Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2012 7:10am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

@PrancingJeeves on Twitter.

Lily-Rose

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2012 9:46am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Ooh thank you Prancing Jeeves! Loving the pics! The first one is my fave! There's nothing more charming than a man kissing a lady's hand.

@KristinEarhart on Twitter

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2012 9:57am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Lily-Rose said:
Ooh thank you Prancing Jeeves! Loving the pics! The first one is my fave! There's nothing more charming than a man kissing a lady's hand.

Agreed. He was all over that woman. Whatever her character's name was. Yeah, I don't really know her name.

mvet88

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2012 9:59am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Jeremy, thanks for all that you have done to keep this thread running. May you enjoy your 'retirement'. It will not be the same without you so please do come back now and again!

Meanwhile, how about it Prancing Jeeves? You seem to find new Stephen pictures quicker than anyone! Surely you can keep this thread going?

Lily-Rose

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2012 10:04am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Prancing Jeeves said:
Agreed. He was all over that woman. Whatever her character's name was. Yeah, I don't really know her name.

In the film, her name was The Wren. he called her Wren though.

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2012 10:56am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

mvet88 said:
Jeremy, thanks for all that you have done to keep this thread running. May you enjoy your 'retirement'. It will not be the same without you so please do come back now and again!

Meanwhile, how about it Prancing Jeeves? You seem to find new Stephen pictures quicker than anyone! Surely you can keep this thread going?

I've got a huge file of Stephen Fry pictures so I can post some. I'm not as funny though.

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2012 11:07am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Lily-Rose said:
In the film, her name was The Wren. he called her Wren though.

That's a lovely name.

inckognito

Inactive

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2012 2:55pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

mvet88 said:

I don't think someone else should now take over this thread! I don't think there is a need for that!

We can all here post random pictures of Stephen NO MATTER how new they are because the thread is different now! And no one must take over it.

Unless they want to start a NEW one!

gemini

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2012 4:27pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I don't think there's a need for another thread. Let's keep F-A-D alive the way it is and has been.

Have an article:

inckognito

Inactive

Posted Fri Oct 26th, 2012 5:30pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

That's exactly what I meant, Gemini. We all can post Stephen's pics here as usual. Pics we want to post. No matter how old or latest they will be.

As far as I understood, Mvet88 suggested that Prancing Jeeves should sort of take over now, because she is very good at finding new pics of Stephen. I think that's a bit silly - we are all posting pictures here, the thread is alive, - no need for taking over.

I just want to keep enjoying this thread. Hopefully, it'll be possible...

Have a kiss

mvet88

Posted Sat Oct 27th, 2012 5:11am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

inckognito said:
I don't think someone else should now take over this thread! I don't think there is a need for that!

We can all here post random pictures of Stephen NO MATTER how new they are because the thread is different now! And no one must take over it.

Unless they want to start a NEW one!

Oh my we are getting heated up aren't we? I wasn't suggesting Prancing Jeeves was the only one that could post on here. Where in my above post did I say anything about anyone taking over this thread? I just thought she could help to keep this thread going (and you said yourself in your previous post that it was 'the end' for you so perhaps I assumed you didn't want to come back to this thread)

What happened to the friendliness that used to be exhibited on this thread??? I do not want to come on here and get attacked for what I wrote

mvet88

Posted Sat Oct 27th, 2012 5:21am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

......Anyway I don't like fighting with people online.

I think laughing is better

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Sat Oct 27th, 2012 5:37am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Mvett just knows that I find pictures fast and could help it out with new pictures. THAT'S ALL. She knows I don't have time to take over the thread and run the whole thing. There's a difference in "Let's have so and so run the whole thing" and "so and so you should post pictures to keep it going."
Let's not have a drama fest. Nor should anyone attack others. That's not what Fry-A-Day is about.

Prancing Jeeves

Posted Sat Oct 27th, 2012 5:51am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Anywho:

Stephen Fry leaving the Codagan Hotel.

Lily-Rose

Posted Sat Oct 27th, 2012 10:15am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I'm somewhat of a newbie here, and I tend to stick to this thread for the most part, but having ventured into the forums, I came across something Stephen said. Far be it from me to tell people how to do things around here, but I do feel it's getting rather uncomfortable past few days with somewhat of a disagreement going on, and so here is a bit of what Stephen said that I think might apply here:

Stephen: "If you like my works and my deeds, what I say and what I do in the world, if you are admirers, fans or followers of my life and career, then I would hope you might feel that I try and stand for friendliness and openness, and that I can only be distressed by in-fighting, turf wars, possessiveness and resentments. I am not trying to overstate the problem, I am happy to note that the forum has not disintegrated – I am saying all this as a pre-emptive measure. To stop things going in that direction as I fear they will if we don’t all pause and consider."

He's all for peace and love and understanding. It's one of the main reasons I admire him.

Prancing Jeeves has a talent for finding photos and such. I feel that Mvett was merely pointing this out and asked Prancing Jeeves to bless us with her vast library of Fry photos There was nothing about taking over the thread from what I read. Lets not make this into a "Turf war" as Stephen might say.
Again, I'm new, but I'm also somewhat of a peacemaker. If I see strife, it makes me uncomfortable, and I endeavour to fix it.
If what I have said makes anyone mad, I am truly very sorry, it was certainly not my intention. xx