Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

boffinbabe12

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 10:42pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I never noticed his mouth and truth be told I hadn't noticed his nose until I became a Fryfan, but you are right it makes him more irresistable.

whattocallmyself

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 1:34am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Didn´t Elvis´s mouth do a thing like that as well, or was that just an image?
When it comes to Mr Fry, I really like things askew!
A straight Fry is a horrible thought! .. allthough..*sigh* No, I´m not going there today! It´s good behaviour-day! or something!

Fryphile, that car-image made me laugh so hard my hinie almost came off! X-D oh god, what bad scence of humor one gets late at night!

Onwards and Upwards!

AxmxZ

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 2:34am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Didn´t Elvis´s mouth do a thing like that as well, or was that just an image?

I know there's a famous photo of Tom Stoppard talking, and his mouth does exactly the same thing as Fry's, but that might have been a fluke:

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 11:14am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I love all of Stephen's little quirks. It makes him so much more irresistable. ^_^

Waistcoat Stephen! *gwomps*

Bit literal here, Mr. Straight Lips.

What's this picture from?

Assuming direct control...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 11:15am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
The film IQ, where Stephen's character is engaged to Einstein's niece (Meg Ryan) or something and Tim Robbins (a mechanic) fancies her so Einstein (Walter Matthau) helps him because he thinks Stephen is too stuffy.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 1:04pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I could be wrong but with the buttons and the collar it looks like a traditional jacket from Bavaria or Austria:

Exactly! I love this jacket too! Unfortunately, I never taped this episode of QI from back in 2005.

I´d like to think that Stephen bought it in e.g. Vienna when visiting to film parts of WDYTYA? But that is nonsense, of course! X-D

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 1:09pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
He wore the jacket in series A as well! I had no idea (I totally remember him wearing it in series C though we were raving about it on the FryControl forum) until yesterday when I watched some episodes with my sister. It was either episode 4, 5 or 6.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 1:51pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
He wore the jacket in series A as well! I had no idea (I totally remember him wearing it in series C though we were raving about it on the FryControl forum) until yesterday when I watched some episodes with my sister. It was either episode 4, 5 or 6.

Which proves my "wishful thinking" theory WRONG (I expected as much!) X-D
I did not know that, amyl_nitrate, thanks for the info! I "discovered" Mr Fry only in 2006, up until then I had only bought Wilde, seen him on the telly (even the ABOFAL pilot back in 1986!!!) and read "The Stars´ Tennis Balls", without really taking any notice of the man :-// But then he really hit me ... and I ended up on this forum

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 2:52pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Which proves my "wishful thinking" theory WRONG (I expected as much!) X-D
I did not know that, amyl_nitrate, thanks for the info! I "discovered" Mr Fry only in 2006, up until then I had only bought Wilde, seen him on the telly (even the ABOFAL pilot back in 1986!!!) and read "The Stars´ Tennis Balls", without really taking any notice of the man :-// But then he really hit me ... and I ended up on this forum

You're welcome Gerti. I only just noticed the jacket in the earlier episodes yesterday, if it wasn't for that I would've liked to have thought he'd got it from Austria during filming WDYTYA too?

I 'discovered' His Fryness in the mid-late 90s when I saw Blackadder and Wilde and then started noticing him popping up in stuff I watched like Gormenghast for example. I wasn't really a mad fan until I saw QI and then later when I got digital tv Boffle and Jeeves & Wooster. That's when I went nuts. His writing made me fancrazy too. The first thing I read by him was the essay 'Playing Oscar' which can be found in the Oscar Wilde book 'Nothing...Except My Genius' which I read when Wilde came out and watched the film soon after.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 3:03pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
OK who can beat this? I guess the first time I saw Stephen was in The Young Ones episode Bambi the first time it was broadcast in 1982. Throughout the 80s I watched all the Blackadder series and got into ABOFAL, but only after reading Paperweight did I seriously decide I admired the man.

absolutely curtains

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 5:11pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
My mouth does the same!
I hate it.
When I smile the left side goes as you would expect it to but the right side stays lower making my face look well odd. I have to think about a smile before I do it!! Which most of the time you don't have time for as you just smile.

I've always thought it something to do with the muscles in me face.

Snappage..

It also makes my eyes different sizes when I smile. Annoying in photo evidence!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 5:12pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
The Frylies are no more.

X-D :-// :'( (!) ->

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

absolutely curtains

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 5:13pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Now those are terribly good.

Well done!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 5:16pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
The Mr Green one scares me!!

*ducksandhides*

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 6:10pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Haha! Very good, Fryphile! What's next week's theme? How about "Themes... what good are they?"