:18pm Post subject: Fraud

Shaun Griffiths said:
Mr Fry,
I have now come to the conclusion that you are a complete fraud.
Re: your open letter to Mr Cameron and IOC, you are happy enough to tell the world of your own opinions, but seem unwilling to publish or debate with anyone with an alternative view to your own.
Please see my reply to the above mentioned letter that is still awaiting review !, if ever !:
"Your comment is awaiting moderation. 17 August, 2013 at 11:48 pm - See more at: http://www.stephenfry.com/2013/08/07/an-open-lette.....c/#respond. "
Please remove my account and delete all personal information you may hold on my email or machine ID from your web site. How very dissapointing.

Take your head out of your ass, it needs airing. Your head that is, I've no idea what state your ass is in.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

UlyKnope

Posted Tue Oct 22nd, 2013 7:23am Post subject: Fraud

I see the forum is closing, I suppose i will have to resort to using twitter though i dont understand hashtags for the life of me. Im 22 by the way which makes for a good laugh that im not "all up in that" yet.

To add to this, thank you moderators for being so responsive and as to Mr. Fry's blog, I wrote a reply still in waiting, but I'd be glad without a response just knowing that he might have read it at all. To me, that is a true gift.