Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Britannicus

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 9:56am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
P o o f is a swear word?

...I gave in and looked it up. ...WTF is with this language? More like WTF is with people... But words are easier to reach. Poor words. *pats words on the head* There there. It's okay.

Kind of funny in an embarrassing way that we were running around shouting it like five-year-olds though. X-D

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Wildean

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 1:35pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
You want me, don't you?

Yes yes YES! *squeee*

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 1:57pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
P o o f is a swear word?

...I gave in and looked it up. ...WTF is with this language? More like WTF is with people... But words are easier to reach. Poor words. *pats words on the head* There there. It's okay.

Kind of funny in an embarrassing way that we were running around shouting it like five-year-olds though. X-D

Well the words that are altered through the swear filter are chosen by the admin on each forum so presumably the admin for this forum chose words that were derogatory terms for gay to be altered. I don't blame them for being precautionary. We have been lucky on here we could have very easily got trolls on here to say very unpleasant things about Stephen Fry. Like it said in that news article (can't find the link for it) a while back he's been targeted by a group since the WDYTYA? program for being homosexual and having Jewish roots and his taxi did get vandalised possibly for those reasons or just random thuggery (as thugs do) so I guess it's better to be cautious.

Assuming direct control...

Soupy Twist

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 2:19pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
are there any other words like poof that get altered on this forum?

whattocallmyself

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 2:29pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Anyone feel like giving it a try? Name all the bad words you know!

No.. its not going to be me!
..But I want to try the p o o f thing..and maybe the f a g, just to be like all the other children here!

poof
fag

Onwards and Upwards!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 2:35pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
There was a request to have a "Stephen Wearing Weird Stuff" week. Here we have him wrapped up and ready to be mailed to Hugh as a birthday present.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 2:41pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Oh wow I've never seen that one Fryphile. And yay you're doing the weird things Stephen's worn week! *hugs Fryphile*

Lovely Jane

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 3:46pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

but where are his other chins?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 3:55pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
but where are his other chins?

I stole them! Mine now. haha. Bye. *runs away*

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 6:37pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
You want me, don't you?

How many years back was this picture taken?

Britannicus

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 7:06pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Well the words that are altered through the swear filter are chosen by the admin on each forum so presumably the admin for this forum chose words that were derogatory terms for gay to be altered. I don't blame them for being precautionary. We have been lucky on here we could have very easily got trolls on here to say very unpleasant things about Stephen Fry.

Yeah, I don't blame them for filtering it either. I had no idea p o o f even had a second meaning... Seriously, who the hell chooses these words for slang? Cause really...p o o f? What a stupid word. Now given an even stupider meaning. Sigh.

Like it said in that news article (can't find the link for it) a while back he's been targeted by a group since the WDYTYA? program for being homosexual and having Jewish roots and his taxi did get vandalised possibly for those reasons or just random thuggery (as thugs do) so I guess it's better to be cautious

...Well there's my answer right there. It's stupid people that give stupid meanings to already stupid words. I now wish for an extra long arm that would allow me to smack these people upside the head like they so desperately need. And give them a good dose of HAPPINESS!

"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Britannicus

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 7:10pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
There was a request to have a "Stephen Wearing Weird Stuff" week. Here we have him wrapped up and ready to be mailed to Hugh as a birthday present.

Teeheehee! Wow...that somehow reminds me of my dream. A bunch of us from the forum were playing a mini game of QI with Stephen Fry but in the end we all just traded recipes for cooking potatoes. O.o

boffinbabe12

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 7:20pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
poof fag
I love that mad glare in his eye.

Lovely Jane

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 11:08pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
cigarette...

which reminds me of someone on the imdb-forums:

Wasn't he supposed to have stopped smoking?

Last week on the 19/04. He was in Queensway Park, Loughborough filming. Interrupted him whilst he was having a f*a*g break.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000410/board/thread/72870189

hm... I might be wrong, but I assume he or she meant the fags that give off smoke when being sucked.

edit: little starlets by me... what*s the point of censorship on a stephen fry-forum? goodness...

ClareBear

Posted Mon Jun 11th, 2007 11:25pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
amyl nailed it.....

http://stephenfry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=23781#23781

I don't want that shit here.