Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

jemmo

Posted Wed Oct 24th, 2007 9:08pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
amyl_nitrate said:

I can't see any of your posted pics or avatar jemmo. I want to join in witht he ruffling of Stephen's hair.

Hey, thanks for alerting me. Just gone onto Photobucket and there's something weird happening with my album. Like I can't access it !
I'll get it sorted tomorrow and hopefully all will be well.

Be great if you'd like to join in with the ruffling of Stephen's hair. Feel free. A foursome for Stephen...cool.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Oct 24th, 2007 9:24pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Hey, thanks for alerting me. Just gone onto Photobucket and there's something weird happening with my album. Like I can't access it !
I'll get it sorted tomorrow and hopefully all will be well.

That happened to me a while ago. John Steed couldn't see a bunch of pictures I'd posted and I found I couldn't access my Photobucket album but then something like twenty minutes later it was fine.

Assuming direct control...

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2007 7:53am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Maybe he just get's self-conscious when he dances because of his self-image (he's always saying negative things about his height).

*droolsjustthinkingofstephenincharlesprentissmode*

Loving the swooshy hair action Gerti.

But what´s wrong with his height, for heaven´s sake Being 5ft11 (in my stockinged feet, and yes I know that I am not the tallest girl on the forum ) I would die for a dance with a chap standing 6ft5 tall

Charles Prentiss mode -

More "swooshy hair action" coming up, today from Stephen´s most recent documentary (I am thus ending my guest performance on a more serious note...)

OVER TO YOU FRYPHILIE
(Thanks for providing the lovely pics, hope you had a great time in LV )

jemmo

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2007 8:11am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Well done, Gerti !
A noble stand-in for Fryphile.

Interesting - all three pics you've posted have lovely swooshes, but his eyes are closed in each one. Does he then always flick (or swoosh) and close his eyes as he does so ? I hadn't noticed it before...

I too hope that Fryphile had a great time - but in in SSD (Stephen's sock drawer) as well as LV. X-D

Now gonna sort out my Photobucket album...

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2007 8:20am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Well done, Gerti !

Does he then always flick (or swoosh) and close his eyes as he does so ?

:-// Thank you, jemmo. My pleasure!

Well worth investigating I´d gladly volunteer X-D

Yes, please sort out your photobucket, jemmo - we want to see your avatar

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2007 10:22am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Maybe he just get's self-conscious when he dances because of his self-image (he's always saying negative things about his height).

But what´s wrong with his height, for heaven´s sake Being 5ft11 (in my stockinged feet, and yes I know that I am not the tallest girl on the forum ) I would die for a dance with a chap standing 6ft5 tall

I know! Why does he have to be so negative about his height all the time!? I like tall and I think he looks great. Anything but a binliner full of yoghurt.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2007 10:28am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Gerti said:

Stephen doesn´t need a HUG. The poor soul has just had one from meee, plus a good ruffle (hence the bewildered look)

Well, I'll join you, if I may, Gerti.

So here's Stephen fresh from being hugged AND ruffled by the two of us...

Oh dear...sorry and all that, Stephen...

NOT !

Oh no Stephen!!! You poor thing you're all ruffled out! :'( You'll need looking after. Lots of cuddles, kisses and being fed chocolate biscuits for you! No escape sorry. You'll be glad for the biscuits. They're really there to stop me nibbling on you. ^_^

whattocallmyself

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2007 10:34am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I know! Why does he have to be so negative about his height all the time!? I like tall and I think he looks great. Anything but a binliner full of yoghurt.

Tall is sexy!
Tall+dark+handsome is the 3 magic criteria for lovestrucken fainting, according to fairytales anyway.. And me!

Onwards and Upwards!

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2007 10:58am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Anything but a binliner full of yoghurt.

A binliner full of yoghurt You lost me there...

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2007 11:03am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

That's how he described himself when interviewed by Mark Lawson for his 50th birthday weekend on BBC4. :'(

Soupy Twist

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2007 11:28am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

That's how he described himself when interviewed by Mark Lawson for his 50th birthday weekend on BBC4. :'(

Yes, I remember that self-description, it made me very sad. But I'm no stranger to self-deprecation myself. I wish it were possible to see oneself the way friends see one.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2007 12:52pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Very sad, very very sad :'(

He should focus on all his attractive features (I could list at least three, but I won´t...)

I can somehow relate to the "yoghurt" bit, though (I don´t tan )

But I'm no stranger to self-deprecation myself. I wish it were possible to see oneself the way friends see one.

Now that makes me equally sad, Soupy
At least you know the way your friends see you...

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2007 1:42pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Very sad, very very sad :'(

He should focus on all his attractive features (I could list at least three, but I won´t...)

I can somehow relate to the "yoghurt" bit, though (I don´t tan )

It makes me very sad too. I couldn't believe my ears when he said that. I found it to be one of the most upsetting things mentioned in the whole interview.

I don't think the media helps. It seems to affect a lot of people in our society. Everyone is constantly having this set beauty standard shoved down their throats telling them they can only be attractive if they are skinny. You see those magazines saying be happy with your own body yet at the same time all the pictures they show are of thin people, skinny girls and men with six packs. They all look the same. Boring really.

But I'm no stranger to self-deprecation myself. I wish it were possible to see oneself the way friends see one.

Now that makes me equally sad, Soupy
At least you know the way your friends see you...

I'm not a stranger to self-deprecation either. I don't think all the bullying throughout my school life helped. It meant that when people complimented me at college I didn't know how to react and was too wary and looking for signs of sarcasm at first. My self-esteem used to be practically zero.

jemmo

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2007 2:10pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
amyl_nitrate said:

My self-esteem used to be practically zero.

Oh, I DO hope that means that your self-esteem is better now. So sorry to hear that you were bullied when you were younger. That's awful.

By the way, I've got my Photobucket back okay, so my avatar can be seen. Think I might change it...have to look and see what else I've got...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Oct 25th, 2007 2:13pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
My mum has got that quote on the bumper of her car