Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Soupy Twist

Posted Mon Oct 15th, 2007 8:18pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

how is Wooster

Thanks for asking, Gerti I phoned the vet today and she told me he is getting better He's going to receive a second round of antibiotics tomorrow morning and after that I can take him home. I will have to keep him under a warming lamp for a few days but that's not a problem. I bet poor lonely Jeeves will lose all his solemn countenance with joy to have his Wooster back!
This was really serious. The vet is so angry with the pet shop. The whole chain (Dehner, who also sell plants) is apparently known to treat the animals badly. The birds are bred in Eastern Europe and, once they're a few weeks old, shipped to Germany where they receive their ring, and transported to the respective shops who don't give a toss about them. I'm not kidding, but once my birds were stored in those little transport boxes and we brought them to the cashier she grabbed the boxes, scanned them and banged them on the counter. After that she wanted to put them in a plastic bag 8-O My mother and I protested and assured them that there is no necessity at all to suffocate the poor creatures and that she is not dealing with flower pots or a watering can!
The same goes for the rodents they sell. It's no wonder that a little creature like a budgie or a guinea pig or a rat catches a severe infection with all the enormous stress of several transports and bad keeping.
Unaware of all this I supported these conditions by buying my birds there and not at a breeder's. But: Poor Wooster would already be dead if I hadn't bought him. The shop would have "disposed" of him once they had noticed that he's ill :'( So it's a good thing I picked him and Jeeves. And even if he had been too ill to pull through he would at least have died in the care of the vet and not in a dustbin at Dehner's

But here, in Fryphile's lovely thread, is no place for such gloomy thoughts. It looks as if all has a good outcome! I'm looking forward to tomorrow to the Jeeves & Wooster reunion

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Oct 16th, 2007 2:05pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Dearest Fryphile, you don´t happen to have that moment from the second episode of HIV&Me on DVD where Stephen looks into the sunset and those rays of sunlight that fall through the blind turn his eyes into pools of mesmerising blue

This one?

If not, here's one more for luck.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Tue Oct 16th, 2007 8:46pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

This one?

That´s the one, Fryphile, thanks!

hauntingly celestial

christy

Posted Tue Oct 16th, 2007 8:53pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
How do you add a picture?
I've only managed links so far....
sorry for being a tad rubbish with technology!

*****always in the gutter, but looking at the stars*****

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Oct 16th, 2007 9:23pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
How do you add a picture?
I've only managed links so far....
sorry for being a tad rubbish with technology!

You just have to put the tag [img] [/img] around your links. An example would be your picture of Lord Byron from the "Stephen Fry voted 3rd wittiest in Britain" thread.

Without tags:
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/Otter_photo.....54x209.jpg

With tags:

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

christy

Posted Tue Oct 16th, 2007 9:36pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Two of the wittiest silliest men ever!!!
Hope this works!

*****always in the gutter, but looking at the stars*****

jemmo

Posted Tue Oct 16th, 2007 9:45pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Two of the wittiest silliest men ever!!!
Hope this works!

Well done !

And I agree. They were great. Adored E.L.Wisty !!! (not sure how you spell it...) :-//

Betsie

Posted Wed Oct 17th, 2007 3:53am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I adore those men. "Bloody Greta Garbo!" X-D Thanks for posting a great pic, christy.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Wed Oct 17th, 2007 1:56pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Stephen needs a hug. And a comb.

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Wed Oct 17th, 2007 3:14pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I need a hug, too. Come here, Stephen!

TobiasMonk

Posted Wed Oct 17th, 2007 3:58pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

He can't see you, your avatar is gone!

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Wed Oct 17th, 2007 3:59pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

He can't see you, your avatar is gone!

Which avatar?

TobiasMonk

Posted Wed Oct 17th, 2007 4:00pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Whoops, nevermind it's back and it's him! X-D He's not likely to hug himself, is he?

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Wed Oct 17th, 2007 4:01pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Whoops, nevermind it's back and it's him! X-D He's not likely to hug himself, is he?

Hmm... you never know. Wait, no, he's probably not.

TobiasMonk

Posted Wed Oct 17th, 2007 4:45pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
and he's pointing at you, will you tell him it's impolite to point, or shall I? X-D X-D

Walt Whitman