Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Jun 7th, 2007 3:15pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Have you seen this Fryphile?

That was great! Clive Anderson is slightly prat-ish, but there you go.

Peter CooK! Why do I know that name?

Because Peter Cook is a total comedy legend and genius and is so utterly utterly utter?

Check out his work on youtube, he was brilliant. Bedazzled is one of my favourite films ever and shouldn't be missed. Tragically I Was An Only Twin shows off his writing at it's best. He truly was brilliant and he never lost it. Even his last pieces of work were quality.

I love that episode of Whose Line is it anyway? There used to be more clips of it on youtube but some have sadly been removed such as the props and authors rounds and the ending due to a user violation. Here are the remaining ones:

Peter Cook rapping about babies being born - sadly the rest of the round isn't included, it cuts off before Stephen's rap and the clip that included his is now gone.

Smoking - spot the Saturday Night Fry joke!

Blue Movie - John Sessions and Josie Lawrence in this clip. Stephen and Peter's bit you've already seen in the clip John Steed linked.

Shame about the props clip not being up anymore. Peter Cook and John Session's bit was funny. Peter Cook got carried away as usual like in the rap round but that's what we love about him. Stephen and Josie's bit was really funny too - a Dr Who joke involving bubblewrap.

And did I mention Peter Cook is just so utterly utterly utterly utter and uber squishy? ^_^

Assuming direct control...

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Jun 7th, 2007 7:39pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
[Does that work on all tall, dark and handsome men?
But wait.. there is an extreme lack of tall dark men here!!
What to do. .what to do! X-D

Go to Italy X-D X-D

I find this hard to believe... In the last millenium, I attended a Fulbright seminar and there were 2 Swedes, and they were both tall and dark - perhaps the only ones... and they are likely to have gone grey by now, or bald

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Jun 7th, 2007 7:44pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I think those mittens can fold over to cover his fingers and then be flipped back in case he needs to pinch someone. Or he could have a cobra up his sleeve.

I see thoroughly thought through, eh
BTW, that´s not a cobra! it´s the string sown to both mittens and run up one sleeve and down the other to make sure he won´t lose them - you know, as with toddlers X-D

Soupy Twist

Posted Thu Jun 7th, 2007 8:35pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
BTW, that´s not a cobra! it´s the string sown to both mittens and run up one sleeve and down the other to make sure he won´t lose them - you know, as with toddlers X-D

Aww, how cute is that?

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Jun 7th, 2007 8:48pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
BYT Producer: Stephen! Why are you so over-budget on this film????

Stephen: Keep losing my blasted mittens. B'oh!

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri Jun 8th, 2007 8:25am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
BYT Producer: Stephen! Why are you so over-budget on this film????

Stephen: Keep losing my blasted mittens. B'oh!

*flips back front part of mitten to grab hold of - a cup of coffee Tony has just made for him*

Perhaps we should all knit him nice pairs of mittens for Christmas, helps him save money which he could spend on making "The Stars´ Tennis Balls"

absolutely curtains

Posted Fri Jun 8th, 2007 12:07pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Have you seen this Fryphile?

That was great! Clive Anderson is slightly prat-ish, but there you go.

Peter CooK! Why do I know that name?

Because Peter Cook is a total comedy legend and genius and is so utterly utterly utter?

Check out his work on youtube, he was brilliant. Bedazzled is one of my favourite films ever and shouldn't be missed. Tragically I Was An Only Twin shows off his writing at it's best. He truly was brilliant and he never lost it. Even his last pieces of work were quality.

I love that episode of Whose Line is it anyway? There used to be more clips of it on youtube but some have sadly been removed such as the props and authors rounds and the ending due to a user violation. Here are the remaining ones:

Peter Cook rapping about babies being born - sadly the rest of the round isn't included, it cuts off before Stephen's rap and the clip that included his is now gone.

Smoking - spot the Saturday Night Fry joke!

Blue Movie - John Sessions and Josie Lawrence in this clip. Stephen and Peter's bit you've already seen in the clip John Steed linked.

Shame about the props clip not being up anymore. Peter Cook and John Session's bit was funny. Peter Cook got carried away as usual like in the rap round but that's what we love about him. Stephen and Josie's bit was really funny too - a Dr Who joke involving bubblewrap.

And did I mention Peter Cook is just so utterly utterly utterly utter and uber squishy? ^_^

X-D taxing cigarettes.

Now he's pretty gosh darn utter.

John Sessions? As in "John Sessions"?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Jun 8th, 2007 1:55pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Yeah John Sessions John Sessions.

I love it in the satire clip when Peter Cook starts going off on on with the speech and Stephen is just totally speechless and pulls a funny face. Awww. Throughout the episode Peter Cook seemed like he wasn't fully aware of the rules and kept going over his time and going off in other directions with his jokes but that's what he was best at. It must've been amazing to have seen him ive with Dudley Moore and in Beyond The Fringe. He'd annoy them all some nights by changing the lines and making stuff up as he went along because he was so much quicker witted then the others. It was also very funny whenever he managed to make Dudley Moore lose it and start laughing during sketches like in the art gallery sketch. And when I say Peter Cook was just so totally utter and squishy I meant when he was younger. In the late 60s and early 70s his hair looked like it was just asking to be ruffled.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Jun 8th, 2007 2:40pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
There’s a four in Stephen’s passcode.

And a seven!

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

absolutely curtains

Posted Fri Jun 8th, 2007 3:59pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Yeah John Sessions John Sessions.

I knew it!

Is there a Youtube clip of Stephen Fry rapping about childbirth?

And I love the art gallery sketch! They've both got such great voices. X-D

Fryphile - you have really excelled yourself stalking-wise.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Jun 8th, 2007 4:06pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
There once was but it's gone now. I've looked and looked for it along with the clip of them all faffing round with the props but they're both gone. Stephen's rap mentioned 'these awful stirrups'. X-D I've got clips of the whole episode in flv fomat in my files so if you want them sending just pm me (I've never sent flv ones before so I don't know if it'll work). You'll need to download an FLV Player to play the clips. There's also a converter you can download that'll make the files full-sized and playable in mediaplayer.

And I love the art gallery sketch! They've both got such great voices. X-D

I love it too. I love it when Dudley's trying eat his sandwich and Peter get's this naughty look in his eyes *melts* and Dudley starts choking on his sandwiches from laughing so much. X-D It's great how they didn't cut out all their corpses from the show. They're among the best bits!

ClareBear

Posted Fri Jun 8th, 2007 5:54pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Now I feel old.....remember seeing that advert when it aired.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri Jun 8th, 2007 7:54pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Do you know what old is - remembering watching the Pilot of A Bit of Fry and Laurie and fighting with your ex-sister-in-law-to-be over why Stephen is undoubtedly cuter than Hugh - THAT is OLD

Wildean

Posted Fri Jun 8th, 2007 8:46pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Those Whose Line clips were briliant! Peter Cook was a genius!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Jun 9th, 2007 4:00pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Picture this: You're in a cafe, minding your own business, of course. You have your tuna sandwich and a cherry Coke and you're about to dig in when you say to yourself, "I should put a napkin on my lap," because, you know, sometimes the tuna kinda squirts out of the back of the bread and you don't want your pants to get sullied, especially in the crotchal region because then you look like you wet yourself. So, as I say, you're minding your own business when you reach for a napkin and then:

HOLYJESUSGODFUCKINGCHRISTWTF